Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 10:37:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNeon Tail - An Open World Skating Game
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Neon Tail - An Open World Skating Game  (Read 16040 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »

COOL

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2020, 06:28:06 AM »

COOL
Thank you :D

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2020, 10:11:10 AM »

NeonTail_ProgressPreview68

Hi guys, it's been a while since my last #screenshotsaturday for my project Neon Tail, I've been very busy with life, but still working hard on the game.
I've created a new environment for the new dream sequence, giant alien brambles and plants, trees, rocks and grass.
The main plot is slowly advancing, I've also modeled a huge Alien creature, sculpted the high poly on stream. It was unwrapped, textured, rigged and skinned, but I have yet to animate it then implement it in the game. Maybe next week?
This plot mission is also waiting for the Slums District to be ready, it's supposed to happen in some shady place.
So things are shaping up, still very Work In Progress as you can see, but it's advancing!
I wish you all a Happy Halloween! Smiley

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2020, 06:52:12 AM »

NeonTail_ProgressPreview69

Hi, this week's #screenshotsaturday for my project Neon Tail I'm advancing the main plot, slowly getting into the action part of the game.
This week I was animating this cutscene, then implementing it in game, adding post processing effects, adjusting the time scale, the gravity, tweaking the ghost shader and the Alien material. Not sure about the alien eyes color yet, it looks like a missing shader in Unity right now. XD
Also note the ponytail physics, I gave up on writing it myself and bought the Dynamic Bone script. It's a bit expensive but we'll be able to have plenty of new cool cosmetics now.
Also I started sculpting a new NPC that will appear soon.
Wishing you guys a nice week end! See you next week! Wink

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2020, 06:52:44 AM »

NeonTail_ProgressPreview70

Hi, this week's #screenshotsaturday on my project Neon Tail I've added the ability to pet doggos and kitties.
I've finally made the skybox-swap-to-night-time feature work properly too, the reflection probes used to not refresh and kept the daytime reflections. So now that everything is properly darker, I've added a flashlight to the camera.
I've also implemented a new important story character, his vest's physics are quite a challenge, and he's lacking his own animations. But he won't be playable for a while so it's alright.
Next step, advancing the plot!
Have a nice week end! :D

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2021, 10:30:01 AM »

NeonTail_ProgressPreview72

It's been a while since my last #screenshotsaturday
Since last time on my project Neon Tail , a lot has been done.
- I added a Donation system (ingame, not a real one), where whenever you perform enough tricks and acquire enough audience, there's a chance someone will give you a donation, giving the player incentive to perform Tricks and Combos all the time.
- The game has been translated to French and Chinese. I really want the game to be translated in Japanese, but I don't speak it, so that will have to wait.
- I drew many 2D anime style Portraits for the dialogs.
- Added 2 Main Plot missions.
- Added a backpack to delivery jobs
- Added more secret collectibles.
- Added a few animations, and a lot of Debugs.
I'm wishing everybody a waaay better 2021, and a Happy New Year!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2021, 09:38:11 AM »

NeonTail_ProgressPreview73

Hello, for this week's #screenshotsaturday on my project Neon Tail , I don't have much to show beside the new (in game) Donation system. To keep it simple, you are a Skate Idol and you stream your skating skills, the more tricks and combos you do and the more viewers you get. Once you get to a very high number which is where I start here in this video, you get a high chance of getting donations. If you stop doing Tricks for too long, your viewer count will start to drop.
This is designed as an incentive to perform Tricks and Combos during missions, and I think it works well, at least for me and my friends.
Also another anecdote, the (in game) donators are all named from our (In Real Life) supporters on Patreon / direct donations. Thanks to them a thousand times!
Wishing you guys a nice week end! Smiley

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2021, 07:39:22 PM »

Big major update!

A new trailer was made to celebrate this new big major update!

This update took 5 months, changing the whole game experience.
Everything was reworked, improved, polished!

Thanks to our community's feedbacks we reworked the whole experience so that it fits a smoother, more pleasant and fun learning curve.

New features such as the city's map, subway transports, radar, skating up slopes, a whole new district to explore, Figurine viewer, Material Collecting, music, tons of new animations, Dialog Portraits, Aliens, lore, new cosmetics, chocolate crepes, cutscenes, combat system, and surprises!

Complete rework of most missions, the stats system, the modules and abilities structures, workshop, the night sky and its lightings, big translation work.

Of course, a tons of bugs were fixed, way too many to list here.
Well, one chapter polished, 3 more to go!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic