Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:40:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsBIG: The Berlin Indie Game Jam
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: BIG: The Berlin Indie Game Jam  (Read 64339 times)
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 04:03:48 PM »

GERMANY?

YESSSSSSSSSSS

I will try to make this. I have been to Berlin once, so this shouldnt be too difficult, and goddamn I need to TIGJam real hard  Screamy Screamy Screamy Screamy
Corpus
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 02:16:20 AM »

It's looking like whichever way I go, I'll be spending the night in bus stops, train stations or airports on the journey Tired
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 02:21:23 AM »

Hnnnngh.

I think I will buy a ticket today and try everything I humanly possible can to get there.

How many of you planned to stay there for a few days after the event? I wouldn't mind trekking about the city with a few of you guys and it'd help to know if I just need a long weekend off or a whole week.
increpare
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 09:54:25 AM »

I just booked flights Smiley  It was...not cheap. 

Thu 30 Jul -> Tue 4 Aug

So.  Accommodation.  Hmmm.  Sharing in a hostel with other people is optimal.  A matter of finding a room, I guess.

(Also haven't purchased one of the 5 euro tickets yet either, but that's not as urgent a thing).
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 02:46:19 PM »

Just sorted out my flight as well. Still need to sort out accommodation...

Corpus
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2009, 03:18:54 PM »

Jsticker has reserved an 8-bed room at the hostel just to be on the safe side since it was the only one left, though there are other 4/5-bed rooms. You guys were the first ones to say you wanted to go for an 8-bed room, so you have places in that one if you want them. I'd be up for sharing it, too, if that's okay with you (I wouldn't be offended if it weren't).

Also, we're waiting to hear from the guy who owns the café at the minute, so when he calls, jsticker is going to ask about other hostels in the area.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 04:10:56 PM »

Sounds good to me Smiley Dock said he was up for it too on Twitter [edit: or maybe it was this thread, doh].

(which nights is that for? I'll be there from thursday till tuesday)

Jrsquee
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 06:11:42 PM »

I hope to go to this.  It depends on things:  I can't really justify only going for a weekend or whatever, so I need to see how much it'll cost to stay abroad for a while (10 - 14 days?). I can make it to BIG almost for sure, but it's staying for longer that might be an issue.  Also: at BIG, if there's space, I'd like to share in an 8-bed room as well. No big deal if that doesn't work.
Corpus
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 12:19:25 AM »

Have you thought about couchsurfing in Berlin, Jrsquee? After BIG, I mean Smiley

I'm not sure what dates Robert reserved the room for, exactly, so I'll try to get him on here. I've been looking at flights back on the Wednesday morning, though, so it's looking like I'll be there for the same period.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:22:57 AM by Corpus » Logged
increpare
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »

8-bed? excellent.  any word on the price of it?
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »

It's still a bit shaky, but I'll try to free the weekend and attend. Could you please inform me as well if tickets are getting rare? Thanks Smiley
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2009, 10:29:41 AM »

Room is reserved from friday till monday, exactly the time the BIGJam lasts. Costs are 19 euro a night for the 8-bed room (and for everyone who sleeps in it), other prices can be seen here. I'll try to find some other recommendable hostels in the immediate area though.
I guess it's best to have a "first come, first serve" kind of thing for this 8 bed room, since I don't know of another civilized and fair way to do it without potentially stepping on someone's toes. It's open for debate though, if you got a better idea/cleared this with others already. Smiley

Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2009, 10:50:28 AM »

Hello! I haven't really been around the forums much recently, but you remember me, right? I'm currently waiting on the delivery of a swanky new laptop, so I'm as up for this as I was before. My one problem is that I won't be able to make it on the 31st; we deliver on the last day of the month, so I'm going to be needed at work. I can fly out early on Saturday morning and back on Monday, however, so if there's no problem with me missing the first day of the jam, I'll start pricing flights. With regards to accommodation, I'd be happy to share a dorm at the nearby hostel if there are places, too.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2009, 12:23:20 PM »

No problem at all!

increpare
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 01:21:34 PM »

so who should pay who/when/where about this 8-bed dorm?
jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 01:42:23 PM »

I reserved the room on my name, but I just kind of "blocked" it so that it's reserved for us. When you arrive, you check in as usual and pay on your own, just as you would without any reservation.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:15:38 PM by jstckr » Logged

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 03:12:52 PM »

Room is reserved from friday till monday, exactly the time the BIGJam lasts.

Yikes! Ok, gonna have to do something different myself then, I'm there Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday night Sad

Corpus
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 03:34:25 PM »

I think I'm staying Monday and Tuesday night. Those of us who're staying a little longer could just arrange another room for the days not covered by the 8-bed.

You could always stay in the 8-bed room for the Friday-Monday.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 03:40:04 PM »

Yeah, it should be easy enough to find somewhere random to stay on Thursday night, I guess Smiley

Room is reserved from friday till monday

Just checking, does that include monday night?

C418
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 05:38:02 PM »

Yeah, it's cool you already reserved a room, but I want to stay a bit longer too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic