Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:32:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[OUT NOW!] My Burden to Keep - Short murder mystery adventure game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [OUT NOW!] My Burden to Keep - Short murder mystery adventure game  (Read 541 times)
RiotEsper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:16:21 AM »

My Burden to Keep is out now on itch.io!
https://perpetualdiversion.itch.io/mbtk

It is May 3rd, 1941.
Just as the sun peeks over the horizon on that cold spring morning, a harrowing report comes in to the sheriff's department. The mayor has been murdered in his home.

Solve the murder/Clear your father's name. Two wills struggle on separate paths towards the same goal, to find out what really happened. Who killed mayor James Scott?

Play as detective Francis Dale and as the murder suspect's son Gabriel Heinrich in this short point and click adventure game.  Featuring rich, detailed pixel artwork and animation and an old-school inspired soundtrack, with a few modern design conveniences. (No incessant saving-dying-loading!)

Trailer:

Screenshots:

My Burden to Keep will be launching first on itch.io, for $3.90. It's not just a short story-game in name, the game will take around 40-60 minutes to complete. Perfectly bite-sized for a lunch break or maybe a break from developing your own adventure game title?

I finally decided to dust off this old account now that I had something to show. The project's been in development on and off since back in 2011. After it had been sitting idle for a few years, I finally picked it back up late last spring. Gave the background art a complete rework, finished up animations and made an AdLib-ish sounding soundtrack. By now you might be able to tell that I played a lot of LucasArts point-and-clicks growing up. Grin

Let me know your thoughts, thanks for stopping by! Coffee
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:10:26 PM by SirBob » Logged
RiotEsper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 02:07:44 PM »

My Burden to Keep is now available on itch.io! Get the game + soundtrack for $3.90!
Itch.io link - Click Me!

I think the fact that I've finally released a game is starting to sink in. Kind of. I'm assuming the first post-release-panic will come when someone reports a game breaking bug that I somehow managed to miss. Grin
Hope that everyone who decides to give the game a try will enjoy it! Many thanks to everyone who stopped by, just a view in the thread means a lot to me.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic