Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:53:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsExploration Experience (Project 3, 2018)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Exploration Experience (Project 3, 2018)  (Read 2787 times)
HuvaaKoodia
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »

Finally had time to edit the video. Realized that Shotcut and .ts don't go well together. Will change to another recording format in the future.

Did some research on UV and blender plugins. Learned a handful of new tricks including uv weight map view, vertex snapping, proportional editing, quick quad view, and live unwrapping, to name a few off the top of my head. Not that helpful with the type of massive objects I'd like to make. I'll just have to keep the models simple and put most of the effort into the textures.

There's a built-in architecture blugin called archimesh, which has a pretty useful stair generator at least. The other bits aren't going to help me too much. Will try a boolean carving workflow with some handmade meshes here and there.

Unsure about the upcoming week, but excited and energetic at the same time! Getting a new chance to try out the one-world-a-week plan.

Cheers!
HuvaaKoodia
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 01:50:41 PM »

Despite my earlier optimism I've decided to cancel this project.

I realized that there was no way for me to be able to pull off high fidelity 3D graphics, suitable for the first person view, in three weeks for three different worlds. For starters I'd need a lot of practise to get even one of the worlds to live up to my standards and that is not enough content for a commercial project.

I made a demo of the incomplete first world though. Try it here.

Additionally I finally got around to making the input system repository I've been talking about. I won't be expanding it for the next two projects, as they don't need any more features, so now is as good a time as any.

Project 4 starts tomorrow with a design stream as usual.

Cheers...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:48:34 PM by HuvaaKoodia » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic