Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:15:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBig Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Big Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!  (Read 11317 times)
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »

This looks awesome / love the art style!  Smiley

Thank you! hopefully things are more polished by the time I get the demo done. Smiley

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2018, 08:05:29 PM »

I revisited the knuckler animations and gunner animations and polished them to a level that I think will work well for the demo. The knuckler animations made their way into the game and I’ll be posting the gunners animations ingame in tomorrows devlog, the gunners walk animation is a little poppy it might need some inbetweens but I'm going to leave it for now and push forward. Also re did the gunners bullet sprite.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2018, 06:48:10 AM »

I Finished the gunners animations for now and spent the rest of today trying to add more “juice” to the game with some FX like picking coins up, a FX trail behind the character, new hit effects, dust kick ups, shooting contact FX, and a subtle kick in the Healthbar when getting hit. The collisions on some of the enemies are janky right now but will be fixed soon.
All the small particles including the one behind the character were ducttape animated together by code in gamemaker and a single sprite of one particle.

sidbarnhoorn
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2018, 07:04:03 AM »

What are your plans for sound and music? Smiley

Siddhartha Barnhoorn
--------------------
Award winning composer

Composed music for the games Antichamber, Out There, The Stanley Parable, Planet Alpha...

http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com
Bandcamp:
https://siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SidBarnhoorn
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2018, 07:24:51 PM »

What are your plans for sound and music? Smiley

Shrug right now I'm planning to do it myself.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:59 PM »

Added FX to the slam animation and started working on the level up animation. Tell me if you think the FX are too much, my thoughts are that I’ll try to take it farther until it becomes an issue and then I can always dial it back.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »

That latest video looks a ton better than your previous ones; must be the new effects!

Somehow feels halfway between Guacamelee and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath to me at the minute. A roguelite Guacamelee could be cool.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2018, 06:38:49 AM »

That latest video looks a ton better than your previous ones; must be the new effects!

Somehow feels halfway between Guacamelee and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath to me at the minute. A roguelite Guacamelee could be cool.

Thank you! definitely making progress.

Guacamelee was actually one of the games I referenced while trying to figure out the art direction I wanted to go in, I never knew of that specific Oddworld game but it looks like it has a similar bounty system to what I want in my game so thank you for the comment!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2018, 07:28:51 PM »

Added particles under the slam attack, put a place holder FX for the level up code, I had the idea of adding bandit camps that have an increased amount of loot, so I’m going to tackle the art side of that in the coming weeks. I spent the rest of the day trying to fine tune the balance between enemies and the player.

stix
Level 0

Night of the Blood Moon Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2018, 10:31:06 PM »

mygod all the art here is incredible, keep it up!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:05 AM »

mygod all the art here is incredible, keep it up!

Thankyou! all these positive vibes really give me the strength to continue Tears of Joy

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2018, 08:54:50 PM »

Preparing for the demo, so I added somethings relating to what a new player might need to know like control prompts and even a control list. I also rebalanced some weapons fixed some weapon bugs and tuned the ammo system. Also redid the portal sprites and finalized the boss room a bit more.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2018, 06:45:49 AM »

Added a stun effect when you use a melee attack. Redid some art assets, finetuned the music code so the music doesn’t overlap, fixed the quickbladers hitboxes and rebalanced damage again, and worked on getting all the levels made so far up and running.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »

Added new sounds today and I spent a lot of my time banging my head against the wall on how to get my skill array setup to work, it works now! But we’ll see how it holds up in the long run. I also added Boss drops that will be key in unlocking new skills. I’m going to be uploading the prototype on Tuesday so stay tuned!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2018, 09:09:46 PM »

I worked on the tonic skills, added a new melee attack, some UI art assets, and overall polish. And the prototype is out! Try it and let me know your thoughts!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xbdcgy6xv5sgbl/BigBadBounty_Game_V03.zip?dl=0

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2018, 03:48:55 AM »

Hey Smiley

I've downloaded it and I'll try it on my break tomorrow. Is it playable with keyboard and mouse?

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2018, 05:50:04 AM »

Awesome! Yup right now its only playable with mouse and keyboard if you talk with the shopkeeper he gives you the control list. Thank you for giving it a chance!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2018, 05:52:35 AM »

No worries Smiley

I've got a screen recorder on my work PC, so I'll record as I play

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2018, 07:00:03 AM »

Awesome cant wait to see what you think so far  Smiley

alaNintendo