Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:15:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessIn what social network my game recieve more views?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: In what social network my game recieve more views?  (Read 1027 times)
Lifesoft
Level 0

Make your dreams come true

View Profile WWW
« on: April 28, 2018, 03:08:12 PM »

I mean, i what social network i should advertise my game? facebook? twitter? youtube? other?
Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:39:02 PM »

Do 'em all if you have time!

If not... I'd say Twitter
Shyk62
Level 0

Hey Guys, Not a Dev Here :D

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 11:51:47 PM »

Hey guys xD so I have actually did some R&D for social media. I used 3 social media platforms for our game as of the moment. Though it didn't click very well and that is because

1. No Social Media platform is the same.
2. You need to plan your social media platforms separately and not have a 1 magic bullet for all of them
3. You cannot expect to post stuff and be an instant hit. You still gotta build a following and that takes time.
4. The audience of every social media is different and they like different things

Facebook
Engaged by friends and local community because of the nature of this platform. It is easier to bring in a local community of gamers simply because facebook mirrors the current activity of the place you are in. You gotta meet up with people hosting events, meet ups, groups and anything of the like. Physical presence combined with facebook can be very powerful. That means you have a potential of having local testers, customers and people you actually know who can support you in your game.

Twitter
Twitter is more fond of jokes and lighthearted content. Mostly developers, gamers, and streamers are here in twitter. You can try to engage people here via game recommendations or liking and retweeting stuff. Though to be quite honest with you i have been using twitter for business for like 2 months now and I have to say I do not understand it. Twitter's main way of determining your best post would be the amount of views your post has and not the amount of engagement. My suggestion would be to do some more research on this as I do not have a clear understanding with this platform

I do think however it is about making eye catching content that tells a story about your game. You have less than a second to grab someones attention and 5 seconds to tell a story for every post you make. It is also recommended according to traditional marketing to post every hour on twitter with around 12 posts a day. These posts may be anything from Original Content and Shared Content

Instagram
Instagram is about art style and polished art
Its a social media that loves art and visual stories. It would be best to tell a micro story with your art. I have seen some games here that has good engagement and it is actually alot on showing the visual appeal of your game and showing off all the cool fan art made by your fans (Which takes time to build)

Uncharted Territory

Tumblr
I have not used Tumblr at all, and would love to experiment on it. There is one developer that is successful in using tumblr and she uses it as a devlog. It is absolute genius check her out. https://astro-kat.tumblr.com/

The reason for it being . . . her Devlog appeals to a lot of the artists and gamers in the platform. The audience clicks and she uses it to funnel people into her patreon. Take note of the way she talks, the art style and colors. It is direct and on point with her audience.

For your game though try to maybe just see if you can build a community on tumblr. I have no experience here so it would be good to do your own research about this platform if you are planning to use it.

I hope this helps :D Thanks for reading :3 and Happy Marketing

vikepic
Level 0

Rendering dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 11:58:27 PM »

@Shyk62, very useful insight!

Shyk62
Level 0

Hey Guys, Not a Dev Here :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »

@Shyk62, very useful insight!

Thank you very much. TBH I am still learning but if anyone can learn from what I already learned or gain an insight. I'm happy to help :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic