Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:25:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioMusic composition in video games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Music composition in video games  (Read 1004 times)
b-vincent
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2018, 01:59:12 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am doing a survey to understand better what are the pain points in terms of music composition in video games, what are the game studios / developers' expectations in the future and how the industry could be improve: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NycMla5fhQd1fMbLy3c28alxCbhIYvkD6Fv9lqhxEJ0

I am mostly interested in learning if a product such as a music generator - directly or not integrated in game engine - would be relevant to the industry. The idea behind would be to offer the game developers / studios the ability to generate unlimited content of unique and high quality music fitting their games in order to enhance the player's immersion. As you might have already understood it, some AI is involved, working alongside with composers.

It is not a promotion of any kind, I am just interested in getting feedbacks from developers and studios (small medium and big).

The answers are completely confidential and no personal information will be published, or used for any other purpose.

Thanks for your time and help  Smiley

Vincent
SamLouix
Level 1

Solo Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 02:24:04 AM »

So what you're saying is you are interested in putting composers out of business?

Screamy It's already hard enough as it is. Please stop now!!!  Facepalm

← Avatar from my  Healing Process: Tokyo. 3 years in so far. Daily dev-log is here. I have advice for composers looking for work, join here, I'll tell you.
Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 10:50:47 AM »

chill man this guy isnt putting anyone out of business

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic