Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:39:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesEDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 112
Print
Author Topic: EDGE Games and Tim Langdell ( Mobigame's Edge pulled because of the word Edge )  (Read 425229 times)
Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: June 04, 2009, 11:08:13 PM »

Well, if enough people banded together ... then you could actually drag this into court.

I mean, in the case where it was IBM vs SCO, IBM literally drilled SCO into the ground simply because they keep taking them into court, which eventually lead to SCO just declaring bankruptcy.

I like turtles.
Stegersaurus
Level 2

Crazy robots...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: June 04, 2009, 11:09:05 PM »

Hey guys! I just got this video uploaded showing my application of what I've learned from Tim Langdell, and how I'm using it to help my games reach the top of the charts Wink

It's clearly an ingenius tactic, and is so easy it can be used anywhere!

http://www.stegersaurus.com - Yet another blog about games
Mega Monster Mania - Procedural, fast paced dungeon running
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 04, 2009, 11:27:46 PM »

lol, why does Mobygames now credit Langdell as involved with God of War?

jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: June 05, 2009, 12:12:05 AM »

lol, why does Mobygames now credit Langdell as involved with God of War?

He is listed under "Special Thanks" Smiley

edgetheedge
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 05, 2009, 01:03:24 AM »

Apparently he supplied some of his students for GOW's beta testing. An amazing achievement.

What I'd really like to know is what this man was like as a teacher.

Could any of his former students shed some light on that please?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:18 AM »

I think it should be plainly obvious by now that Tim Langdell is a career criminal who has attained his lofty position by standing on the bodies of his victims. I'd be suprised if he's ever signed a contract he hasn't later broken(poor Cheri Davis). I don't think there is any muck raking that any of you could do that would make Tim's life miserable. Unlike you and I career criminals are usually proud of their criminal achievements and feel absolutely no remorse. As such he's probably loving all his past conquests finally being recognised. The only way Tim Langdell will stop extorting money from the unsuspecting is when he is finally put behind bars.

Apparently he supplied some of his students for GOW's beta testing. An amazing achievement.

What I'd really like to know is what this man was like as a teacher.

Could any of his former students shed some light on that please?
It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if we discover that he has never even taught a single class.

As for the IGDA. It is rotten at it's core. Granted there are a few green bit around the edges[ahem], but at it's center it is hollow and full of maggots. Taste it at your peril. I feel sorry for the [few] poor board members who are actually dedicated to making a difference, and not just serving their own selfish issues. They are now tarnished with the IGDA's tainted brush.

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2009, 03:17:21 AM »

I played Fairlight when I was very young and I thought it was a really cool, interesting and arty game. It's sickening to hear that Bo Jangeborg was screwed over it. What a cock.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:57 AM »

Could we stop pretending that this guy is Hitler now?
Radix
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2009, 04:01:53 AM »

He's filling a void.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2009, 04:22:04 AM »

he's not Hitler, but he's indeed a very big douchebag, a liar, and an extortionist.. so, why someone needs to stop? He's still at his place at IGDA and EDGE by mobigames is still out of the Iphone Apple service.

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2009, 04:24:39 AM »

I don't think anyone is really suggesting he's on the same scale as Hitler. You can't really request people stop exaggerating the situation by exaggerating your own objection to it.

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 05, 2009, 04:28:03 AM »

A simple "no" would've done it, too.
Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2009, 04:28:36 AM »

Oddball: I don't think he's a career criminal. I started working with someone like that; he would have his big office, where he would play the game, while we had to share small rooms with bad lighting and uncomfortable chairs. We were young and enthusiastic, so it did'nt matter much, we were providing the talent and know how, and he was providing the funding and contacts. Come Credit Roll day, he puts his name at the top, naturally, without actually working on the game. He was a nice guy though, but he would envision his achievements in a very advantageous light, to say the least.

Langdell looks to be the same. His relationship with the industry does'nt come from a love for the games, the craft, the art. He saw a good way to make a living, and as his career developed, he started creating his own myth. Now he's older, and looking back at his life, he wants to believe he's had an impact on the world. But this is the time of the internet, where fact checking and sharing takes a few seconds. Its like seeing a T-rex being taken down by a satellite laser beam.
shig
« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2009, 04:35:15 AM »

This whole guy's life is a bluff.

That's sort of admirable, in a weird way.

If you guys want to screw him over why don't we just write a summary of everything that is wrong with his career (or at least the worse stuff) and spread the word around?
E-mail all gaming-news related websites and post in every forum and imageboard with a relatively big gaming subforum.

I'd do it myself, but I'm neither very well informed about it nor am I a good writter.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: June 05, 2009, 05:07:33 AM »

Oddball: I don't think he's a career criminal. I started working with someone like that; he would have his big office, where he would play the game, while we had to share small rooms with bad lighting and uncomfortable chairs. We were young and enthusiastic, so it did'nt matter much, we were providing the talent and know how, and he was providing the funding and contacts. Come Credit Roll day, he puts his name at the top, naturally, without actually working on the game. He was a nice guy though, but he would envision his achievements in a very advantageous light, to say the least.

Langdell looks to be the same. His relationship with the industry does'nt come from a love for the games, the craft, the art. He saw a good way to make a living, and as his career developed, he started creating his own myth. Now he's older, and looking back at his life, he wants to believe he's had an impact on the world. But this is the time of the internet, where fact checking and sharing takes a few seconds. Its like seeing a T-rex being taken down by a satellite laser beam.

That may be the situation, but no one yet has stepped forward to say they have had amicable business dealings with him. Your experience seems to be very different from those who have dealt with Langdell. He has a record of bad relations leading back to the 80's. Yes he is inflating his own self worth, but he also wants all the money at the and as well.

Lurk
Super Artistic
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: June 05, 2009, 05:28:12 AM »

Oddball: Where I think he is similar to what I have experienced, is that he lives in his own mythology, he's defending his brand again'st the bullies (Mobigame) who would bar him from using it in europe. He's a founder of the industry who's not yet on wikipedia. Every thing he writes is about his legacy to the world. And to me, that's the sure sign of someone who's never actually, personally done anything.

Your work speaks for itself, but for these management type desk ornaments, they realize at some point, that they have been staring at their lives passing by, and want their mythos to be carved somewhere, to pass on the belief. I think what's happening right now is the worst thing he could envision, people are vandalizing his great obelisk, the legend is fading amidst the sound of raucous laughter.

He might be wanting the money, but at some point, money can't buy dignity.
woppin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2009, 05:41:47 AM »

Oddball: I don't think he's a career criminal.

But the man just wasn't letting go, and went out of his way to scare the shit out of them with threats of "millions of dollars" to pay in imminent lawsuits etc.

Sounds like extortion. Probably not legal? Probably a criminal?

Also hello, I've been lurking for a while.
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2009, 06:17:34 AM »

Let's all make a bunch of terrible Klik & Play games with "Edge" in the name. Tiger

Denvon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:39 AM »

Let's all make a bunch of terrible Klik & Play games with "Edge" in the name. Tiger

I think this is a superb idea.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #439 on: June 05, 2009, 08:50:32 AM »

only that dinosaurs usually doesn't want to sue the shit out of your indie software house

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 112
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic