Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:58:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLast console generation?
Poll
Question: Will there be just one more console generation?
Yes
No
I don't know

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Last console generation?  (Read 5460 times)
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 08:14:28 AM »

On steam every christmas, easter, summer sale, mother's day, gabe's birthday, holy ghost day... basically, most of the time :D

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 08:03:45 PM »

You don't need better internet, you need a good tech hack
1. leverage gpu to create a low frequency image rendering (ie low on image details)
2. render the scene on server in high image details
3. substract the high details from the low details (hipass filter) on server
4. compress the substraction that has a lower data footprint
5. send the compressed quanticized difference on internet for 1mb vs 12mb for a mp4 HD60fps
6. make the client recreate the cheap low frequency image in low rez
7. add the difference hi freq image
8. compensate latency with markov/AI inference of input server side.

But I wonder if it wouldn't be better to just use deep AI Hi detail reconstruction from the low rez buffer, it's a thing that is already happening on mobile camera. No need to render on server, to deal with net latency or have hi GPU

TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 12:42:55 PM »

Keeping everything in the cloud is a no no

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
haanuman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 04:28:54 AM »

Although I am not into consoles that much but I don't think there is going to be only one more gen Tongue
Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 10:53:53 AM »

Mainframes and terminals are the way of the future.
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 08:54:08 PM »

most internet in the US is lucky if you can do 480p with buffering, anyone who thinks everything is moving to streaming soon is either on crack or SERIOUSLY betting on 5g tech.

Besides, controls are laggy enough with steam in-home streaming, can't imagine playing some types of games with even more input lag than that....

-Fuzzy Spider
JonathanAlves
Level 0

I love to spend my free time playing online games.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 01:52:34 AM »

We can have next generation console for sure. I don’t think it is the last generation console. Because with the time everything gets changed, the more changes we gets going to continue us or lead to a new generation. It need to include various factors like less hardware device at home, new ways to play the game, internet speed , even accessibility and the player limit also do matter.
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 10:22:13 AM »

Internet where I am is FAR too shitty to stream games, and it's likely to be that way for a while.

Josewhalez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 09:52:25 PM »

Nah, I doubt it. As another member stated above not everyone has an internet connection that plays video games and even if they do not everyone connects their consoles online in order to play. Some people like to stick with the old school style of just putting their CD in and running the game.

<- Jose the great
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 08:19:01 AM »

It will be the last one for me.

Yeah.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »

mobile is the new console

gloven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2018, 09:08:18 AM »

Yep, i believe it will be so. By the time next gen consoles come out, VR tech will have more implementation in practical use, and by the time the next thing comes we will play games like Cyberpunk 2077 wearing VR headsets and streaming our thoughts as far as i know. If you can dream it, you can achieve it  Well, hello there!
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »

If you want to play "future watcher", let's use a word that will be the future buzzword: "lightfield image and video" You heard it here first.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2018, 06:17:29 AM »

the last console generation included the Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii. two pages and no one has mentioned this. EPIC. FAIL.  Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm
Reflox
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2018, 06:22:33 AM »

We are beating around the bush, hey it wouldn't be that fun if the answer was straight  Concerned

I like this feminine abstract approach to answering questions, round and round, exploring different alternatives, and finally, after 2 years this thread would receive the answer, but now..

by the way, the best marketing trick is to tell that something is "the last".  The last concert, the last album, the last game, the last movie.  It is true, it's the last, but not necessarily "THE LAST" hehe
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2018, 07:57:12 AM »

the final fantasy

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2018, 08:17:39 AM »

final fanta assy

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2018, 04:09:39 PM »

As long as there will be gamers, there will be consoles. It is really as simple as that.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
BoulignyGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »

Haha people have been claiming things like this for years. Its just like trying to pick stocks. It'll go up when it's ready to go up and down when its ready to go down.

PLUS THIS
As long as there will be gamers, there will be consoles. It is really as simple as that.
AND
Hope everyone is 100% aware that the purpose of a public statement, especially a "prediction", by a CEO is to direct investor money and isn't necessarily based on or relevant to objective reality
Markets are wonderful I love them.

Marylle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2018, 06:33:50 AM »

We can see how Elon Musk make the investors jump up and down with every word and claim he says. It's just the latest example i can think of right now and you're totally right lol.

Especially when they talk about the future... i remember when they introduced windows 10 and the selling point was their new VR and ability to play minecraft with microsoft glasses around your room, and that somehow had to touch the windows 10 hype, but nothing of that really happend as far as i am aware of. Change comes slowly, but they make it seem that it's just around the corner.  Giggle
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic