Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:05:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSHUMP - A Platformer blended with a Shoot 'em Up. NOW AVAILABLE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: SHUMP - A Platformer blended with a Shoot 'em Up. NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 15679 times)
AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 05:18:58 AM »

Hey Folks!

Here's a quick update; I've implemented all the enemies and put them in chronological order, given the spikes/traps a separate spawning system long with the bigger enemies. Currently there's 2 states:
- State 1: (Where the enemies that are supposed to spawn in the level are randomly selected from a list within a range (e.g. 0-2)
- State 2: (A random enemy is chosen from the full list of enemies (e.g. 0-18))

Here's a preview of that in action:

I'll likely be signing off for today (bank holiday and insanely warm inside, computer is wheezing), but stay tuned for my upcoming gifs breaking down the various enemies in game!

I'll also be looking at putting together a video playthrough or compilation of highlights so you can have a closer look at gameplay, so keep an eye out for that!

Main thing I've got to do in the coming days is get this version working on mobile, which may be a challenge with the Stencyl 3.5 Update!

l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 02:44:31 AM »

Hell yeah  Hand Metal Left
sinclairstrange
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 04:06:06 AM »

You know that I love this and you're wacky phone apps. However this really sings close to the heart with all the bullets and explosions.

Honestly though if you would really like some fancy looking pixels making up for it (in the same style) just gimmie a shout I'd be all for it Smiley

elosociu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 09:56:37 AM »

I love how it looks! Amazing, diverse enemies!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »

Hey Folks!

Got the arcade cabinet working and the game running smooth! Super happy with how the project is coming together, had a couple of days relaxing and getting other stuff done, so over the next week I'm going to get back into development!

Here's my to do list:
- Get a functional Mac Build under 3.5
- Get the rest of the UI implemented
- Get out a Testflight build
- Scale back the difficulty of the first boss
- Increase the gaps between the bosses
- Build the functionality of the notification screens
- Main title shoot-able after first jump (shoot to bits)
- Section titles (Once you kill a boss, it presents the name of the next section e.g. jungle)
- A variety of tiny refinements such as tweaking the spike colour for the first boss, updating the spiked enemy later level graphics and fading the UI as it goes off the side of the screen for windows builds.

I love how it looks! Amazing, diverse enemies!

Glad you're enjoying the project so far! Stay tuned for more soon and in particular those GIFs of the various enemy types!

You know that I love this and you're wacky phone apps. However this really sings close to the heart with all the bullets and explosions.

Honestly though if you would really like some fancy looking pixels making up for it (in the same style) just gimmie a shout I'd be all for it Smiley

Thanks for the kind words mate, I'm currently on the cusp of experimenting with level decoration, so I'll let you know if I get stumped! Your expertise on designing crazy multi-tier bullet hell bosses would be great to pick the brains of as well!

Hell yeah  Hand Metal Left

Bullet Hell yeah!

The project so far has shot past 1000 views, so just wanted to thank you all again, I appreciate all your comments and support. More soon!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 02:07:10 AM »

Hey Folks!

As promised, here's the first breakdown of the enemies in BABOOM!

But first, here's the terms I'll be breaking them down with:

Name: (Does what it says on the tin, some names are TBC and would LOOOOVE suggestions for names.)
Type: The two main types of enemy in the game, platform (climbing down the platforms) and float (not constrained by platforms)
Ability: (Features such as Bullet pattern/Defensive method/Jump pattern)
Description: Further details about the enemy!

Lil' Hoppers

Type: Platform
Ability: Attack in numbers
Description: I wanted a nippy enemy that could soak up bullets as part of a greater group and feel satisfying to shoot. A later design I implemented for this enemy that I feel gave it a lot of character was a subtle jump variable (That checked if the character was colliding with the ground and if so, give it a little hop. I implemented this into other enemies in the game and really added another layer of personality to the enemy type. It's also a non-projectile based character, since I didn't want to overwhelm the player (Unlike it's larger counterparts). The lil' hopper is what I would see as the first enemy you should face in the game; quick to kill, enough time to see their movement patterns without danger and adorable to look at.  

I think I'm going to aim to do one of these a day, so keep an eye out the next one soon! Keep in mind as well I will probs do general updates on the project, so stay tuned for those too!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:14:51 AM by AlexVsCoding » Logged

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 07:44:27 AM »

Got new death projectiles in! Currently working on shields.

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »

much easier to follow. keep at it Hand Thumbs Up Right

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 03:09:03 AM »

much easier to follow. keep at it Hand Thumbs Up Right

Thanks! It looks pretty shoddy in Gif format, I'll try and get a smoother video so you can properly see how it looks!

Got the stage titles implemented into the levels now that appear after bosses!

What you'll also notice is I've got a shield implemented for the player respawn after death. I wanted to make it explicitly clear that player was protected during this time, and a shield is an easy method of articulating that. Whether this will exist purely as a respawn protection or a pickup is yet to be seen!

Today I'll be predominantly working on implementing the UI, so keep out for visuals/updates for that! Also stay tuned for the daily enemy breakdown!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:19:59 AM by AlexVsCoding » Logged

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 06:31:52 AM »

Hey Folks!

Here's the UI fully implemented for the menu - Originally I was going to have the volume buttons replace the pause button (pause would fade and two new buttons would appear) but I realised I could handle it by reversing the buttons already on screen! This works even better with the remove ad function, with the restore purchase button being on the back of it.

I    L O V E    D E S I G N I N G    I N T E R F A C E S

That's me done for today! I'll post up the daily enemy type a little later, got some other projects to focus on first! Thanks again for your interest everybody and stay tuned for more soon!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 02:40:47 PM »

Smiley Divers

Type:
Float
Ability: Attack in numbers
Description: In a similar design to the Lil' Hoppers, Smiley Divers descend in large groups and force the player to move across the level to avoid their salvos of enemies.

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2018, 01:42:24 AM »

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 02:04:48 AM »

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »

Hey Folks!

It's nearly been a month since I updated this blog, I can assure you I've been working on the project very hard and there are a plethora of updates to show you, just been super hectic! More to come soon!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 04:47:12 AM »

Hey Folks!

As promised, here's the update on what I've been up to over the last month!

MAJOR CHANGES
+ Unlockable characters: After a while, I decided to increase replay ability, I'd add a variety of different player types to mix up gameplay with! I managed to twin this nicely with the bosses, so each boss killed became a playable character.

+ Currency system: Previously the score was just for the purposes of high-scores, but after watching a GMTK video on scores, it gave me some inspiration for what to do with it. This can either be used to purchase characters or...

+ Shop for power-ups: In this game, you can after each major boss access a shop where you can get power-ups.

+ Blast overhaul: After complaints that the enemy death particles looked too much like bullets, I changed them up to look like particles (and have them effected by the direction of the impacting bullet)

+ Boss upgrades/renovations: I overhauled several of the bullet patterns of the bosses, such as the bird that now has projectiles that require you to jump in sequences to avoid death!

+ Mid Tier enemies: fully integrated with bullet patterns that explode out of them

+ 2 types of explosive barrels: Scatter neutral bullets across the map (Harm you and the enemy)

+ Power-ups! You can now enter bullet time, have a bomb that kills everything on screen (And deals huge damage to bosses) or a x2 bullet rate for the player. This is also accompanied with armour (takes 3 hits to break) and the ability to get another heart back.

MINOR FIXES:
+ Players bullets are dulled during flight but illuminated on impact and creation (To create less noise during flight so the player can focus on the bullets in the middle of the screen more
- Enemy bullets now spin rapidly to make them look less rigid when moving (And make it less obvious the pixelated edges of them)
+ Locking the player respawn to the platform (rather than allowing them to respawn mid-air)
+ Adding player jump particle
+ Adjusting the platform gaps for enemies to fall down to look more like holes.
+ Player descriptions/prices written
+ Black flash added to explosions
+ Got shotgun enemy jumping between floors (Is pushed upwards by firing then lands on a platform one layer below from where they started)

(There's a lot more minor fixes that I assume you wouldn't be interested in seeing, let me know if that's not the case!)

STUFF TO DO:
+ Revise Health UI: At the moment, I have the hearts at the top occupying screen space, I am instead going to look at having bars down the side of the screen, in what is mostly just dead space. On one side, the health bar will be, on the other will be the combo meter.
- Big enemy explosion particle: Aka get the enemy boss explosions more satisfying
- Adjust the enemy spawn with update function: So that it can be adjusted on the fly rather than a rigid timer
- Bigger death animations for bosses: Had feedback saying the bosses aren't as responsive to being hit/indication of health
- Add extra level upgrades: At the moment, there are 10 upgrade levels, I'll be created an automated system which generates level upgrades infinitely (E.g Level 1 = 5000 points, Level 2 = 10,000, 3 = 15,000 etc)
- Add explosion lines: Shafts of light that emerge out of large explosions
+ Bullet flash when created: Whilst the player bullets have a flash when created, the enemy ones don't anymore. I need to get that re-integrated.
+ Experiment with shield colour: Current Shield is black, I'll experiement with different colours.
- Fire based bullets (have bullets that stick and smoulder for a while (acid option too)
- Background colour for player bullets? A subtler colour adding extra texture to the bullets and impact points.
+ Re-adjust button order: Had several players suggest putting the left and right buttons either side with jump in the middle; I'll be experimenting with that format and likely giving players the ability to configure button arrangements.
- Exclamation mark for bosses: The first boss has a little exclamation mark appear before it comes crashing down; I'll be doing that for each boss to give players a moment to prepare.
+ Look at implementing the bleed effect the snake has: There's a weird glitch where before the snake boss dies, it starts to bleed white particles. It was a total accident but it looks super cool and lets you know you're about to kill the boss. I want to integrate that into each of them.
- Look at tracking kills per life/distance covered: With this, I'm talking about using in game metrics to change the gameplay and enemy spawning. At the moment, it's just a very basic difficulty curve (Higher rate of spawn as levels increase), but it doesn't factor in things like if the player is powering through the level, where they are on the screen or how many kills they've done. Using these metrics to increase the likelihood of events would be good. For example, if the player absolutely mows through a bunch of enemies, I want to have a tally that says if the kill threshold reaches a certain point, spawn harder enemies which can soak up more bullets.
+ Implement combo meter: This is a big one, I've played a lot of different platformers and schmups and this seems to be a running trend between them.
- Cross promo elements: Getting a banner for my other games in the intro would be nice for cross promotional purposes.
- Combo bleed: Making a mode unlocked when game is completed where health depletes if your combo stops
+ Pause combo from bosses/shop: Since the combo meter will be most likely tracked with kills, I'll be disabling them for the bosses. If I decide to make it hits, this obviously won't be an issue.
+ Give players personal names: At the moment, I've just opted for the animal names, but after playing Nuclear Throne I think there's a bit more of a personal touch if you give them their own special names (Rather than just Vole or Walrus, something like Voletair and Wally).
- Scripted enemy sequences to add extra bosses per zone (One flying and one land): These would be sequences where the platforms would stop spawning and you'd have to survive an onslaught from a certain enemy type, be that dive bombers coming down from the top. I feel like this will create some similar experiences to traditional schmups. This would add a lot more variety to combat and add another chunk of content to each level. I also have the option of both floating enemies and platforms.
- In general, look at adding specific spawn patterns: At the moment, enemy spawning patterns are completely random, so I'd look at creating certain tactical shapes or patterns, such as flying V formations or enemies marching down the platforms in line after one another rather than random. Should add a bit more predictability to combat than the general current noise of play.
+ Limited range for a player frog comes to mind: Since the frog player has double jump, having them have half the range and a slightly faster shoot rate.
+ Shield drops too quickly: Issue where when respawning, the bubble shield disappears too early.
+ Shorten snake tail: Whilst I really like the snake players tail, it's too long and after the 2nd level, it makes it impossible to dodge bullets.
- Research artillery bullets to see how they function: In a previous game I worked on, I had some really nice artillery enemies that I designed. I have since forgotten the logic for arching bullets.
+ Have a random variable to dictate whether an enemy directly targets you or not: This one will be integrated in the higher tier enemies I'm planning to implement in the game: There will be robot equivalents of each of the enemy types which will be more dangerous to deal with. Unlike their basic counterparts thatw will fire randomly, these enemies will directly target you.
- x2 Speed but any enemy that gets past reduces health: This would be another potential alternate mode, in which you have a perk at the tradeoff of not being able to let any enemy get past you.
+ Rising tide to stop grinding: At the moment, you can just chill on a platform forever and just grind a high score, I plan to enforce a mininum speed with a rising tide that kills you if you linger around for too long.
x Could even just have it slow player down: Considered this for a while but would just make the game more frustrating (If you died because you couldn't move fast enough).
x Smaller stats screen text for game over: There's more stats I want to keep track of, so may resize the stats text (So you can store stuff like best combo, kills)
x Potentially resize menu buttons? Currently, I have very large menu buttons which I personally like for being large and chunky, but they take up a lot of screen real estate. May look at having the sizes of them.
- Implement the final level! This is a big one; this'll be a level filled with the harder enemies you've experienced earlier on in the game and two additional robot bosses. This will be the finale of the game, I've already started designing the multi-tier boss.

+ Unify menu/game UI: At the moment, they have different aesthetic designs to them, so I'll be looking at (Most likely) bringing the in game buttons in line with the rest of the menu.
+ Timer for speedrunners: This is a nice and simple one, creating a toggleable timer like with Narcissus for people trying speed runs. Would love to garner a speed running audience.
+ Character in shop (Make options speech bubbles): Rather than just a floating display in the shop, have a giant shopkeeper who tells you what items are for sale.
+ Symmetrical death particles? It's probably the wrong phrase to describe this, but I mean different concentric shapes for particle explosions.
+ Particles on player select: Some kind of delicious particle indicator when you choose/buy a player
- More meaty initial explosion (Lines/Particles)
+ Markers for entering the shop: A more clear divider to going from the general gameplay to the shop.
- Particles for getting powerup? Extra visual stimuli for getting powerups.
+ Title text disappears when passed: Just a subtle change that saves the letters just hanging around on screen and getting in the way.

Right! That's all for now, thanks for giving this a read, stay tuned for more soon, going to try and get back up to speed with posting on here as it's a great way to keep track of progress. If you want the backlog of the stuff I've been doing in the interim, my Twitter has plenty of content on there from the last few weeks!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:00:29 PM by AlexVsCoding » Logged

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 11:39:50 AM »

hey man looking good, you've accomplished quite a bit since the last update. i like how you've implemented the shop system and the unlockable characters will be good for players to work towards. particles looking nice and clear too. keep at it

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2018, 06:08:39 AM »

Hey Folks!

Can't believe it's already been a couple of weeks since my last post, so much for daily updates! I think for the purposes of not letting you down, I'm going to settle in the middle and for now aim for a weekly update, much easier to quantify changes and gives me opportunity to reflect on work over the week.

Here's the major changes I've made since my last update. I won't be listing them all, if you want to see what's been improved, you can see my improvement lists and whether they have a - or + next to them. "-" means still waiting to be implemented, "+" means it's been implemeneted in some way or another. "x" means the feature has been scrapped.

+ New UI integrated: Have the side bars fully functional now, although there are still many changes I wish to make to them, for example, shortening the bars to make it easier to read for the player (and closer to the buttons/player).
- Combo meter integrated: Killing and hitting enemies now fills a combo bar at the side of the screen, which boosts the number of points you make and also gives you a projectile blast (x6 combo, you're getting a spray of 6 bullets). This feature is definitely still in the experimental stages, with some major changes on the horizon.

+ Robots! There are a more powerful equivalent of every enemy in the game in robot format. These add a bit more variation in enemies, each a twist on their counterparts. These improvements vary from movement speed, health buff, directly targeting the player or more projectiles being shot. They become more present as the game goes along.

+ Spacing: It's a basic thing, but adding breathing time between stuff happening in the game, such as when the player dies not immediately throwing up the UI, but allowing the player particles to fade away first.

+ Ad voucher system: I've fully integrated a system which will skip every 3rd advert and give the player a gift. This is part of an effort on my part to give my thanks to the player for putting up with ads. It works as a punchcard system where the bullets punch through a card to after every second failed run (after an ad shows).

+ New spawn system integrated: Similar to the risk of rain spawning system, I have a max tally of enemies that can be spawned at a particular time worth certain points. This was to stop the often unstoppable deluge of enemy types on early levels that felt extremely unfair. This new spawn system has also undergone a very recent change in how it replenishes: The original tally system replenished every second (timer based), but this meant players if they were quick power their way up the level without dealing with enemies. Instead, I've linked the tally to the number of platforms you clear in one go. So, if you jump up 10 platforms, you're going to have 10 points to be spent on enemies (which could mean 10 small enemies or 2 giant enemies), whilst if you just clear a couple of platforms that number will be easier to deal with. I like the idea of the tradeoff between more experienced players rushing through the level whilst new players edging their way up. There's some major experiments I'll be doing in this next batch of improvements that will play on this further. In the gif above, you can see as I leap up a swath of the level, I'm confronted with a shell enemy, an enemy I'd usually see on level 4 but because of my decision to jump up the level it brings those more dangerous enemies closer.

+ Rising tide: In the last few builds, I had a rising tide, but it's barely present in the game since the players often power away from it at stupid speeds (whilst it only moves upward in a constant speed). I've now anchored it to the camera, just off screen and when the player remains on a platform for too long, it starts to creep up. If the player jumps up even one floor, it receeds, but will rise again if they linger there too long. It adds an extra layer of urgency and keeps the player pushing upwards.

+ UI unified/expanded: In game buttons now match the rest of the game, and the settings menu now has the ability to switch the position of the controls to 3 formats (LEFT RIGHT UP/LEFT UP RIGHT/UP LEFT RIGHT). There's also a speedrun timer in.

+ Shopkeeper! The sop now has a cute shopkeeper that gives you the prices for items in speech bubble format and a giant pair of hands to direct you. There's a bunch of changes I'm hoping to add to improve the experience, such as putting a barrier infront of the middle channel so you have to pass the other items in the shop, stuff you'll hopefully see I've implemented in the next week!

+ Progress tracker: I now have a "map" on the pause menu, where you can see how far off you are from certain bosses. Already been fun to see people pausing the game to check it mid-play.

Here's what I've got left to fix:

TO DO
FIXES
- Stop enemy tally in shop
+ Make combo more sensitive
+ Shop offer health always if you have reduced health
- Limiter for spawn including dive bomber
+ Nerf the spikes (and make that the robot standard)
+ Snake boss death particle is a cheap kill of the player, look at cutting it out
- Fix spiked enemy spawn code (Set maximum spawn, might not be relevant with the addition of rising tide)
- Have the combo affect the barrels?
+ Disable boss projectiles on death
- More satisfying and optimised boss explosions?
+ Speed up ad skip bullet puncture function
+ Seal have a bullet foam trail
- Level up shows in notifications for ads
+ Higher tier bullets are still broken
- Kill enemy fall mid-tier death projectiles upon entering the boss (when the player enters the boss)

IMPROVEMENTS
+ Refine Item Art
- Smaller, cheaper armour upgrades
+ Potentially look at custom gravity for artillery/divers?
+ Give the boss a life bar
- Potentially look at a tiny mid-level shop (After each boss)
- Reward ads on shops?
x Temperature Meter for Game, which measures how far you’ve climbed and how the enemies will react (you climb 10 blocks, you’re getting pretty warm). Have the temperature correlating to multipliers.
+ Powerup saved between plays (And watch ad/use points to keep them)
- Warning for water rising?
- Tint screen red on death (With white bomb explosion at the end?)
- Unlock announcement needs to be clearer (Character unlock)
- Shielded area in the shop (Stop you getting shot on the exit)
- Shop doorbell/jingle sound when you enter/exit
+ Blow up letters based on which gets hit first?
+ Shop section you have to walk around to enter shop (To stop you powering through)
- Rising spikes instead of water?
- Different blue for LV1 projectiles?
- Walk particle (dust)
- Powerup disappear after time?
- Throw more powerups in at start to draw player in
+ Revise colouring of walls
x Low opacity for unaffordable items?
+ Last death marker
+ List all player types, even if locked (give explanation of how to unlock them).
- Flow mechanics to platforms (alter difficulty over games)
- Tell you when you beat your high score
- Powerup particles?
- Flash up pause symbol
- Disable ads symbol on main menu pop down from top (Along with settings menu)
- Sound implementation
- Make shop purchase barriers clearer that they can be interacted with (That they're something to push?) Possibly have the entrances open?
+ Potentially redesign barrels?
- Push "enemy tells" more, make them clearer before they attack
+ Experiment with bubble shield designs
+ Revise the UI?
- Optimise again

MAYBE PILE
- Environmental Factors?
- Exclaimation mark instead over player? (Easier to read)
x Buttons instead of jumping for shop?
x Maybe a bonus for blowing up all letters?
x BG flash when boss killed
- Re-design spread shot enemy?
- Have a breakable barrier (That jumping into/shooting breaks?)
x If you make the change to putting it along the top, make the health bar thicker
- Text prompts for powerups?
- Water splash upon death? (Dependant on whether it remains as water rather than spikes)
- iAP to buy points? (Purchasing any will disable ads)
- Maybe have iAP be x2 points for 24 hours instead, so still requiring player effort to get value from?
- Do I make the points visualised rather than abstract
- x1 should fill upon killing one enemy (Scales are off for combos)
- Switch out the word combo for power?
- Display points of kills
- Tutorial?

GENERAL FEEDBACK
- Look at Shellraiser and Hammerwatch
- Game is definitely harder
- First gun hard to get a combo with
- Spikes are disliked by a lot of people
- How to pause not clear
- Red powerup looks hazardous

LONG TERM
- Definitely investigate collectibles
- Pre-games shop but stops high score (Include disclaimer)
- Level warp available after a world is completed (for points)
- Build a shop to allow you to start w/ powerups and warps
- Potentially look at health refill mechanic, crucial thing is making it blatantly clear that this state is for refilling your health.
- Price of warp decrease with every kill of each boss?
- Give Chameleon inverted controls
- Beam for crush boss on the second round
- Beam explosion powerup? (Cheaper with less coverage)
- Storyboard game ending
- Make the final boss be the UI
- Daily challenges?

More next week (Or sooner!), thanks for giving this a read!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:39:06 PM by AlexVsCoding » Logged

flex$
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2018, 06:54:51 PM »

i like that ad voucher system quite a bit, new shopkeeper looks slick too my g. wax on wax off, the polish will pay off on this one.

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2018, 05:36:42 PM »

Hey Folks! Just thought I'd drop a quick update mid-week to give some good news! I've managed to figure out where I want to take the combo meter! Instead of keeping it as a combo meter, I'm instead making it a power that's linked to jumping! So, if you jump up a bunch of floors, you'll get a power boost, but to maintain that power level you'll need to keep moving upwards/shooting big enemies! Creates a neat dynamic, in particular in boss battles where you're trying to squeeze in extra jumps to launch more salvos at the bosses!

More hopefully soon!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic