Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:06:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat annoys me about modern AAA titles in general
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: What annoys me about modern AAA titles in general  (Read 6792 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 03:25:19 AM »

If The Witcher was like Yakuza and you got to have sex with mythical gangsters would it be for you?
extremely doubtful.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 03:25:55 AM »

japanese games all feature completely asexual protagonists. kiryu, ryo hazuki, solid snake, ryu. they never fuck.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 01:55:29 PM »

wow, watching this new Cyberpunk 77 trailer and firing gamedesigners sure paid off for them
if thats the main character there, its a great win against sjw agenda because there was supposed to be character creation. Itll sure save resources as they model 78 higly detailed varieties of robostrippers.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:01:12 PM by Cobralad » Logged
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 02:41:28 AM »

"What annoys me about modern AAA titles in general"

Everything is now Multiplayer, another PUBG, and single player games are minimal, with less than interesting stories.

Yeah.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 03:24:40 AM »

wow, watching this new Cyberpunk 77 trailer and firing gamedesigners sure paid off for them
if thats the main character there, its a great win against sjw agenda because there was supposed to be character creation. Itll sure save resources as they model 78 higly detailed varieties of robostrippers.
According to journalists who are naturally a part of the sjw agenda, in the press only demo session character creation was shown off.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 04:18:04 AM »

Everything is now Multiplayer, another PUBG, and single player games are minimal, with less than interesting stories.
Hello friend, have you heard the good word about the Yakuza computer game?
litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 05:23:02 AM »

The thing that annoys me in most AAA titles is the same thing that annoys me in big budget movies - "Style over substance".

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2018, 08:10:20 AM »

According to journalists who are naturally a part of the sjw agenda, in the press only demo session character creation was shown off.
I need to apologise then. I think they may be going with prewritten personality who is cool guy/female who likes to fuck though.
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2018, 08:41:49 AM »

The thing that annoys me in most AAA titles is the same thing that annoys me in big budget movies - "Style over substance".

Big budget movies have well written alternatives - big budget TV series. Don't go to cinema, it's just tech demos.

litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »

That's why TV shows mostly don't annoy me.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 10:18:07 AM »

I need to apologise then. I think they may be going with prewritten personality who is cool guy/female who likes to fuck though.
i'm a cool guy who likes to fuck and take it from me, i wouldnt be caught dead near anything called "cyberpunk 77"
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 04:38:41 PM »

If what I've been told about CP2020 is true then that's the only personality type available.

I wonder if the scene with the cyberlady with half a face is a stealth character creation insert. I don't know how else they'd show it without looking out of place in a trailer that is a hundred percent world building.
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2018, 07:27:01 AM »

Hello friend, have you heard the good word about the Yakuza computer game?
Keep fighting the good fight, my brother, while I save to get a computer able to meet the minimum requirements.

Yeah.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2018, 01:18:07 PM »

lol they cant put third checkmark like rpgs made since 1999
https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/vbqaj3/cd-projekt-red-wont-commit-to-gender-fluidity-in-cyberpunk-2077-yet

how much money on all player characters looking like zack efrons and black characters looking like weird grey white people
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2018, 01:39:21 AM »

Actually mostly, characters from futuristic/cyberpunk games all look like Adam Jensen

Yeah.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2018, 03:23:19 AM »

cyber punk is funny to me conceptually because it's fundamentally computer enthusiasts imagining a world where every body is a computer enthusiast and the whole world is fucking horrible as a result
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2018, 03:25:41 AM »

like most social groups or activists for good or ill imagine that the world would be a better place if everyone was just like them. but computer guys are like "it would be the most fucked up, shitty thing imaginable"
litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2018, 03:30:01 AM »

like most social groups or activists for good or ill imagine that the world would be a better place if everyone was just like them. but computer guys are like "it would be the most fucked up, shitty thing imaginable"

Kinda but not quite. Cyberpunk is very focused on the notion of individualism, which these "other groups" usually quell in the desire to all be the same (and thus make everything better).
Ironic really...

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2018, 02:52:17 AM »

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/7363-i-m-all-in-on-cyberpunk-2077-but-one-element-of-the-e3-demo-disappointed-me
40-year old white man reading a text, send to him from poland:
"Yo gringo where are the fuck yankees"
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2018, 07:50:28 PM »

Funnily the guys who defined cyberpunk aesthetics never had touch a computer when he wrote it ..

Also the sjw agenda of CR project, a white polish company, was to parade and let talk a black dev who created the entire world...

Meanwhile "virtue signaling" american pretend they like black people by putting them in games where they are antagonist and violent at every opportunity, then killed by the main hero or have a meek ending because they couldn't get away with it this time, and if the hero is black, he will have a token black friend (that makes 2 black people in the game! progressive point!) die horribly while having bad metaphor for civil right with cartoon racist who are shown doing nothing to black, and there will be scene that talk down (if not directly choke up for insulting a white person due to race suspicion) the black hero if he is too on the nose about racism anyway (because both side right), also they try really hard to not let black dev speak too much on their documentary about the game, only as a feel good consultant to show how much they get it.

Also while they had sex collection in witcher 1, they actually listen what feminist where saying (ie make better sex) and didn't remove sex but making it more respectful with consent (also sex on stuffed unicorn is barely a male fantasy unless your a brony clopper) and they also had great support women character who didn't exist just for the man and wasn't damsel.

Who, Me?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic