Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:26:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBig Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Big Bad Bounty | HacknSlash,Looter,Roguelite? PROTOTYPE AVAILABLE!  (Read 12314 times)
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »

I’m working on the Shopkeeper named Bubba he is a key character in the game, he runs a monopoly in the weapons industry on this planet yet no one knows much else about him except that he loves bells…

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2018, 08:07:05 PM »

More Shopkeeper exploration.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2018, 07:56:11 PM »

Nothing too crazy today. I spent most of my time banging my head against getting my save code fixed after adding a tutorial before the main game aaaaaaand it’s a struggle can’t quite figure it out at the moment but I’ll keep at it. I also did a bunch of art direction research studying Wildstars design.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2018, 08:13:35 PM »

I’ve been lacking a little inspiration lately, so I spent time finding things that inspire me and smacked them on one page.

Fixed the Saving issues! Sometimes it just takes some fresh eyes. I was also having trouble with the death code but ended up figuring that out as well by reordering what line of code is being called first.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2018, 07:59:36 PM »

Spent today adding gamepad compatibility to the game!

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »

Looking at the enemy code today and everything looks good for the next few days I’m going to be revisiting my Tumbleweed gang art and polishing the enemy sprites so I can really see if the code works with how the art is going to look.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2018, 08:12:34 PM »

Cleaned up code that effects homing missiles, so it is much smoother now. I also added an auto aim with the gun when using a controller since it is extremely awkward right now to aim with the joy stick aswell as melee, you can also override this feature by just using the right joystick but its their to make everything feel a lot less frusturating.
Redesigned the first boss, and added a new Rapid fire Bowgun.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2018, 08:30:17 PM »

Today I began adding a menu to the game that you can use to exit the game, turn the game to full screen and Im going to add more options in the future. Also fine tuned some combat stats and fixed how the boss battle is begun.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2018, 08:01:36 PM »

Spent today creating assets for the Menus and testing code for how I might get them to work the least painful way.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »

Started adding the Menu Assets into gamemaker and got the code working for a fair amount of them.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »

Finished the main components of the menu today you can now choose between 8 different resolutions, resize it to whatever you want, go fullscreen, adjust the music and sfx independently and also turn vsync on and off. There is also an “I’m Stuck” button just in case and a recall to home base button as well.
I’m also going to add a new game mechanic/gang into the game:

Spectres

There is one group that is greatly feared around Odium and those are the spectres. They provide protection for the most elite Outlaws by the use of Locks. These contraptions create a forcefield for the nearest Elite Outlaw and one must break 5 Locks to be able to enter the zone of the nearest Elite Outlaw. The catch is once a Lock is under attack. Spectres are summoned to the scene to defend it  and you then have to kill those spectres to be able to break the lock.
The Spectres are an extremely large organization yet no one knows how many members there are or where their homebase is located. They are ghostly figures that can bypass physical objects. Yet bring very real physical pain. Masked with markings of their rank on their mask. They garb themselves in a layer of long cloaks and attack with ghostly blades and projectiles. They seem to have a strong connection with the ancient alien technology of odium. They are part alien Tech part Ghostly Visage.

-Locks have a 30% chance to spawn in each room.

-If attacked. Spectres are Created. And Locks change image index and become invulnerable

-If Spectres exist the lock is invulnerable. If none exist it can be damaged

-Spectres chase down the player and either attack physicaly or shoot projectiles.

-If Lock is destroyed Add a mark point. Get 5 marks you can enter boss gates.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2018, 09:32:22 PM »

I’m really inspired by the movement system in warframe so I added a bullet-like jump and glide while shooting. I always thought It would be cool to have a similar movement system in a side scroller game. I sketched some Spectres yesterday and today I also worked on the Spectre enemy code. I’m planning to go to an indiedev meetup in Vancouver next week so hopefully I can get some good feedback.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2018, 08:43:05 PM »

Polished The Spectre enemy code now the art is going to be the thing that brings it to life. I found a script to add shockwave ripples with bombs. And worked on the shop interaction UI.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2018, 07:57:42 PM »

Today I polished the shopkeeper UI, by doing some lineart and then filling it in and then put it in gamemaker and finished most of the code for it. 

here's some early line work

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2018, 09:52:44 PM »

Fixed the bounty quest system to work with the new Shopkeeper UI. Also worked on the Tonic Shop. And swapped it into the game with the old place holders.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2018, 07:20:41 PM »

Today I reviewed some of the levels, remade the “Lock” asset for the spectres, Added a red overlay for when your below a % of hp, balanced the scatter grenade, and added a timer that increases spawn amounts the longer you stay out of the hub.

ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »

Today I re-did the tutorial section, added secret rooms, and worked on color keys exploring the colors of the game again.

WayedOut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2018, 07:10:30 AM »

This is really coming together nicely!
ShillyShills
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2018, 11:08:19 AM »

This is really coming together nicely!

Thank you!

MSC
Level 0

MSC

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »

This is looking really nice. Wish you the best of luck with your project!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic