Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 06:17:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesPokémon Let's Go
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pokémon Let's Go  (Read 2651 times)
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2018, 01:11:55 AM »

Hello everyone,
Just watched the reveal trailer for Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.
Is someone else around here a fan? Did you like it?
Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:38:53 AM »

I would describe myself as disappointed. It's a gimmick as far as I'm concerned.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 09:08:28 AM »

is it literally pokemon go but on your couch?
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »

Yes, I think they are experimenting for the 2019 game.
Actually I like pretty much everything I saw.
The capture mechanic is no more a simple "throw the ball", Wild pokèmon in the overworld are pretty nice too.
Of course I just want to know more XD

Will you get it?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 11:51:16 PM »

no, i dont get it
MiguelExposito
Level 0

Game Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 05:13:08 AM »

After watch the trailer, I'm very dissapointed. I was waiting the reboot in kanto/jotho but with the classic mechanics. I must to say, I don't like neither pokemon go. So, now it's time to wait for the 2019 pokemon game.
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 05:16:20 AM »

Mmm, I'm sorry to see I seem to be the only to love it Sad
Did you like Ultra Sun/Moon?
MiguelExposito
Level 0

Game Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 05:46:28 AM »

I know people who likes this games after the trailer.

Personally, I didn't play yet sun/moon or ultra sun/moon. So, I can tell you anything about theses games. The last one of Pokemon that I played, was Ruby Omega and I like it, maybe a little easy but in my opinion was a good game.
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 05:50:09 AM »

I know people who likes this games after the trailer.

Personally, I didn't play yet sun/moon or ultra sun/moon. So, I can tell you anything about theses games. The last one of Pokemon that I played, was Ruby Omega and I like it, maybe a little easy but in my opinion was a good game.

In this case my advice is to skip sun/moon and play directly ultra sun/moon. The main plot is more or less the same, but the latter has a difficulty level that is appropriate.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 05:52:34 AM »

whats are the ARG elements here
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 06:16:30 AM »

It communicates with pokemon go somehow

TheClintHennesy
Level 0

Artist working on Twinkle Torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 10:44:56 AM »

Not super hyped about it. lol

First- I don't have a Switch yet and I was planning to get it only for the next Pokemon Generation game.
Unfortunately- not gonna come out this year. Sad

I don't mind playing Pokemon Let's Go though... But ... Ugh... Sad I mean... really... Kanto again... T_T

v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 11:06:49 AM »

First- I don't have a Switch yet and I was planning to get it only for the next Pokemon Generation game.

I don't mind playing Pokemon Let's Go though... But ... Ugh... Sad I mean... really... Kanto again... T_T

Yes, I see your point. Can't wait to gen 8 Sad
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 12:35:14 PM »

People are already hacking: nstead of "pokeball" you can throw a regular stone.
TheClintHennesy
Level 0

Artist working on Twinkle Torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »

Yes, I see your point. Can't wait to gen 8 Sad

Glad SOMEONE feels the same. Sad

A few of my friends who heard of the announcement were so hyped about it. lol.

Anyways- haha. I was also thinking that the game would stray away from parts of its' Turn-based mechanic. haha. xD Not that I hate the turn-based one, but I just think the modern audience would not find it as fun. xD

DrunkardWolf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 01:36:51 PM »

I'm not too sure about it. Hate the pokemon go elements, mainly the throwing of the pokeballs. Hopefully this is optional, as I like to use my switch in handheld mode and I feel like forced joycon controls are annoying, especially if you like playing out and about, the joycon controls where my main issue with Mario Odyssey, even though they weren't mandatory.

Play my games at https://drunkardwolf.itch.io/<br />They all suck, but whatever.
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 10:55:17 AM »

I'm not too sure about it. Hate the pokemon go elements, mainly the throwing of the pokeballs. Hopefully this is optional, as I like to use my switch in handheld mode and I feel like forced joycon controls are annoying, especially if you like playing out and about, the joycon controls where my main issue with Mario Odyssey, even though they weren't mandatory.

Right. Actually I heard this title is more oriented towards a docked switch, while the 2019 title will be more handheld switch oriented
DrunkardWolf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 02:19:13 PM »

Right. Actually I heard this title is more oriented towards a docked switch, while the 2019 title will be more handheld switch oriented

I get that, but just feel that games for switch should be designed for either mode. Especially a game like Pokemon. Everything else they've shown looks like it will be fine for either docked or handheld, apart from throwing the pokeballs. It seems stupid to annoy such a large percentage of the systems user base for such a minor mechanic. Think the stats were something like 30% of users play mainly in handheld.

Play my games at https://drunkardwolf.itch.io/<br />They all suck, but whatever.
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 11:26:47 PM »

I get that, but just feel that games for switch should be designed for either mode. Especially a game like Pokemon. Everything else they've shown looks like it will be fine for either docked or handheld, apart from throwing the pokeballs. It seems stupid to annoy such a large percentage of the systems user base for such a minor mechanic. Think the stats were something like 30% of users play mainly in handheld.

Totally agree with you
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »

i wish rats would form a close bond with me when i force them to fight their friends
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic