Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:25:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesbuy Yakuza 0 on pc or be put to the sword
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Author Topic: buy Yakuza 0 on pc or be put to the sword  (Read 15083 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 08:43:02 AM »

Thank you for your tip, would have missed the release otherwise. Bought it and have been enjoying it a lot. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 10:37:44 AM »

No, thank you. I have reached at least one soul and this heartens me. Please enjoy.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 04:41:57 PM »

my computer doesn't run it, no radeon r2 graphics will ever

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 09:17:05 AM »

my computer doesn't run it, no radeon r2 graphics will ever
sorry for your loss
cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2018, 10:36:32 PM »

im about 8 hours into kiwami and it is not as good as 0

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2018, 10:22:13 AM »

im about 8 hours into kiwami and it is not as good as 0
yah. yakuza 0 is perhaps the best game ive ever played and yakuza kiwami is a game ive played.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2018, 06:10:38 AM »

Finished Yakuza 0 main story a couple days ago. Will probably try to find some more substories later.

Anyway, this game was really really good. It seemed fun when I heard it but the humor and interesting writing really blew me away. What is the next Yakuza game I should play? I heard Kiwami is not as good, but I guess I'll get it when it will be released on PC. How about other games thought? I have PS4, so would it be a bad idea to play lets say Kiwami 2 before Kiwami or some other entries?

cynicalsandel
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2018, 06:33:14 AM »

yakuza kiwami is remake of the first game, and kiwami 2 is a remake of the second, with 0 being a prequel to the entire series. it sorta makes sense to play kiwami before kiwami 2, but im not gonna tell you what to do even tho kiwami is way inferior to 0

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2018, 06:44:14 AM »

This thread (among other things) finally has me convinced... I'm gonna pick up Yakuza 0 the next time I see it.

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »

Holy shit, it's a "Playstation Hits" title! Well, !@#$ waiting then.

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2018, 07:59:33 AM »

yakuza kiwami is remake of the first game, and kiwami 2 is a remake of the second, with 0 being a prequel to the entire series. it sorta makes sense to play kiwami before kiwami 2, but im not gonna tell you what to do even tho kiwami is way inferior to 0

Ah, Kiwami 2 is remake too? I suppose it would make sense chronologically to play Kiwami next but is there any other options?

Janionano
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2018, 09:23:29 AM »

Ah, Kiwami 2 is remake too? I suppose it would make sense chronologically to play Kiwami next but is there any other options?

Kiwami 2 is a remake too. But the first Kiwami was made in the engine of Zero, and the second one in the Yakuza 6 engine, which is better. Currently, I'm playing Kiwami 2.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »

the games are generally pretty well self contained and generally contain summaries of what you need to know for context. for example yakuza 2 is set a year after the first game and theres a prompt that says "Remember the events of last year?" and if you choose yes it will play a little movie summarising the events of the first game. HOWEVER, playing any game but kiwami or kiwami 2 at this point would spoil a plot point in the first game because of a term of address used for kiryu.

kiwami is basically like dlc. it's got some moments of fun but doesn't bring much new to the table from 0 and it can be a bit of a come down. i spent like 80 hours in 0 and 15 or 16 in kiwami, not because there's a lack of content, just because outside of the substories the minigames etc are the same and i just wanted to get through the story because if i wanted to just do yakuza stuff then i'd rather play 0.

even though i'm pretty hard on it and feel like it should have one of those old cartoon style Racism Warnings but for bad writing and bosses, i would recommend you play kiwami next. after that, you could play kiwami 2 or 6 and either would be a great choice.
kingdomslayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2018, 07:17:23 AM »

I see a lot of people playing yakuza and I think that the gameplay is really good. I wanna have it but I'll maybe wait for the next sale Sad
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 11:02:01 AM »

play shenmue instead, yakuza is the adhd version of that.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 11:45:15 AM »

shenmue and yakuza are nothing alike outside of being in japan and having wholly asexual protagonists
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2018, 11:57:51 AM »

The only thing that change between the two is the pacing, both have open world, mini game, fighting and revenge plot in a mission structure.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2018, 01:23:46 PM »

The only thing that change between the two is the pacing, both have open world, mini game, fighting and revenge plot in a mission structure.
have you played a shenmue game or a yakuza game
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »

I played all shenmue game, I still have the 4th disc with all the bio of character, I'm also known as shenmueMaster972, because all martinican need to have 972 somewhere in their name to share the pride of coming from a small island white people poisoned with kepone for greed. Brb Going to die from prostate cancer playing forklift simulator.

/RANDOMwtf

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2018, 10:55:26 PM »

ok so you havent played yakuza. metal gear solid is basically adhd leisure suit larry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic