Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:21:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBOH and Huenison physical editions
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BOH and Huenison physical editions  (Read 640 times)
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2018, 07:20:08 AM »

Hi all,

lately I have released updates to my games BOH and Huenison. At the same time, I have prepared also brand-new physical packages for them.

The final version of BOH (called BOH ADVANCE), after so many updates, really deserved a new edition. So I have made this (click on the pictures to see them in full size):

Features:
 * latest version of BOH for AmigaOS 4, AROS, Linux, MacOS, and Windows (as released digitally a few months ago);
 * Enhanced CD that be used also to listen to the soundtrack on an audio CD player;
 * CD with outstanding glossy finish;
 * hugely improved user's manual and developer's manual;
 * brand-new artwork;
 * transparent DVD case;
 * double-sided inlay.

BOH ADVANCE is part of a Deluxe package that looks like this:

Then, there's Huenison. The physical release had been put aside, but I felt that this was an appropriate time to finally make it happen: releasing it together with BOH Deluxe allows people to get both in one go and thus save on shipping expenses.
This is the package:

Features:
 * latest version of Huenison for AmigaOS 4 and Windows (as released digitally a few months ago);
 * Enhanced CD that be used also to listen to the soundtrack on an audio CD player;
 * CD with outstanding glossy finish;
 * hugely improved manual;
 * improved artwork;
 * transparent DVD case;
 * double-sided inlay.

The orders have just been opened:

If you have questions, I'll be happy to answer Wink
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:39:45 AM by saimo » Logged
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 02:28:35 AM »

I published BOH in 2009, and in the (more than) 10 years that passed since then, I released 19 free updates, because I just couldn't resist making it better and bettter. The physical edition presented above was supposed to close the game's development cycle, but I felt that I just had to backport to BOH the video system features/improvements that I came up with for Blastaway. The result is that now I have made the 20th update available (again for free, of course)!

CHANGELOG
* Simplified and optimized CRT pixel modes.
* Made 4x LCD pixel mode slightly brighter.
* Added 6x pixel modes.
* Added hardware-accelerated zooming for solid pixel modes to AmigaOS version.
* Added Italian brief to mission "Faces".
* Made a few minor fixes.
* Updated manual.

BOH page: https://www.retream.com/BOH

Trailer

(very old, so it doesn't show all the improvements that happened since it was made, but instead of spending time on making another trailer, I prefer making more games!)

Gameplay video

(more recent, but still it misses something)

To update an installed copy of BOH, simply install the new version over the old installation by means of the supplied installer.

Even more good news for the owners of the physical edition: due to the very limited production runs, the CDs were duplicated (i.e. burned), not replicated (i.e. glass mastered), and the factory was asked to leave the CDs open to make them updateable in case of future updates! The CDs can updated by burning a new session/track that contains the files included in the new CD ISO image.

*** WARNING ***
Updating a CD is a delicate process that might damage the CD, so it is necessary to have specific skills and tools. If you are not completely sure, do not attempt the update. IN ANY CASE, UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic