Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1344900 Posts in 61678 Topics- by 53241 Members - Latest Member: RoKo0

August 14, 2018, 11:34:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNeon Tail - An Open World Skating Game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Neon Tail - An Open World Skating Game  (Read 2112 times)
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »

One of my favorite parts about both

and

were their soundtracks. I'm surprised both videos didn't have any audio. I would throw some of that electronica pop in their to give the game more ambiance/atmosphere. Games looking cool, can't wait to see the level development!

These two games are awesome!
We are working on environment now, and we'll have music and audio in the video.
(style may like this part of track?)
(maybe style like this part of track)
Thank you for your interest in Neon Tail:)
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 07:20:00 AM »

Station
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 02:23:50 AM »

NeonTail_DevLog05

Well, I did some props. I'm taking a little time to try out design ideas on props.
I'd like to add the ability to place the character on either side of the screen for the selfies, will do that later.
I should probably move on to character modeling and animation, there's a lot to do and doing one thing for too long is dangerous for my schedule. I don't want to get entangled in design too long even if I'm not satisfied, since anything can be tweaked forever without improvement, and that will make me come back with fresher eyes.
See you next update! Smiley

Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 06:44:44 AM »

The environment looks appropriately neon and happy.

My fav is the green bus-stop things that look like they have a smiling face on their lower part.
Biijii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 07:47:18 AM »

Yo this looks cool. I'm getting A Spider-Man for PS2 kind of vibe with the unique way to travel around an open world. I like the sense of scale and variety of the architecture and props so far!

RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2018, 06:08:38 AM »

The environment looks appropriately neon and happy.

My fav is the green bus-stop things that look like they have a smiling face on their lower part.

HAHA, We'll continue to  produce more objects like these objects
Thank you Smiley
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 06:12:30 AM »

Yo this looks cool. I'm getting A Spider-Man for PS2 kind of vibe with the unique way to travel around an open world. I like the sense of scale and variety of the architecture and props so far!

Thank you!! Beer!
let's work hard together
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 08:13:01 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 06

This week's #screenshotsaturday is just me skating around to show a couple of new props I did, such as the Doggoshop, a small empty booth, where I can sell smaller props, either fruits, magazines, toys, anything actually.
I also did more level design friendly stairs grounds and ramps.
Ah I also did cool giant speakers and animated them so they bounces to the beat, but I didn't have time to implement them in the game yet, so that's gonna be for next week.
See you next update! Smiley

RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:32 PM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 07

Hi, my computer broke so I couldn't work for a while, but I'm back on track with this #screenshotsaturday !
I'm sorry the videos all look kind of sameish, but at least the progresses are clearly visible, however small they are.
Right now we're just creating more props, there's a huge amount of work to do, and a lot of visual decisions to think about.
I'll try to work more on the different grounds transitions, and create more of them. I found a bunch of bugs to fix to with the wallriding (again).
This is going to be a busy month.
Have a nice week end!

RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2018, 11:51:52 PM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 08

Hi, this week  I've created a hologram menu, and made it so the character would follow the screens as it rotates around.
I've updated both the anatomy and the clothes of the guy to match more with the girl.
I've added a small slide park with frogs, with a big statue with a grindable tongue, but the climbing design sucks as the bar to get up there aren't conveniently placed.
I've also started modeling another character, will try to finish him for next week. Smiley
Anyway, have a nice week end!
Zireael
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2018, 05:02:14 AM »

The hologram menu is great and the frog with the tongue is cool!
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2018, 11:11:43 PM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 09

I got 2 new characters, one is made from another character base and the other a remodeling of style. I'd like to add a big flashy plastic belt to the new girl but I keep on wanting stuff and time is rolling, so I'll see that later.
Other than that invisible bugs fixed, again on wallruns and on landing. Unsurprisingly, new bugs appeared, like when landing the turning animation blend is wrong.
There's also that other animation transition bug from skating to idle that you can see in this video. I'll try to fix those quickly.
Anyway my characters are a bit all samish because I lazily used the same bases to save time, so next week I'll try to model an NPC that will have its own unique look.
A kid, a fat bearded dude, or an old groovy grandma maybe? :D
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 11:12:50 PM »

The hologram menu is great and the frog with the tongue is cool!

Thank you!!! Coffee
RocketJuice
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 11:01:53 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 10

Hi, this week is just 2 new characters. I added a groovy grandma, still wondering what to put on her T-Shirt, maybe a hippie color pattern or some fictional rock rap or metal band. She will be a shopkeeper, although I leave open the possibility to play with her as a character. Leaving that for later.
I did "extracted" a shirtless dude from the work I did on the other male model, as it didn't take much time. That actually means I duplicated it and quick tweaked it, that lacks design work, but I don't think it's that bad, I'll just need more different characters in the future and I really gotta move on now.
See you next update!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic