Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:04:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsNewbie - Looking to improve my roguelike skills
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Newbie - Looking to improve my roguelike skills  (Read 3464 times)
foxfire29
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2009, 10:44:07 AM »

Hi I am new to roguelikes apologys if this is the wrong place but I intend to write a roguelike but I am still needing to get better at them, anyway I noticed a lets play IVAN competition thread but its 120 days old so I didnt post there as figured it must be finished.

I am still a bit clueless where roguelikes are concerned but even though that the case I wouldnt mind just participating in some roguelike compo, even just if to upload my early death and maybe get some tips pertaining to the mob I died on so as to improve.

I'm not even looking for a competition with a reward, just a way to merely motivate me to revisit some of the roguelikes I play so if anyones setting one up please let me know:

Games I would sit and play

IVAN
ADOM
TOME
Legerdemain

cheers!
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:31:47 PM »

Hmm. Interesting way to find this place. I assumed you wanted tips on making the things.

We haven't done one of those "Let's play" Roguelike Competitions since the IVAN one, about... a year ago or so. But another one could be fun! Anyone else up for it?

Also, this should probably be in "General". "Competitions" is for game-making, rather than playing.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic