Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:13:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSurvive & Seek - Who can Survive?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Survive & Seek - Who can Survive?  (Read 675 times)
jaimehgames
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2018, 12:04:41 PM »

Hi Everyone, I am Jaime and I am the only person working on the new multiplayer game 'Survive & Seek' which is due to be released at some point this year on Steam. I have been working on the Windows and Mac game for a couple of months now and I wanted to share the games development with you all as well as on our indieDB page which is linked at the bottom. I intend to run a Kickstarter this year during development as there are costs to running a mutliplayer games such as for servers, etc.

Below is the brief summary of the game:

You are stranded on an island with some other people unable to escape unless, you build a boat. However, that could be easy but the limited supply of resources means that only one person can escape alive.

Battle it out and collect enough resources from the island to build your boat and escape while the rest become losers who are stuck on the island FOREVER!

The Location
The game is based on a sandy island with lots of palm trees, rocks, sand and other scenery you would expect on a tropical island. For this I used the default terrain in Unity which allowed me to easily set the heights of the island to create uneven ground. I then used the palm trees included in the Unity assets along with rocks which I sourced from the Unity asset store. I'm personally not very experienced using blender for high-poly 3D models so the asset store is a life saver. Below are screenshots of the finished results.

The Player
As this game is a multiplayer game the players will need to be able to see one another but for testing at this stage I have used first person controls. It makes it easier to navigate around the terrain.

Resources
The aim of the game is to collect lots of resources and build a boat to escape the island. To do this wood can be used along with rope to create the boat. I have created loads of spawners on the island which will allow the resources to appear. Each resource varies in size according to set sizes in the games code. The player can then pick up one object at a time and take it to their own zone.

Zones
A zone is a section of the island in which the player can build their boat. Each player will have their own zone which any other players can access and steal resources from. I have created my own boat creator which gives a friendly interface to build and customize the boat. However, this is still very much in development and will be mentioned in other devlogs to come. Below is a screenshot of a basic boat which I created in-game.

Roadmap
I intend to work on the boat creator for a few more weeks to create a graphical interface with buttons and sliders for easy manipulation of the resources needed to create the boat such as position and rotation.

I also intend to start work on preparing the project to be for multiple players. I want to add multiple game modes which will make the game really fun to play. I will decide these nearer the time and of course your opinions will play a large part in what I include.

After this I can start getting on with the Kickstarter project and go from there.

Conclusion
I hope you like what you see. I will continue to add devlogs as development continues. Feel free to post your thoughts on this forum and I will be more than happy answer any questions.

IndieDB Page: http://www.indiedb.com/games/survive-seek
Twitter: https://twitter.com/survive_seek

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic