Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:57:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed talented pixel-artist for my turn-based strategy game [Sci-Fi]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need talented pixel-artist for my turn-based strategy game [Sci-Fi]  (Read 781 times)
MadByte
« on: May 20, 2018, 10:04:40 AM »

Hello everyone!

I would like to introduce myself real quick.
I'm MadByte, hobby game developer, 27 years old from Germany.
Please excuse my somewhat broken english!

What is it all about?

I'm currently working on a full GDD and prototype for a new minimalistic 2D turn-based tile-based strategy sci-fi game. It's an homage to an older game I used to play when I was young called "Chaos". It released as a Public Domain game on the Commodore Amiga. Here's a screenshot of this beauty:

What do I need?

I need an pixel-artist who creates futuristic units / buildings in a slightly angled top down view. All sprites need to fit on tiles (32px) but can vary in height a bit (as seen in the example designs below).
To get a better idea of what I would like to archive, I created a game screen design on my own (I like to draw some simple pixel art as well) which visualizes the main game screen. The shown tiles are from OpenGameArt.org, they kinda represent the artistic direction I want to go with the game.

I'm currently fleshing out the design document and hope to find an collaborator early on for this project. If you are interested, please post a reply or send me a PM. I also would love to answer further questions if their are any.

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:33:35 AM by MadByte » Logged
MadByte
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 01:51:49 AM »

Update 26th of May

I've drawn an example soldier set myself to further demonstrate the visual art style I want to archive.

I could try to do more pixel art myself, but I want to focus on game design and coding instead of art and I'm sure there are lots of ppl out there who can draw way better pixel art then I ever could.

So I'm still looking for pixel-artists.

Additionally, I'd like to mention that I appreciate any other help you guys can provide.
If you're good in game design or you are a music composer who may has the perfect idea for this kind of project - feel free to contact me & we'll figure something out together.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:43:32 AM by MadByte » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic