Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 06:33:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLazy Galaxy: Rebel Story - SHMUP / Roguelite [Steam Demo]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story - SHMUP / Roguelite [Steam Demo]  (Read 1097 times)
comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 22, 2018, 05:57:33 AM »

Hey everyone! Smiley

I'm Vladimir from Coldwild Games studio and I wanted to announce our new project, called Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story. I'm going to post project updates and devlogs here.

EDIT: Steam Demo, https://store.steampowered.com/app/533050/Lazy_Galaxy_Rebel_Story

How the game looks now:

Releasetrailer:

An old robot named H-34-RT wakes up in a derelict space station orbiting his home planet. His civilization was destroyed long ago by evil O'Xelg, but he has yet to figure that out. After an initial shock, he decides to follow his old defense routines: that means fighting the invaders, even if he is alone now.

Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story is a challenging, squad-based shoot-em-up/bullet hell rogue-lite. Fly through tons of bullets, defeat various enemies and engage challenging bosses, all this to help a lonely robot complete his mission.

Apart from action, I want to make it a narrative experience as a way to "cool player down" between intense action scenes. The player is going to uncover new allies that join him, then find out more about them during the game.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 07:06:28 AM by comrad_gremlin » Logged
Daywalker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »

lookin' good

but a shadow of the past ..
comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:56:01 AM »

Thanks! Smiley

I've added a bit more effects when bullets hit + destructible enemy rockets (so you can also attack them rather than dodge them).

Here's the gif how it looks
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 06:39:32 AM »

I very much enjoyed the music on that trailer.

Even with the new GIF I feel like it could be a bit more OTT with the hits. Maybe a pause or a shake? Within reason obviously (or I suppose you could make it completely unreasonable and have that as its main selling point).

comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:00:49 AM »

Hey and! Thanks for your suggestion, I've actually added a bit more details / explosions + working on improved screenshake system now Smiley

Here's how the game looks now (I should probably update the screenshots soon):

https://i.imgur.com/wjuXBYx.mp4

if that's alright to ask: how do you share your game gifs from imgur in your devlog? Do you upload them as gifs at the start? when I add it as an mp4 file, it's impossible to share it here reasonably or I'm missing something Smiley Had to reupload it to gfycat
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 11:10:32 AM by comrad_gremlin » Logged
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 11:21:25 AM »

Hey conrad, explosions are looking great!

If you're working on screenshake, I'd recommend making so that you can change the magnitude of the shake. Then you can have bigger shakes for bigger enemies, for example.

With GIFs: I just upload them as a GIF to imgur to post on here. I can export the frames from my game and put them together and optimise in ezgif.com or I'll just grab a bit of the screen with GIFCam

comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »

Thanks! Smiley I've tried using gifcat and it should (hopefully) work better now.

I've added more enemies / faster bullets, so the game feels much more intense now.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 11:13:19 PM »

Yes this is looking pretty damned sweet now!

Did that asteroid move!? Bumping asteroids into enemies would be pretty cool Smiley

comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 10:32:52 AM »

Thanks! Smiley The asteroids actually collide with all bullets / flying enemies, but right now you can't push them that easily (maybe I should consider this, based on the weapon strength).

If that's alright to ask: how do you find energy to answer to everyone? Smiley How much time do you spend on making vs telling about your game right now?
comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 11:23:04 AM »

I've been working on a boss fight today:

We've also published a demo Smiley I think the development progressing slowly, but steadily. The 22nd of august release does not seem impossible.
comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 07:06:08 AM »

Hey! We're nearing the release, so here's a new trailer!

We're mostly polishing the game now and adding last-minute content (more bonuses / power-ups / weapons).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic