Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411467 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 10:06:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSteel Alcimus - A top-down helicopter action game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Steel Alcimus - A top-down helicopter action game  (Read 2551 times)
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2018, 12:17:41 AM »

https://gamejolt.com/games/steelalcimus/377693

Steel Alcimus is now released !

Steel Alcimus is a Top-Down helicopter shooter and a sequel of Golden Hornet.
Similar to Golden Hornet, You have to control the helicopter and do various missions in the levels. But instead of only saving hostages and destroying targets, There are more things to do.

Now you can complete the missions with your ally aircrafts or buy new weapons from the shop, and the missions offer more various tasks including saving The carrier, Taking the buildings, carrying objects, and more !

This game is mainly inspired by Raid on bungeling bay and Zeewolf.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 01:54:38 AM by hijong park » Logged
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 12:21:45 AM »

Today, i added Seamless wrapping like Zeewolf and Raid on bungeling bay, Jet figher enemies, and The radar that displays enemies within the range.

Also i added auto aim correction feature for vulkan cannon and Dumb rockets, so You can destroy the enemies much easier.

There's something more to do before making Campaign.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 03:46:47 AM »

Today, i added Mouse controls, The player's carrier, and other enemies like boats, Sub marine, and infantries.

Using mouse is definitely a lot better than Keyboard !

i'm planning to make a kind of demo / prototype version, with the name of "Operation : Assassin fly".
it will have an single mission with 3 minutes as a time limit.
Tyro
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 08:29:50 PM »

The gameplay looks very tight and enjoyable. It reminds me of an old DOS game called Seek and Destroy but in an ocean/archipelago environment.

Would love to try the demo once it's ready.

hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 08:07:47 PM »

The gameplay looks very tight and enjoyable. It reminds me of an old DOS game called Seek and Destroy but in an ocean/archipelago environment.

Would love to try the demo once it's ready.

I remember that game, i wanted to love it but unfortunately dosbox sound card was bugged and i had the shareware version that i couldn't fully enjoy it.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 02:23:30 AM »

https://gamejolt.com/games/assfly/341203

I released a trial version of Steel Alcimus, called Operation Assassin fly.

This trial version has only one mission with 3 minutes as a time limit.

If you are interested, try it !
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 01:02:31 AM »

Today, i made 3 Training stages and the first level.

There are also ally tanks called 'Katydid II'. it attacks the enemies and you can transport it like the other transportable items.

Not sure how many campaign missions will be made, but i'll keep adding it.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 06:13:38 AM »

Summer vacation is now started, i have plenty of times now.

Today i changed the weapon system, instead of selecting 5 presets, you can select whatever you want in 3 slots.
leaving the slot empty provides more space for the hostages.

I also made a shop where you can buy and select weapons before starting the mission.

currently i added 6 missions, there would be total 35 (or some more if i got more ideas for the mission) missions in the campaign mode.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 01:18:52 AM »

Currently i made 16 missions for the campaign.

Also, i added ally attack helicopters.

Ally helicopters like Armed Golden Hornet or Steel Alcimus will follow the player and fight enemies.
But they also have ammo limit like you, so they need a resupply when they are out of ammo or heavily damaged.

When repairing ally helicopters, it uses the carrier's repair kits. If you resupply allies too frequently you won't be able to repair yourself.
Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 07:35:02 AM »

Well, this looks like a blast :D I was about to comment on the helicopter blade sound being a bit loud but I noticed that you adjusted it Hand Thumbs Up Right So, what are you using to make this?

hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 04:30:02 PM »

Well, this looks like a blast :D I was about to comment on the helicopter blade sound being a bit loud but I noticed that you adjusted it Hand Thumbs Up Right So, what are you using to make this?

Glad you like it! I'm using game maker : studio.
Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 10:57:06 AM »

Ah nice, I'm using the same thing. Smiley I hope the project goes smoothly!

filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 03:05:14 PM »

This is great, but 3 minutes is not long! I expect if you put an easy mode with a longer time limit in, people will tend to get less frustrated. Also fullscreen mode would be nice.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 08:01:43 AM »

This is great, but 3 minutes is not long! I expect if you put an easy mode with a longer time limit in, people will tend to get less frustrated. Also fullscreen mode would be nice.

Unfortunately, I can't update Operation Assassin fly as i didn't make a separate project file for it. You can toggle fullscreen with F4.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »

Long time no see, Sorry for no devlogs for a while. I was fully focused on making the game.

Currently, I have made 32 campaign missions : only 3 missions left until the end !

Once the campaign mode is finished, I'll make raid mode as well.

In addition, I have improved the controls. The chopper rorates a lot faster, and You don't easily lose the aim while circle strafing. So, It controls much better than Operation : Assassin fly!

I'm also making a mini game that would be included with Steel Alcimus.
It's a game where you have to control armed Platinum Sabulosa and save 8 cargos.
Platinum Sabulosa have Rocket pods and 2 door machine guns.

With mouse you fire door machine guns, and space bar fires rockets.
door guns can cover all directions but weak, and rockets are powerful but hard to hit and have limited ammo.

During playing, the enemy jeeps will approach to the cargos and place a bomb on them. If you couldn't save the cargo before the bomb explodes, The cargo will be destroyed and the enemy jeep who had placed the bomb will be upgraded to super jeep and attck you. If you lost all 8 cargos every enemy jeeps will become super jeep and you will be doomed.

Since it's a simple shooter, There's no height system unlike Steel Alcimus. Your bullets will always directly hit, as well as enemies'.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 06:25:45 AM »

The raid mode is almost finished !

Raid mode is an endless mode where you have to complete missions and earn as many money as you can until die.

Since it's an quick arcade mode, i just added simple missions : destroying things, rescuing hostages and stealing cargos.

If you have any ideas about the missions for raid mode, feel free to suggest them to me.

You must complete all missions to go to the next mission, but you can also destroy other enemies around the level for extra scores.

But if you cause too much havoc, The raid warning level will be increased and enemy aircrafts will keep appearing and attacking you.

when the raid warning level is 2 or higher, The enemy attack jets will take off and attack your carrier. if you let them to destroy it, the game will instantly over !

In raid mode You can use 4 kinds of helicopters : Steel Alcimus, Golden Hornet, Infuscatum, and Platinum Sabulosa.

You can unlock helicopters by completing campaign missions.

You can also get some helps of your allies in raid mode.

By completing objectives, you can get the chance of calling Sarpedon air strikes.

And in every 3 levels, There's a Katydid II tank in the map.

By carrying it to the carrier, you can upgrade it to Super Katydid, Armed with Ground-to-air missiles.

You can also carry Katydid to the next level if you put it on the carrier !

Mouse control had been improved !

Now you can control the turret and guide Anti-tank missiles to the target with mouse.

I think it's much better.

Lefted works : Controller support, some polishings, and Music !
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 04:39:39 AM »

Today, I made Soundtracks and added Rotating Camera !

Althrough I'm more familar with the fixed camera, I thought someone would find the rotating camera more comfortable and decided to add it.

Now i will start Test playing the whole game to moderate the difficulty, It's a long and tedious work but must be done before releasing.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 01:55:43 AM »

https://gamejolt.com/games/steelalcimus/377693

Steel Alcimus is finally finished ! Try it now.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic