Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 09:08:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBounce Zoo Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bounce Zoo Demo  (Read 456 times)
drkr
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »

Bounce Zoo
A platformer, legless platformer where you can only jump.  

Check it out and tell me what you think

Bober RS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 12:07:19 PM »

At first, some issues to report:
  • Sometimes pressing ESC doesn't open pause screen.
  • When paused, clicking "Level select" crashes the game.
  • When standing on a moving platform, try jumping a few times. The character happens to land "awkwardly", so that it keeps falling down on the platform, instead of moving along with it.
  • I managed to jump out of the level with moving platforms. I kept falling down endlessly in void and had to restart the game.
  • There are some spontaneous lags, but they don't last long. I'm testing under Windows 7 x64, processor Intel Core i7-4790.

I'm not sure what's the development stage of the game and which parts of it should be considered unready for evaluation. I expect the bright green squares building floor to be nothing more than some placeholders. Spikes and background are of too low resolution, they seem unpleasantly blurred. Pink stains that occur after death have rather unbalanced color that doesn't harmonize with ground; its alpha mixing is too obvious for eye. And the stains doesn't present well on mushrooms, as they aren't animated together with it. In fact, mushrooms' (and maybe main character's) graphics are the only ones that look decent.

I couldn't hear the music, although there were some adjustment sliders in the options menu. I hope you are planning to develop some unique atmosphere of the game, including music, graphics and storyline.

What I did like is the level design. The game is quite challenging and requires some precise actions. The mechanics concept is quite uncommon, but gets boring over time without new types of obstacles. Elements like mushrooms and ice are good ideas.
Sea Jay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:51:18 AM »

Hi dkir!

When I clicked the link to your game, I noticed it was being distributed on Itch. So I tried to download it via the client and it told me that it wasn't available on Windows. This might be because your game genuinely isn't available on the Windows operating system, but more likely you forgot to tick the box marked 'playable on Windows'. Don't worry, this is a fairly common mistake I see people on itch make, and I've done it myself a few times.

Just make sure that all of your game's files are labelled properly, and it should make it much easier for people to play them.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic