Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:53:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBig Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Big Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!  (Read 12463 times)
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2018, 10:44:05 AM »

Saw a bunch of your progress videos online! Good stuff! Keep it up Smiley

Thank you  Smiley ! your work is super inspiring as well your animation and art skills are top notch  Hand Thumbs Up Right

stix
Level 0

Night of the Blood Moon Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »

Damn this art is inspiring. Looking forward to playing this one day.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2018, 08:16:39 PM »

Damn this art is inspiring. Looking forward to playing this one day.

Thank you! your art is looking really good aswell!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2018, 08:31:45 PM »

I wrote down all the things I need to do to push this thing to a point where it just becomes about adding more content, and not about worrying if the base foundation is going to break.

I fixed room spawning, added the basic code for the skill shopkeeper, added purchase FX, Did BG art for the Oasis Treasure room, fixed enemy spawn locations, figured out what happens to enemies when they fall through a gap….they die, made gun pickups float and started to change the UI.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2018, 03:57:37 AM »

Hey, the stupid work anti-virus wouldn't let me play it so I'll try it when I get home!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2018, 06:06:42 AM »

Hey, the stupid work anti-virus wouldn't let me play it so I'll try it when I get home!

No worries, cant wait to hear the feedback.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2018, 09:25:11 PM »

Added window resizing and full screen modes, redid the camera viewport sizes to 1920 by 1080, and added an exit prompt to the Tonic skill page. Also worked on adding the New UI elements into the game engine and I’m trying to add pop up menus.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »

I added a reward for clearing the room similar to the way dungreed handles it. Made new art for the second melee skill and the skill can now steal health and has longer range. Finished adding the new UI, and made it so that theres an onscreen “inventory” where you can see your mods and boss crowns that you’ve collected.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:12:11 AM by ShillyShills » Logged

PetSkull
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2018, 10:12:25 PM »

Hi, your video isn't available  Sad

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2018, 05:14:05 AM »

Hi, your video isn't available  Sad

So sorry about that! Your able to view it now.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2018, 08:15:40 PM »

Gathered a bunch of reference for the FX and Environment parts of my game and finished the new explosion animation.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2018, 08:03:23 PM »

Updated The fire pillar, fire pool, Healthpickup and poison pool FX and implemented them into the game. But the code still needs to be cleaned up.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »

Currently the game loop in each room is: Enter a room, Fight enemies(no waves) or just rush past them and find the door to the next room, Repeat Until you find a Bounty King or Head back to town and cash in all the gold you’ve collected.

I was thinking that I will change it to: Enter a room, fight waves of enemies until Deadman Jones begins to hunt you, Progress to next room, Repeat Until you find a Bounty King or Head back to town and cash in all the gold you’ve collected.

The second one is more so inspired by the Gungeon and Spelunky but I’m unsure if I want to force the rooms to be locked until you clear out all enemies or if you have the ability to rush past enemies. I’m leaning towards no locked door but that can be an easy fix if necessary. Please let me know any suggestions you may have.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2018, 07:29:52 AM »

I've been working on an update on how I think about what my game is and here is what I'm thinking.

Big Bad Bounty

Big Bad Bounty is a rogue-lite, Looter, Action-platformer. Venture into the shifting Frontier, fighting your way through Outlaws and Savage wildlife to challenge the Kings who hold the DeadMans Crowns.

Elevator Pitch

You’re a Bounty hunter obsessed with power, this obsession has lead you on a hunt for the Infamous DeadMans Crown.

Overview

Wealth, Fame, Power, your crown represents all three… that is if your lucky enough to own one.
You’re one of the lucky ones. A crown sits upon your head and with it, comes the gift and curse of coming back from the brink of death.
 Odium is home to the infamous DeadMans Crown. The Crown beckons those with a weakness for power and you? Well you’re no different at all.

Gameplay Overview

-Accept Bounties/Turn in Bounties from Bubba.
-Purchase Skills from the TonicShop.
-Rent Weapons from the Scrapper.
-Enter The Frontier to Complete Bounties and Hunt for DeadMan Crowns.
-Accept some Bounties, Rent some weapons, Pick your Skills, and Enter the Frontier.

Please tell me what you think!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2018, 07:50:58 PM »

Not much art anticipated for the following days, I'm trying to work on the story and some gameplay code before I get into polishing more art assets that might change.

Today I Added the ability to choose quests from the hub zones, complete them in the field and get rewarded for completion. Also added purchasing guns so next time the scrapper has the gun for sale you don’t have to pay twice you already own it.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2018, 08:57:00 PM »

Wrote More Lore on things that I want In the game:

Lore
Odium was home to an advanced alien race, only traces of their existence are left, no one knows where they went. After the BIG BANG occurred there was a rush from all walks of life to find a place to set up home, ODIUM became that home. The discovery of alien technology caused the RECKONING to happen only leaving the poor and most unwanted people and criminals behind to fend for themselves on this war torn planet.
People naturally split into CLIQUES each CLIQUE took a specific territory to call their own. No one knows how but a mysterious man named BUBBA came up providing each CLIQUE with all sorts of supplies, most that no one has ever seen before creating a monopoly among the CLIQUES becoming the only trusted DEALER on ODIUM. BUBBA creates guns made from the scraps of alien machinery, items from the old alien relics with what seem like “magical” properties, and Tonics from several questionable liquid sources on this planet that grant the users new physical abilities.

Rin
While people were splitting into CLIQUES there were few who decided to be on their own instead of having to answer to anyone. These people became known as DRIFTERS, many died early on because of the strength and numbers of the CLIQUES being too strong, this meant only the truly formidable were left and now the name DRIFTER carries fear to those who speak the name.
Rin is a DRIFTER, a human born off world but dumped here by unknown reasons as a young child. He was recruited at a young age by a Gang known as the Unicorns, One of the largest Gangs on ODIUM. Rin quickly became the top swordsman in the gang by age 16, he was used as one of the clans Bounty Hunters to go collect from the deadliest Outlaws in ODIUM, after a Hunt went suspiciously wrong, Rin was stripped of his rankings. After that day Rin broke into the vault and stole a bunch of treasure and abandoned his CLIQUE to become a DRIFTER. Inside the masses of treasure he stole was a Deadmans Crown. After placing the crown on his head he gained more power then he ever had before, but he was forever cursed with the Greed for more. And there was only one thing that he wanted more of and that was more… Crowns.

Blades
Rin uses a contraption on his hand to produce an energy blade right in the palm of his hand. It was created by the famous engineer Stix when he was still in the Unicorn gang. Every time he would use a regular blade he would either cut himself or break the blade in how reckless he would swing the blade, So Stix fashioned a blade that he could “Sheathe” right in the middle of a stroke and would never break but always have an edge that would cut. You can modify the energy output at the Brewer.

ScrapBot
Rin modified a ScrapBot to follow him around. It can get different weapon attachments from The Scrapper So Rin can always have a ranged form of defence/offensive. The ScrapBot also acts like a sort of animal companion for Rin since he’s a DRIFTER times can get Lonely so it can be nice to have his Little ScrapBot to keep him company.

Booster
Rin has a Booster attached to his back that can give him a momentary boost of speed and cloaks him in the process making it possible to dive into dangerous close combat situations. This piece of equipment can be upgraded at the brewer making it more of an offensive tool, Defensive tool or just enhance its speed capabilities.

Utility Belt
Rin has room for a singular item on his Belt. The Item on this belt can be a physical item like a scatter grenade to imbuing him with a magical ability like fire pillars.

Bubbas Shack
Bubbas Shack is the one place where anyone can come to relax, buy new weapons, and pick up new bounties. The Scrapper is known for gathering old alien machinery and turning them into functional guns. Every time you enter the Shack he will have something new to sell you, because these guns are made from scrap they end up breaking if you get the snot beat out of you. The Alchemist is responsible for tinkering with old alien relics and creating new inventive items for you to take into the field all the same rules apply to items as they do when you purchase guns from the Scrapper. The Brewer has a set list of Tonics for sale, here you can purchase tonics to change up your basic physical skills. Last but not least Bubba himself is where you can browse the daily selection of Bounties that you can take with you out onto the field and best thing of all you get paid right on the spot when you finish a quest no need to take it back to Bubba to turn In because by the time you get back he’s going to have something new for you and someone would have collected the old bounties by then.

Shifting Frontier
The Third largest landmass on the planet is called the SHIFTING FRONTIER.  It is an extremely hot desert like area with Exposed stone, dried grass, bulbuss cactus, rolling tumbleweeds, Spiky Plants, Flowers, Dry bulbous Trees. This area is a place in constant conflict with the two Gangs trying to control this huge territory. BULLET HOLES, EXPLOSION CRATERS, DEAD ROBOTS are riddled through out this WARTORN land. The main CLIQUE of this territory is known as the TUMBLE WEED GANG.

Tumbleweed Gang
The Tumble weed gang was created by their leader known as the HIVE KING. He holds the crown of summoning. He was once human but was very lonely and an outcast, He discovered the Crown of summoning and decided to use its gift, once placing it on his head it turned his heart to metal and his body soon after. He used the crown to amass a great following in his image, these followers became known as KIN. KIN are not mystical beings they are simply robots built through the power of the Crown. They are powered by the sun through SOLAR PANELS, They also have an affinity to a WESTERN theme since the Hive King when human was obsessed with Old School Wild West TV Shows, They all seem to be covered in TUMBLEWEEDS to hide their vital parts and blend in with the scenery.

Hyenas
The Second gang that occupies the Frontier are known as the HYENAS. Once poor delivery workers when the RECKONING happened they took the roads and became scavengers. They steal and recruit those who they steal from. They are known for jumping into battles when things are about to end so they can have the upper hand. Hoods with mains, Tattered clothing, with filter masks, quick shooting weapons, and throwing knives, These are the visual clues that your staring down a HYENA. The leader of the HYENAS is a large muscular woman named HILA. She is a master at evasion, Her main Weapon is her infinity daggers that she can throw with immense speed and accuracy. She holds a Crown of Teleportation which makes her already nimble movement even harder to pinpoint. Besides her Blades and Crown she is most known for her Cocky attitude. Her followings adopt her cockiness through and through.

Caves
Beneath the Frontier are the Caves. A cold, mossy place with warm candle lighting, Glowing Mushrooms, and plants grow near light openings. Old Alien glyphs litter the walls. And the stalagmites seem like pillars. An underground stream runs through the Caves that spits anyone out who tries to go for a swim. Metal Scrap, Stone Carvings, Damp Cloth all brought down from the surface by the Cult gang that lives here are scattered through out the cave.

Skull Gang
The Cult Gang is Obsessed with Skulls. Every member wears a skull mask depicting their rank within the group, Most Wear Various types of Robes. The leader goes by the name Mystic One. The Mystic One Wears the Crown of Spells and presents himself only as a giant skull to strike fear into his people and intruders. He blesses his people with the ability of alien magic making the use of guns near extinct for the Cult Members though very low members can be seen with blades until they are promoted.

I also added basic code for player death. And I’m exploring changing the look of the main character.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »

Spent today sketching Rin the main character. Any thoughts on what you think of the designs and which ones you think are in the better direction please let me know!
I’m trying my best to make the characters design look unique while still being in line with the lore in some way.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2018, 07:01:21 PM »

I did more exploration sketches of possible character options and I plan to do more and try to think more about the lore.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2018, 07:04:40 PM »

Here are some more Character Sketches I think I’ve found my character for the most part I want him to have a little wild animal look to him and think D was the best for that. Tell me what you think!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2018, 09:40:09 PM »

Here’s a look at what some my work looks like in the line stage of the process.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic