Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:28:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesHow to insert Youtube video or iframe of soundcloud?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to insert Youtube video or iframe of soundcloud?  (Read 9191 times)
Narehop
Level 0

@GoldenScythe2

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2018, 05:03:42 AM »

I tried to insert a YouTube video but I do not get it... I have looked at the help but I have not found how to do it. Someone could tell me how to do it? On the other hand I would like to also insert an "IFRAME" with a playlist of SoundCloud. Is this possible?
Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »

As to SoundCloud, I don't know, I'm afraid.

However, as to YouTube, I believe that you just paste the URL of the video--the full URL, not a shortened version--into a post, and the forum software should embed it for you. Like this:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<SOME VIDEO ID HERE>

In Firefox (I don't know about other browsers; try it!) you should be able to get this URL by going to your channel, finding the relevant video, right-clicking on it, and selecting "Copy Link Location".

If you're watching the video, simply copy the URL in the address bar (removing any additional commands, like a time-offset). Note that, while you can get a video URL from a video that is playing by right clicking in the viewing area and selecting "Copy video URL", this seems to give a shortened URL, which may or may not work (I don't know, myself).

Narehop
Level 0

@GoldenScythe2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »

As to SoundCloud, I don't know, I'm afraid.

However, as to YouTube, I believe that you just paste the URL of the video--the full URL, not a shortened version--into a post, and the forum software should embed it for you. Like this:

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<SOME VIDEO ID HERE>

In Firefox (I don't know about other browsers; try it!) you should be able to get this URL by going to your channel, finding the relevant video, right-clicking on it, and selecting "Copy Link Location".

If you're watching the video, simply copy the URL in the address bar (removing any additional commands, like a time-offset). Note that, while you can get a video URL from a video that is playing by right clicking in the viewing area and selecting "Copy video URL", this seems to give a shortened URL, which may or may not work (I don't know, myself).

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 09:37:35 AM »

Yeah, sorry about embedding being kinda weird. It was done by someone else and we don't have the power to change how it works currently.

Narehop
Level 0

@GoldenScythe2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 01:53:13 AM »

Yeah, sorry about embedding being kinda weird. It was done by someone else and we don't have the power to change how it works currently.

No problem! Maybe you want to write how to embed YT videos on the Help section to help a future members ^^
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic