Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:54:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsSteam Curator marketing service
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Steam Curator marketing service  (Read 953 times)
myindiewishlist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:54:34 PM »

Hi there!

For those who you don't know what a steam curator is... It's mainly a Word-of-Mouth recommendation system in which a curator elaborate a review on the steam store recommending a game in a short but engaged review.

I started the page 28 days ago and it has been gaining almost 40 followers per day which let me tell you it's a really good stat.

My page is focused on steam indie games, excluding those which are hyper famous and only reviewing those which are not that famous (steam range of number of total reviews from 3 to 1000 reviews).

Currently I'm only interested in showing up indie games which are top, so I don't mind if your game has 3 reviews or if it's going to be launched and the marketing thing is not decent and consequently the total number of purchases is going to be low. All I'm looking for is quality, this is it. Even some guys have offered me a few bucks for reviewing their games but if the quality of those games is poor that wouldn't fit with the kind of curating page I'm trying to develop, roadness to quality and not specially known games.

So this is it, folks. Here's the page:

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/32516565/

The only thing left to talk about it's about the waiting list which is currently for 6 days+-.

Hope you enjoy my page and of course feel free to throw me offers through the new steam tool, steam curator connect, a tool which allows you to send the game without sending keys so you avoid the gray market reselling thing.

Contact form:
[email protected]

Regards.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »

Begone
myindiewishlist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:17:26 PM »

May I know if I broke any ToS of TIG to get that rude answer?

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 11:08:58 PM »

forcing people to comment bomb for gift cards
there are plenty of steam roulette key giveaway parasites and your group seems like one of those
prove me youre not just getting free keys out of simpler indie developers
myindiewishlist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 07:50:05 AM »

If you check my Steam Curator page you will see I'm the only one who is getting games of my entire group, not doing swapping tricks, also this games come from as gift so no cd key reselling here.

On the other hand if you check the games which devs have given to me until now you wont see any expensive indies, just games that they looks interested enough and which can be bought for almost $5, so yeah, it looks like I'm beggar. For your knowledge the Steam Giftcard I've received cost me $50... If I've received 4 free games for reviewing and doing all the marketing thing (which it's super fast ! - I don't think so-) and each one is $5... So the maths here are: $4*5$/u-$50 = -$30. Damn, how evil am I? So evil I guess.

Finally, my giveaway is about trying to  make my group bigger so I can reach more indie developers, this is it. My evilness is only comparable to those who...

So again, I don't know why that rude comment was written. There are enough real life troubles for encountering more of these when you're also helping little companies make a few more sales. Ex. ask to "The Spy Who Shot Me" single dev (one game I reviewed a few days ago) how does it feel being possitively reviewd his game, which got only 1 sale before I reviewed the game and now it has 13 reviews, 10 from followers of my group.

Do not judge a book by its cover.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 08:21:13 PM »

This doesn't really belong in Collaborations. Locked. Please don't make duplicate threads.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic