Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:55:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Plate Armor
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Plate Armor  (Read 1415 times)
ben3d
Level 0

3d models

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »

Link

pulse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 02:27:16 AM »

Looks good, however if I may add some criticism - the gloves/hands are too big, arms seem too tiny, helmet has too wide an opening and I'm not sure that shape would work, the arrow protruding from the middle of the armor seems out of place (kinda interesting but at the same time jarring), and nipples don't require individual armor.

These are just my observations though, I'm not an expert in any way. Smiley Overall looks cool!
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 05:54:32 AM »

It looks good! Are you trying to do something between realistic and cartoon style? Some proportions seems modified voluntarily (the hands, head/body proportions).

Games:

Wilson Saunders
Level 5

Nobody suspects the hamster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 03:39:08 PM »

Two minor criticism:
The conical things near the armpit I think are called "Shoulder Roundels." They are most often concave with the rim further away from the body than the center. They exist to catch a stab that would have penetrated the gap between the pauldron (shoulder armor) and the breast plate. Yours are convex meaning a stab could deflect from the Rondel into the unprotected armpit.

The helmet visor holes are also a little too big. If my reading of history is correct The visor was down mostly to protect the soldier from arrows and would be lifted or discarded for better visibility during melee combat. You could do with swapping the vertical slits for small holes since the only thing the soldier needs holes there for is breathing and shouting.

Other than that it looks fantastic.

Play my games at http://monkeydev.com/
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 12:26:30 AM »

In defence of bend3d, probably the asset was created with a more original style that do not necessarily needs to be compared with a real armor. Look at what Sora uses as a blade in Kingdom Hearts, or the pistols on the shoes of Bayonetta.

Games:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic