Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:01:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat are your favorite plugins?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What are your favorite plugins?  (Read 8374 times)
elliotpeterson
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 12:54:36 PM »

I CANNOT stress how awesome Soundtoys 5 is. I bought the full version last year and I'd venture to guess that one or two plugins have made it on to each session I've done since buying.

The Decapitator, Little AlterBoy, and Devil-Loc are my three current favorites. Effect Rack is also great for getting quick effects from the preset menu that sound great.

https://drummingreview.com/soundtoys-review/

Aside from S5, I've been using Slate's Virtual Mix Rack as well as a slew of plugins from Waves and UAD. I have an Apollo Twin that came bundled with some plugins from UAD like the Neve 1073 channel strip. They do take a lot of DSP, so I don't use them too often, mainly just for tracking.
Groovemachine
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 03:02:03 AM »

If you talking generators Im heavily into the korg modeling stuff. I use a lot as I love to use different ones but my go to plugins are, gladiator, nexus, Phutura, legacy cell, edirol orchestra and absynth. Guitar modeling is bias 2 hands down and I use a bass plugin called modo bass. As for mixing its waves and T-racks. The cla compressors are amazing and I always throw on the Cla guitar stereo onto my orchestral instruments as it always automatically stands out in the mix.

Cool  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 06:19:39 AM by Groovemachine » Logged
laneyman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2020, 04:08:11 AM »

I like the korg synths.

I 2nd this - the Korg synths have always sounded spectacular, and easy to use. I have hardware versions of a couple including Triton and the Polysix.
Swyka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »

My favorite is definitely chrystallizer!
Benmode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »

Haha I too use loads of that soundtoys and valhalla stuff on near enough everything.
What have you guys found useful in the fabfilter EQs that you can't do in your DAW's stock EQs?
I have quite a few now (but not fabfilter yet), but find myself using the stock stuff still 95% of the time.

Despite loving soundtoys though, my favourite plugin I've bought in recent years is op-x pro-ii. It's an Oberheim clone that has basically completely taken over whenever I need 80s synthy stuff!
Ford Audio Design
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2020, 07:20:43 AM »

Seeing a lot of love for soundtoys here! Never given them a go but they're on my radar for sure now!

The two plug-ins I use on absolutely everything are on the mastering side of things.

Izotope Ozone is just a beast when it comes to making your audio sound 'finished' and it's handy to have so many parts of the mastering chain all in one place.

And PSP Vintage warmer 2 goes on last and just makes everything sound lush, and despite the name is suited to more than just vintage sounds! It's also great on individual tracks for adding some saturation too, sounds fantastic on drums.  Can't recommend this one enough  Beer!

UK Based musician/sound designer. Music Demo Reel | SFX Demo Reel
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic