Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:32:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingdeadly planet dungeon planet
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: deadly planet dungeon planet  (Read 10898 times)
Rolf_Soldaat
Level 0

Fast as lightning.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 03:13:07 PM »

Did you try both gamepad modes? (press "j").

Undertech: If you watch that video I posted, you'll see that clint's plutonium can be used very effectively.
undertech
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 03:23:21 PM »

Ah, I didn't see that even a small blast sticks around if there are more enemies nearby. Still, the fact that you can blow through your entire stock in one go makes it more limiting than the other supers.
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

I notice no one in the high scores uses Bob. I think the lack of a helmet is too crippling, although I laughed pretty hard when I first saw the character.

Perhaps he needs re-balancing?

My idea is that instead of not having a helmet, he could have one, but the atmosphere on the planet or something isn't suited to him, so you have a timer when you lose your helmet and if you don't get out of the level quickly enough you die.
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 08:11:39 PM »

I'm currently improving the game bit by bit, any requests?

Something other than the default windows pointer for a crosshairs would be nice.

Also, this game was much much easier on my shitty laptop. some framerate independence might be nice. No idea how hard that is in GM.
Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »

This is fun.

I didn't realize the front end was a character selection screen. Even after I did it took ages before I figured out how to drive it with the gamepad.

It would be cool to pick characters based on something else, so all characters appear within a playthrough. Perhaps each level could have multiple exits, with each exit taking you to the next level with a different character.

Would it be possible to have enemies respond to where you're pointing your gun, and whether or not you're firing it? That way you'd have a reason to not fire, and a reason to think about where you're pointing your gun when you're not firing it.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 11:00:10 PM »

oh woah I'm in the highscores. Didn't even realize.

Fun game, though it has a bit too shallow a difficulty curve for my liking so the first few levels tend to be a bit boring to me.

jwaap
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 11:40:48 PM »

Would it be possible to have enemies respond to where you're pointing your gun, and whether or not you're firing it? That way you'd have a reason to not fire, and a reason to think about where you're pointing your gun when you're not firing it.

yeah that's on my list so far, we don't want a w+m1 game. I will probably add knockback.

Oh also, bob will be tweaked. : ) This whole beta was for testing the balance anyway. Also: more enemy types will come soon. I like the timer idea I think. But I'll probably just make him stronger and keep him the hardcore no-helmed psycho he is.

Crosshair will be there too.

Farbs
Man
Level 10

/Farbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »

MOAR!
Nektonico
Level 2

Time traveller graffiti

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 03:17:51 AM »

Berzerk meets Robotron ... on what looks suspiciously like yoshi's island.. if you know what i mean.

Its nice, but some graphical feedback  when the enemies are destroyed would be welcome, i mean if they went splat! instead of just disappearing, blood stains or some such.

He was built by the worlds finest surgeons to drive the fastest car ever designed and nothing can stop him now. ಠ_ృ
“The greatest misfortune is when theory outstrips performance.” - Leonardo DaVinci
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic