Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:30:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralI've build a little telegram channel for Steam operated only with a bot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I've build a little telegram channel for Steam operated only with a bot  (Read 532 times)
Sengi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2018, 07:33:58 AM »

TL;DR A Link to channel to monitor Steam releases when they become available to play: https://t.me/steamanalytics

Hi, my name is Alex, I'm an indie game developer, I usually keep an eye on everything that happens on Steam, cause it's like one of the main platforms I'm targeting with my team. To win some time and focus on developing I'm trying to optimize my time on a daily routine, indie life is gorgeous, I love crunches)

One of those routines was to check a new releases, I usually checking not only noticeable releases, but a smaller one as well. So I've build this little bot that helps me with this task. He posts a new message of the game that has been released. Also it attaches a few grouped screenshots so you can preview what this game is all about. This message also includes a small description of the game, number of games already been released by this developer \ publisher.

I'm testing it for like a month and found out its a really useful tool, so I've decided to share it with community. The channel and server is not profitable for me, so I'm not advertising something for profit, just sharing with community. It is also operating mostly with a bot that don't throw out games that someone doesn't like, he just posts what he see.

It looks like this:

In terms of privacy, its only a channel, so there are no need to login to bot and stuff like that. Consider it as a RSS.

If you would like to see some more information, have some nice addition to what is already done - feel free to comment/message.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic