Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:33:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBig Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Big Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!  (Read 12306 times)
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 04:20:07 PM »

Had an issue with saving and loading but somehow found my way to a solution, now all I have to do is refine the saving and loading process.
After Refining the saving process it went better, there are still some kinks to iron out but now you can save the game and load that same file keeping your progress. I also added 3 new guns to the game my new favourite is the crossbow gun  Smiley I’m going to get an early prototype for you guys to play in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned for that!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 08:13:08 PM »

I updated the loot system a little bit with a new “chest” sprite that you break open and two items pop out that you can actually see which one you want to select so you have more choice in what you pick but theres still that excitement when you smash open a box to see your choices.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 07:13:42 PM »

Today I started putting some ideas for a skill system on paper and hopefully I’ll get that in to the game in the next week or so. I also tried to add some more guns to the loot pool. All art for the guns are just place holders for now. I had an issue with duplicates, though you can still get duplicates I made changes so that it’s a lot lower of chance now.
I’m new to this daily devlog thing so if you guys/girls have any suggestions to make them better let me know.

Rarykos
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 11:57:58 PM »

Woah the chaos :D

It looks fun, I'd love to see more structure!
Kinda curious which way it develops!
What it's gonna be!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 04:05:16 AM »

Woah the chaos :D

It looks fun, I'd love to see more structure!
Kinda curious which way it develops!
What it's gonna be!

Haha yah right now its a bit chaotic, I'm trying to see at what point the system will begin to lag, but I'll definitely add more structure in the future.

right now the gameplay:
loop is prep your Weapon Arsenal --->
Explore a map with various Biomes and dungeons that is randomly changing --->
Look for Loot to increase your strength --->
Find the Big Bad Bounty and collect the Bounty on their Head then choose to continue or head back to collect the Bounty ---> Repeat --->

Anyone have thoughts on the loop so far? how to make it better/less bad etc. Its a fairly basic loop the idea of the game is to collect Bounties on enemies heads which in turn puts a higher bounty on your own head increasing the difficulty but makes you more infamous and thats your goal is to get the Biggest Baddest Bounty and become the most infamous Outlaw in the lands.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2018, 07:04:38 PM »

I worked on refining the first boss the Drone Maker, adding his healthbar and fixing some AI issues, and making him a bit tougher to take down. The next boss is going to be of the slow powerful archetype.

In my mind I really want this game to give the player of feeling over-powered yet still challenging, I want to stick with the idea that instead of nerfing buff all the crappy items instead.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2018, 07:12:25 PM »

Today I sat down to think about my plans for the future. I plan to release something playable in the next couple of weeks to you guys here on the forum and then in the next 8 weeks I want to get something for final that could maybe be seen as a beta. Heres some gameplay and my plans for the future. The program I use to organise my objectives is called hacknplan.com

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 06:26:26 PM »

Not much done today Because I had Birthday plans with the fam. But heres the idea for Boss #2, he’s going to be the slow brawler type boss of the Tumbleweed Gang.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2018, 05:31:07 PM »

I laid down the basic code for Boss #2, the only thing that needs to be done is refine the code a bit adding the anticipations and get the duration right. I also started iterating on the new enemies. Tell me what you think of the designs! Any suggestions are welcome. Have any questions ask away!

WayedOut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »

Loving what this could be, the art especially. Keep it up!
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 11:19:09 AM »

Loving what this could be, the art especially. Keep it up!

Thanks for the words of encouragement!   Tears of Joy

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »

Refined the main hub room so that it has more of the feel/placement that I want in the final game. If you guys see anything that could be better please let me know I’m all solo on this project so any community input is welcomed.
I also tried optimising the game aswell with gamemaker studios texture groups, that are supposed to separate your textures into more compact “areas” so it is easier for the game to find .

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2018, 07:44:07 PM »

I spent the majority of this day trying to figure out the skill tree, I’m trying to make it so that when your mouse is over a certain object the object flashes and then the appropriate value changes to a new value. The object flashes but for some reason it doesn’t seem like the value is changing.

So after the failures of that I decided to take a break and work on making more rooms for my game so there can be more variety to explore.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2018, 06:33:24 PM »

I added the code for 2 new enemies one being the drone maker who will continually spawn little drones that chase you down and the other being mr.quickblades which has a slashing, dashing attack when you get close. I also roughed out 11 environments for the cave biome I’m going to add but its only in greybox right now.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 06:29:20 PM »

I spent today thinking about my story and what the final look of my game will be because I want to start creating some final art assets so the game can start looking more polished. The next few days I’m going to focus on art direction for my game.

I did end up looking for some place holder music to toss in my game, I’m thinking of doing the actual soundtrack myself but we’ll see.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2018, 08:15:31 PM »

I spent today on environment art trying to balance depth with readability. Tomorrow I’m gunna tackle more character art.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 06:54:01 PM »

Not too much for today, planning the weeks schedule, had to do some errands but I got to refine the knuckler attack animation. tell me what you think!

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 09:36:42 PM »

Looks vicious & frantic. I like it!

When it's out of context like this it looks a little bit like he is very furiously doing hand swears at me  Wink
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:33:53 AM by Tusky » Logged
sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2018, 01:28:33 AM »

This looks awesome / love the art style!  Smiley

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2018, 08:11:47 AM »

Looks vicious & frantic. I like it!

When it's out of context like this it looks a little bit like he is very furiously doing hand swears at me  Wink

Thanks!
Hahah now im not going to be able to unsee that  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic