Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:50:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 425390 times)
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 03, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

argh my eyes  Angry

I just realized, there is no possible way his wife could be editing his wikipedia page. For that he would have to be married, and not even the most desperate trainwreck in the world would marry that shitbag in her perfect state of mind.  WTF
And I'm only talking about his physical appearance.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: June 03, 2009, 12:12:54 PM »

rotfl MikeDee, you made my day

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: June 03, 2009, 12:18:43 PM »

women marry largely for economic reasons (this is not an insult against women, just evolutionary truth). i wonder how much his secret deals with people using 'edge' have earned him. the lawyer did call him 'successful' and he's apparently wealthy enough to drop down 700$ for the edgy trademark quite easily.

raiten
« Reply #323 on: June 03, 2009, 12:24:26 PM »

I just noticed Mr. Langdell is a follower of Dalai Lama, and the Dalai Lama Foundation on twitter. I guess it doesn't mean much compared to all the bigger dirt on him we've managed to uncover, but it still speaks loads to me.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: June 03, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »

I think I'm starting to want to see a movie based on the life of Langdell, and a game based on the movie of the life of Langdell.

PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 03, 2009, 12:49:35 PM »

women marry largely for economic reasons (this is not an insult against women, just evolutionary truth).
Bit quick handing around truth here, aren't we?  Huh?
Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: June 03, 2009, 01:00:39 PM »

I think I'm starting to want to see a movie based on the life of Langdell, and a game based on the movie of the life of Langdell.

Yes.

"Starring Sean Connery as Mobigames, and Arnold Schwarzenegger as Tim Langdell, as well as special guest appearance by Tim Curry as Tom Buscaglia"

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
ChrisFranklin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2009, 01:16:44 PM »

Does anyone know if there are even any other employees of Edge Games besides Tim Langdell. All the Edge websites are registered under his name and nowhere can I find any evidence of their being any other employees. It seems to me that his company was set up solely for him to register multiple trademarks in different fields and get himself into game credits. To me, pretty much everything he has said sounds like a lie. It is as if he has been falsifying his entire life history in order to get recognition and money. It's like he seems to have some extreme form of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Anyone know of the case of Jean-Claude Romand,he pretended he was a medical doctor and the lies just advanced from there to the point where he killed his whole family to protect his secrets. I mean come on, this guy even pretended to run a space travel company called galactic edge spacetravels, and to have buzz aldrin as an advisor. I almost feel sorry for him now his schemes are crashing down, but the guy is so unlikable that I don't at all.

These are some questions we need answered
  • How many of the 180 games Tim Langdell claims to be involved in do we have evidence of, and did Tim Langdell have any active part to play in their development.
  • How many other people does EDGE Games employ, is it actively making or publishing any games?
  • What about Langdell's other ventures, any evidence that they have actually produced anything.
  • Looking back at Tim's or at least Cheri Davis' version of the Tim Langdell wikipedia page, is there any evidence for any of the claims made there, such as Tim helping with the development of World of Warcraft and God of War
  • His books are another interesting case, one of his books (Virtual Reality Beyond Imagination) has a single five star review on amazon probably written by Langdell himself and his other book (Game Testing All in One) has two reviews on amazon.com and one on amazon.co.uk. The tow on amazon.com look like Langdell's work, giving it five stars and blindly praising it while amazon.co.uk has a single review, this time by someone obviously unrelated to Langdell poking fun at the books illogical approach to game testing. Has anybody ever seen these books out in the wild and do they have any redeeming factors.

So yeah, lets find as much out about this guy as we can.

I don't know, I think we know all we need to at this point.  Further inquiries into Langdell's private life or prior enterprises don't really seem germane to the issue at hand - whether he actually worked on 200 games or not, it's clear that the Edge Games "brand" was in no danger of being confused with the iPhone game Edge, especially since, indeed, we can't really identify an Edge Games game since 1994.  Whether he's a fraud or simply stretching facts in other parts of his life is largely irrelevant.  A sitting IGDA director has used what appear by all accounts to be shady practices to bully a small indie team to extort them for cash.

If anything, Landell is obfuscating the real issue by throwing out all these "I worked on 200 games!  I saved indies in the 80's!" claims.  I mean, if Alec and company tried to blackmail another indie company for just having the word "Ammo" or "Infinite" in the name of their game they'd be assholes just the same as Langdell.  A track record of "good" behavior like releasing awesome games and helping fellow indies doesn't excuse being a dick.  So even if he's telling the complete and entire truth about this stuff, it doesn't exonerate him.

If we should be asking Langdell anything, it should be his basis for his extremely strong defense of a really weak trademark.  What really interests me - what legitimate concessions has he offered that didn't involve him taking a share of the profits from Edge and claiming yet another "licensee"?  Have him prove that he's legitimately simply concerned about protecting his trademark and is willing to help another small indie developer make it while protecting his own interests and not just in it for a quick buck.  That's the real test litmus for how scummy this scandal is, not whether he could technically claim a credit for a two-week advising job he did on God of War.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2009, 01:24:41 PM »

So who should play langdell in the future movie?
I'm thinking peter Stormare could adequately mix, pathetic, bullying and funny.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »

So who should play langdell in the future movie?
I'm thinking peter Stormare could adequately mix, pathetic, bullying and funny.

1 word: Keanu Reeves
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2009, 01:28:23 PM »

women marry largely for economic reasons (this is not an insult against women, just evolutionary truth).
Bit quick handing around truth here, aren't we?  Huh?

yes. i believe it is important to know truths.

ben2theedge
Pixelhead
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »

Alfred Molina is the obvious choice
MikeDee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2009, 01:30:47 PM »

women marry largely for economic reasons (this is not an insult against women, just evolutionary truth). i wonder how much his secret deals with people using 'edge' have earned him. the lawyer did call him 'successful' and he's apparently wealthy enough to drop down 700$ for the edgy trademark quite easily.

yeah sure generally speaking you are right, but langdell is one of a few cases of severe ugliness, not even if he shat golden eggs.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »

Alfred Molina is the obvious choice

needs a beard. i suggest chuck norris. same amount of narcissism and tendency to delusion too (e.g. he believes in creationism).

yeah sure generally speaking you are right, but langdell is one of a few cases of severe ugliness, not even if he shat golden eggs.

i don't really see that. he looks okay to me. he's not terribly ugly for his age.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2009, 01:33:03 PM »

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »

+

=

ChevyRay
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2009, 01:38:31 PM »

:D

Oh man... you pissed on TIGSource's rug, Langdell. You PISSED on our rug!
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2009, 01:40:27 PM »

holy shit Derek, it's so true :D

Edit:

WTF? WTF

well, no way he's Langdell for real, everybody knows he loves to use feminine nicknames  Cool
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 01:45:52 PM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2009, 01:42:37 PM »

Tim Langdell: "Well.. that's just.. like... your opinion.. man"

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
CK
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »

Tim Langdell: "Well.. that's just.. like... your opinion.. man"

Big Laff

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic