Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 08:16:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNeon Tail - An Open World Skating Game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Neon Tail - An Open World Skating Game  (Read 15790 times)
RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2019, 10:06:26 PM »

is there going to be ska punk in this

Our music style will be like this

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2019, 10:10:17 PM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 41

Hi, for this week's #screenshotsaturday , I'm showing around the new residential area, the week was spent pretty much populating and optimizing the new zone. I created a new district management system who is in charge of tracking the player's presence and activating / deactivating the district's content accordingly.
This and fixed a LOT of small bugs. Bugs never end.
Next I'll try to focus on putting things to do, and polish before Bitsummit.
Have a nice week end! Smiley

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 42

These weeks have been frantic for me, it's very hard to find some time to make a video... but here it is, this week's late #screenshotsaturday a ton of work have been done. From what we saw during #bitsummit , we tried to snipe out what new players needs the most, what kind of explanation in what order and what was most effective to teach them the basics. Turns out we would need a sturdy tutorial for our game, with a visual of how things look when done well. I will also need to add a gamepad UI that shows the input of the demo girl in real time.

So here it is, the beginner's basic tutorial with a new level, called "The Garage", that will serve has HQ as well as tutorial and chill place for our characters.

Here's a list of all I've done :
- Analysed feedbacks from Bitsummit.
- Made a new character playable.
- Fixed selfie Screenshot file saving.
- Created a ghosting system that allows me to record my inputs.
- Input can now come from both code or player's input.
- NPC can now ghost a player's input.
- Wrote proper dialog localization system.
- Converted all dialogs to new system.
- Fixed wallrun out of wall direction.
- Added Text autoLanguageSet using new workflow.
- Modeled and created the Garage.
- Finished Garage basic tutorial.
- Added Checkpoints.
- Added Spawn location list based on from which level you come.
- Fixed Target indicator's bugs.
- Fixed SFX volume bug.
- Fixed mission related unintended workflow.
- Created new Data classes for relationships and more localization stuff.
- Grew a bunch of new white hair.

I'll try to get the advanced tutorial done by next week, and fix a bunch of minor bugs that's been in the game for a while.

The pace is frantic, but we're working hard to try to get a solid build by October.
See you next week! Wink

nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2019, 10:40:42 PM »

is there going to be ska punk in this

Our music style will be like this

ok this is fairly off topic but thank you for reminding me of this song, I loved it like 5??? years ago but forgot about it til now

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2019, 07:48:09 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 44

Hi, this week's #screenshotsaturday on my project Neon Tail was quite difficult, due to depressing news and the need for some solo gaming, you chose the right time, steam summer sales.
Anyway, played a lot, feeling better, I'm back to work. I've been spending a huge amount of time rewriting my optimizing system from scratch, feeling like an idiot for not recycling the props and pedestrians and animals, instead of creating that crazy complicated zone structure with bazillion actors that each have their scripts intertwined in so many systems.
Oh well, mistakes are the best teachers. I gained about 20FPS in very performance heavy camera angles, the game runs way faster overall, I'm satisfied but worried about when the whole city will be finished. Well, I should worry about one thing at a time. I need to polish that tutorial.
See you next week!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2019, 09:34:28 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 45

Neon Tail Starts Steam Early Access on 2019 September :D
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1126270/Neon_Tail/
The Demo build is available now! Fill out the questionnaire to better Neon Tail
Thank you very much!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2019, 12:55:49 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 47

A demo build is available now
Steam Page
Hi, I've added a lot of new things in my project Neon Tail , although most aren't easy to show in a video. So this week's #screenshotsaturday I'll just post a little peek of the mobile main menu, that can be relocated and readjusted with custom camera angles and character's animations.
As a quick list of what's been done, I added new NPC animations, added license badges, event unlocks and rewards, Anti Aliasing, Depth of Field and Motion Blur now checks your hardware for default value, NPC relationship changes on job performance, new jobs unlocks on relationship, and as usual, lots of debug.
Have a nice week end!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2019, 09:15:55 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 48

Hi! Lately work had been quite frenzy, a huge amount of debugs and polish for the upcoming early access of my game Neon Tail.
For this week's #screenshotsaturday , I really wish I could spend more time creating videos and explaining what's new in detail, but with the oppressive and unending to do list I have before the early access start, here's me just roaming around jumping and grinding happily everywhere.
Have a nice week end! :3

Also here's the link if you want to wish list it : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1126270/

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2019, 08:11:02 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 53

Hi, this week's #screenshotsaturday shows a super hero landing in my personal project Neon Tail !
Lots of work, more than usual... even added 14 new equipable items along with the Halloween event.
Have a nice week and happy ghosts slapping!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2019, 07:24:30 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 55

Hello, for this week's #screenshotsaturday on my project Neon Tail I'm finally starting to work on plot missions, I drew a little concept of the first in-game sport's game match's opponents, the Acid Frogs, and started modeling "the boss" of their team.
The new area is playable too, we're slowing down on environment creation and working actively on populating the city with missions and events.

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2019, 08:25:18 AM »

Neon Tail - Devlog 56

Hi, for this week's #screenshotsaturday on my project Neon Tail , some of you might have seen two weeks ago the concept art I drew for the first opponents my main protagonist will face.

Well I modeled them, textured etc... and implemented them, and took some time to completely rewrite the ghost system as it was FPS dependent, thus on some computers people would see weird things.

I also spent some time writing tools for faster future character / NPC implementations.

Anyway, I lazily reused many animations so the eyes goes weird sometime, I'll create their own animations later, at least a good Idle.

I'll try to create a small event including them for this month's build, but it might be too late. Next month there will be a mission with them.

That's it for this week, have a nice week end!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2020, 09:16:18 AM »

NeonTail ProgressPreview57

Hi, trying to keep up with #screenshotsaturday on my project Neon Tail !
There's been a ton of work done these few weeks, but I think the amount of new things decreased the quality of those things.
I made a couple of cutscenes and created a new mission to introduce a new character, I managed to make it all functional, but the result is quite unpolished.
I borrowed some animations from other character for dialog reaction animations, but it doesn't fit at all... Still better than nothing. I'll definitively replace them next update!
Some unintentional wrong positioning on some of the mission outcome, but overall it's still satisfying.
This is the first mission that has 6 different outcomes that will change your relationship with this new character, knowing that your relationship with her will have consequences with what she will do and what you can do with her later.
Stay safe and have a nice week end!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:39:27 AM by RocketJuice » Logged

YXMX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2020, 01:29:08 PM »

This looks really good. Loving the music and feel of the game. I'm Looking forward to see more progress.

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2020, 08:14:08 AM »

Thank you :D

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2020, 08:16:07 AM »

NeonTail ProgressPreview58

It is getting harder to stay consistent with the #screenshotsaturday while working on my project Neon Tail , I really need to keep it up.

I have so many new things that are hard to show!
Here's a few big ones :

You can now go back when you grind, I created and implemented the trains and cars traffic system, I updated the save system, ghost system, storage box system, added an upgrade feature to it, many shops and items were added along with the new area, and I completely reworked the Reputation system completely separating it from the tricks and combos system which have their own new scoring system.

More to come, I'm working on a new character in a new location that is part of a plot mission.

Have a nice week end!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2020, 06:45:29 AM »

NeonTail ProgressPreview59

Hi, I hope everybody's doing fine!
This week's #screenshotsaturday on my project Neon Tail , I've been busy working on the battery and drone workshop.

It's a place where you can upgrade your roller blades and camera drone to add new abilities. I've been mainly working on the room's look itself and started to prepare how the whole system will work.

Also added some more cosmetics, a minimap, and a couple of side quests.
Added a face mask because why not, and who said video game characters are immune to viruses?

Stay safe you all, see you next week!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2020, 08:38:15 AM »

NeonTail ProgressPreview60

Hi, for this week's #screenshotsaturday for my project Neon Tail I made unlockable abilities that are now properly implemented in the game.
I finished implementing a workshop where you can get a "battery" installed on your roller blades. Each battery has a different amount of energy you will need to use abilities. Each battery also have a different amount of slots to plug modules in. Modules can change your base stats, such as speed, grip, and balance, but more importantly enable abilities such as Spin boosts, Rush boosts, magnetic jumps and wallrides.
Here's a video of me skating around with those abilities installed.

Lately I've been building up stress more than I should and found myself getting angry quite easily. I'll need to find some ways to deal with this, I'm sure this is a quite common thing among indie game devs (actually probably everybody...) stay healthy guys!

Have a nice week end!

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2020, 08:33:01 AM »

NeonTail ProgressPreview61

Hi, this week's #screenshotsaturday for my project Neon Tail I finally finished my Training Facilities. It has some collision bugs and I want to rework the screen menus, but at least the facilities are operational.
There's always a kind of tension between advancing the whole project, reworking the existing feature and polishing / debugging what's already done.
There's also that perpetual lack of satisfaction with my own work. I wouldn't be where I am without it, doing so many different things like art and coding, but I never feel... well satisfied neither.
I guess I just need to keep going until the project is finished. And either ignore or schedule super tightly all the polish gnawing at the sides of my focus, else the project will never finish. Shocked
Sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not! I'm just talking about some difficulties I face during game dev. I'm doing exactly what I want and I'll crush my project! Tongue

Anyway, have a nice week end!

#NeonTail #indiegame #gamedev #madewithunity #screenshotsaturday

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2020, 07:38:01 AM »

NeonTail ProgressPreview64

Hi, I didn't post anything for a month now, but I've been quite busy on my project Neon Tail nonetheless. I've spent some time brainstorming some plot points that used to be weak, now we're solidly good to go.
I've reworked the plot related dream prologue, with new environment and props, and I am currently creating a real introduction cinematic. This is still in progress, so maybe that's what I'll post next Saturday.

Meanwhile for this #screenshotsaturday , I'll just show some new animations on the other playable characters. The way they play and feel now starts to really split away from each others and reinforce their personality.

Anyway, have a nice week end, stay safe! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 10:26:19 AM by RocketJuice » Logged

RocketJuice
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2020, 10:28:07 AM »

NeonTail ProgressPreview66

Hi, for this week's #screenshotsaturday for my project Neon Tail I'm skating around, shopping, and racing.
Lots of updates this month, dialogs have new animations, added many new moves to the unlockable characters, I finally fixed the turn around at the end of a rail during a grind bug, and I did a big optimization overhaul for better resource and memory management.
I discovered the "Addressable" system Unity had for a while that I wasn't aware of. It kind of resolved some problems I had.
Anyway, I did a lot of very various things, a lot more coming soon, have a nice week end!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic