Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:10:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSHUMP - A Platformer blended with a Shoot 'em Up. NOW AVAILABLE!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: SHUMP - A Platformer blended with a Shoot 'em Up. NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 15696 times)
AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2018, 03:30:03 PM »

Hey Folks! Some good news!

The game has now been officially submitted to Apple for review!

Extremely pleased the game is finally done, should hopefully have the pre-order up in the next week or so, along with the launch date!

Keep an eye out for more updates on the thread, I plan to do a post-mortem of the project, post up various footage of gameplay as the weeks close in and most importantly, lay out the path for the project ahead (Ports/fixes/new content).

Thanks again for following me on this project up till this point, the feedback I've received on here has invaluable!

As for the next day or so, there's only one thing I want to do...

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »

Hey Folks!

Just done the announcement that SHUMP will be coming to iOS on the 25th of October! You can pre-order the game on iOS now, check out the trailer whilst you're at it!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2018, 07:23:49 AM »

Hey Folks!

Quick update on things:

SHUMP got a US number 3 pre-order feature! Is hopefully a good sign that the game on Apple's radar!  

I'm currently working on the second playthrough of SHUMP, basically once you've beaten the game you'll be presented with two pillows: End run and continue playing. If you choose to continue, you'll have the cannon re-attached to your head and you'll start from the bottom again, this time with your powerups/score/shields retained (Lives will be filled to max as a reward) BUT you'll be up against enemies with +1 health and different variations on the bosses. Here are some examples below!

CHIPMUNK: Spray shot like before but with artillery missiles. (This one is very WIP)

VOLE: Landing stomp now fires out a beam, killing the player if on the ground.

SNAKE: Bullets generated from hitting stuff carries all the way up the sides AND launches bullets down from the ceiling.

FISH: Extra bubble launched on screen and a faster firing schedule! (Currently have 3 instead of 4 in the GIF, cool to visualise it though!)

It's been ace coming back through and fleshing out this new content, surprisingly quick to complete (2 days to get all the minibosses, enemies and one of the main bosses done) and should theoretically double the content of the game!

Here's what I've got to do:

+ Vole miniboss updated with landing beam
+ Snake miniboss updated with extra bullets
+ Bat miniboss updated with faster firing rates
+ Fish miniboss updated with more bubbles
+ Hog miniboss updated with more beam barrels
+ Robot miniboss updated with bouncing beam
+ Modifier put in, adding +1 health to enemies and +1 coin drop
+ Roughly implemented the reset cushion
+ Chipmunk graphically implemented
+ First pass designs of larger bosses done
+ Frame logic reworked (So that I can have multiple variations of animation for them e.g. hurt, shooting, dying).
- Finish integrating chipmunk
- Integrate chameleon Boss
- Integrate Ant Boss
- Integrate Shell Boss
- Integrate (Undecided Boss)
- Integrate Final Boss
- Decide on aesthetic changes to differentiate between the harder playthrough and old one
- Design the new characters (That are unlocked from beating the new bosses)
- Getting an update on Corporate Salmon (To push cross promo to SHUMP!)

I'm yet to decide when I'm going to release this content, whether I'd schedule it in a Christmas update or try and push myself to get it out for release, I'll keep you in the loop as things go along!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2018, 07:48:42 AM »

Hey Folks!

Just a quick update on something I'm working on - The cross promo for Corporate Salmon!

I've taken a little break from SHUMP for today, and in the wake of 50k downloads coming through for Corporate Salmon figured it was about time for an update (HAVEN'T DONE ONE SINCE LAUNCH WHOOPS).

Main thing I'm looking into doing is adding a similar cross promo banner to that of SHUMP, a popup that shows before you open the game which informs the player of the upcoming release. I'm hoping to get this out before the interest in the game dies down again, as getting even half of those to pre-order would be really useful!

Here's the draft visualisation I've done for it:

Interestingly, despite it being a draft version I'm actually quite fond of the look and colours, so may be investigating updating the game palette post launch!

More soon!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2018, 11:22:58 AM »

Hey Folks!

Here's the updated promo gif!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2018, 08:23:22 AM »

Hey Folks! Just as a heads up, SHUMP has been released, might take a couple more hours to go live on the store though (Which I'll update in here if so). Hope you enjoy it!

A retweet of this would be greatly appreciated!

https://twitter.com/alexvscoding/status/1055129964075454465

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2018, 12:11:25 AM »

Hey Folks! I can confirm that SHUMP is now live, grab it for iOS now!

As for this forum thread, I'll still be updating it going forward as I implement fixes, plan the DLC and do ports to various platforms! Stay tuned for more soon!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic