Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 06:35:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMegaman 2.5D
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Megaman 2.5D  (Read 5802 times)
Ixis
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:11:19 PM »

Not sure if anyone's covered this yet but...

Anyone know the story on that?
partymetroid
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 12:46:26 AM »

WOW!  Their gameplay is AMAZING!  Level design is amazing... they're doing an AMAZING job.  Did I mention that much of the stuff in general is amazing?  'Cause it is!
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 02:37:42 AM »

Normally I'm not too big on fangames, but if you are going to do a fangame then this is the right way to do it.  Damn, that looks sweet.

tweet tweet @j_younger
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:49:10 AM »

Wow.. that's.. sweet.
Cthulhu32
Level 6

Brawp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »

Looks pretty wicked - http://petersjostrand.com/

Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »

Not sure if I'd consider that 2.5D though, you can move in all three dimensions.  2.5D is more like Smash Bros. where you have 3D characters and levels but you only move on 2D plane.  Maybe it's misnomer because they use sprites.

In any case, looks cool.  The co-op mode looks especially fun.

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 10:13:39 AM »

megaman is a bad game but this is a pretty valiant attempt to make it not bad
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 10:24:49 AM »

Millions of people disagree, but your unbacked opinion is fact so who can argue?

Innerscope
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »

This is the Megaman game Capcom should have been working on, between the release of MegamanX and Megaman 9.

Current Project: Wizard's Pie (iOS)
Future Project: Maiden Days (iOS)
Other Stuff: Blog
 & Web Site (Under Construction)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »

I could have sworn I heard about this from the forums somewhere but I guess not. I have seen this around and I have to say I pretty stoked for it. I was impressed that it seems that it doesn't eschew the difficult nature of Mega Man, in fact it looks as brutal as ever.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 03:26:48 PM »

I saw an earlier version of this on youtube, I thought I got the link from here.
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »

Millions of people disagree, but your unbacked opinion is fact so who can argue?

not you that's for sure because you're getting all huffy about a shit nes game so you've already lost
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 11:27:56 PM »

Nah I don't care.  I think it's just sad that an "alter ego" that used to be amusing is now just an annoying troll.  It's really bringing the quality and importance of this site down.

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2009, 12:02:24 AM »

Hysteric fanboism is amusing as well. You are being successfully trolled.

Also, millions? More like thousands; indie boards are often frequented by retro gamers, who prefer to play Mario clones over anything modern. I don't blame them, given the gameplay quality of modern games. I personally wasn't excited by the video, though I noted smooth gameplay; a bit too smooth - it is one of those dexterity games that I avoid like plague.

Oh, and it appears that the author of video stated in an interview that was just a concept video. He's an artist, not a programmer.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 03:03:56 AM »

megaman is a bad game but this is a pretty valiant attempt to make it not bad

i totally agree with you

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 03:22:08 AM »

Also, millions? More like thousands; indie boards are often frequented by retro gamers, who prefer to play Mario clones over anything modern. I don't blame them, given the gameplay quality of modern games. I personally wasn't excited by the video, though I noted smooth gameplay; a bit too smooth - it is one of those dexterity games that I avoid like plague.

Oh, and it appears that the author of video stated in an interview that was just a concept video. He's an artist, not a programmer.

I honestly only got into a couple of the Mega Man games.  Sidescrollers haven't been my preferred genre since I was 12.  But yea, assume you know my tastes.

My post was mainly to point out how almost every thread has a Super Joe troll post lately.  Opinion as fact is annoying.  Apologies for feeding it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 03:31:54 AM by IceNine » Logged

Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 03:39:20 AM »

I honestly only got into a couple of the Mega Man games.  Sidescrollers haven't been my preferred genre since I was 12.  But yea, assume you know my tastes.

My post was mainly to point out how almost every thread has a Super Joe troll post lately.  Opinion as fact is annoying.  Apologies for feeding it.

Fair enough, Super Joe indeed is an annoying troll. But it is even more annoying that he is being fed into continuing existence.

I'm not fan of sidescrollers, either, so I apologize if I've hurt your feelings with my assumption.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 03:58:55 AM »

i think calling someone a 'hysteric fanboy' is more troll-like than calling a game bad

Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 04:11:09 AM »

do i need to add a "tgese are the opinions of one man, super joe" to my posts to satiate your aspergian desires or what
pgil
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 05:45:16 AM »

Quick question.. Opinion as fact? What does that mean?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic