Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:51:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat are your favorite plugins?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: What are your favorite plugins?  (Read 8399 times)
phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »

Hello everyone!

New to the forum, I'm mostly focused on the scoring side of video games. For that reason, I was wondering what are some of your preferred and/or favorite plugins?

Personally, I have to go with some of the favorites like Soundtoys Decapitator and Echoboy. Also, I've been really digging the FabFilter Saturn plugin a lot.

ashtonmorris
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 05:59:22 AM »

I also use Dicapitator a lot. I put FabFilter ProL and ProQ2 on everything as well as Valhalla Room reverb.

Ashton Morris - Composer & Sound Designer

Roah * Bomblsinger * Goliath * Wings of Vi * Lemma * Bit Heroes * Star Command Galaxies

http://www.ashtonmorris.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ashtonmorris
phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »

Valhalla is great, I also use that one on a ton of tracks.

I've just acquired the FabFilter plugins, and I was thinking of making the switch over to the ProQ from the standard Ableton EQ.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:03:34 PM by phantaminum » Logged

zminusone
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 06:40:30 PM »

FabFilter total bundle is the best money I've ever spent.

Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 06:36:10 AM »

picked up decapitator (& rest of soundtoys 5) cuz of this thread, really digging this & crystallizer

phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with Soundtoys. I love all of these plugins, I'll sometimes use the Echoboy to space out the sound.

Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:07 PM »

for sure! ive been using echoboy & decapitator all over the place for years so i figured itd be worth it for the rest

this is the tune i did with decapitator & crystallizer btw, for a friend's shortfilm. i needed a dirty beat & those helped amazingly for that https://soundcloud.com/audiosprite/drip

phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 07:14:48 AM »

Woah this is very cool; good stuff! Love the groove of the piece.

The guitar (I'm assuming it's a guitar, correct me if wrong), was it recorded in? Also, what did you throw the Crystallizer on?

I think it would be really cool if you expanded on this as well! Maybe add in another section?

Audiosprite
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 12:41:45 PM »

Woah this is very cool; good stuff! Love the groove of the piece.

The guitar (I'm assuming it's a guitar, correct me if wrong), was it recorded in? Also, what did you throw the Crystallizer on?

I think it would be really cool if you expanded on this as well! Maybe add in another section?

thanks dude! glad you dig it!

it is indeed a guitar, & yeah it was recorded in that way. that was wah -> whammy (so yes using both feet) -> trem -> delay

crystallizer was used on the kick drums bus (the beat is all kick drums driven thru decapitator). it gets automated into the kinda noise texture you hear towards the end. it's more obvious with headphones than speakers i'd say

and yea i should do this ! it was a v fun thing to work on

phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 01:44:03 PM »

I was going to say it sounded like it was on the kick.

Yeah, I love adding soundtoys to the guitar; I'll frequently use decapitator when recording guitar into the console. Love some of the distorted tones you can get with that.

PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »

Speaking as a junkie for dated sounds, I have grown to deeply enjoy the recent RolandCloud developments, particularly the recreations of JV-era sample-based sounds. Sadly, I haven’t found the ideal pre-made lo-do sampler, so one of my frequently used VST’s is also self-programmed. Tongue I do use Kontakt for quick sample loading, though, and I’m also a heavy user of VProm.

As for more modern sounds, I frequently go to EWQLSO when I need a more convincing orchestral sound, as well as Omnisphere for light electronic sound design.

Python Blue - composer for NeonXSZ
Official Website
Bandcamp
phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 09:14:42 AM »

I really do enjoy the Soundscapes that Omnisphere has, but a lot of their sounds are way too intense for me to use. Cheesy

ozoner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 10:07:03 PM »

I love Echoboy! I just end up putting it everywhere, it's really good for widening the leads and stuff.

phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »

Agreed! Echoboy is a killer plugin

phantaminum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »

Use that one almost exclusively, unless I'm recording guitar-based music which I'll commonly switch over to Altiverb

Dre Reid
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »

Komplete select.
L-ONE-X
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 02:12:27 AM »

Anything from Soundiron. What a company! Holy Ambience in particular is amazing, it's this weird Silent Hill sounding synth.
Did a few silent hill inspired tracks with it, take a listen:

Original Track Inspired By Silent Hill 3 - From The Other Side Of The Mirror - L1X

Original Track Inspired By Silent Hill - Streets Of Silence - L1X

Dre Reid
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 07:27:13 PM »

I like the korg synths.
Damarus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 08:49:04 AM »

Came by to say Valhalla Delay just came out recently and it is the only delay plugin you will use by far. I only a lot of great delays and this is just too good.

Here is Valhalla Delay on some piano chords.. There's only delay, splash a reverb and some EQ..

https://soundcloud.com/seanpru/era-past

- Sean Pruitt -
-= Music Composer =-
megatallica
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 07:15:03 AM »

I've been on a huge kick of the Arturia 5 stage collection. Loving the electric pianos.

You can read more about them here:

https://keyboardkraze.com/best-electric-piano-vsts/
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic