Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1341052 Posts in 61274 Topics- by 52797 Members - Latest Member: cattt

June 23, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBomber Barn
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bomber Barn  (Read 313 times)
larrylateleaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:26:25 AM »

Hello! My name is Larry, and this kicks off the devlog for an upcoming game called Bomber Barn, developed by me and my brother Terry under the name Late Leaf Games.

Bomber Barn is Bomberman but better! In Bomber Barn, cuddly farm animals bomb each other and try to get an edge using special abilities. Our vision is to build a versatile local multiplayer experience that ties in both endless battling as well as an engaging story mode. PC/Mac is the initial target platform.

Gameplay

The battle mode will come in various game modes, old and new (floor coloring/territory, knockout, timed survival, etc.) across multiple levels, carefully designed around the various characters' play styles. Our approach is a minimalist one that aims to strip out of most of the bloat from past games (we're starting with only 3 items) that satisfies both competitive and casual players.

In turn, the story mode will consist of challenging boss fights, some creative puzzles, and strategic gameplay, rather than world exploration.

Alpha Build for Feedback

As of June 2018, we’re very close to the private alpha build, which will include all 4 playable characters and 4 starting maps for battle mode. Early feedback is very important. That’s why we’re inviting you all as playtesters! Your opinions are really important to us because your experience will help us solidify the game's fundamentals.

Stay tuned!

Late Leaf Games
Twitter | Website
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 12:49:00 AM »

lol nice!
Really interested in this game. Good luck!
Jesse Ko
Level 1

L7 Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 05:10:49 AM »

I loved the old Bomberman games, though they've released quite a few over the years. What Bomberman would you say Bomber Barn is most similar to?

terrylateleaf
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 05:23:59 AM »

Hey, Terry here. I'm the other brother at Late Leaf Games.

lol nice!

I'm glad you're interested, definitely stay tuned! We have lots of exciting things planned for Bomber Barn  Grin

Curious? Follow @LateLeafGames or subscribe to this thread!
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 05:59:48 AM »

Hey, Terry here. I'm the other brother at Late Leaf Games.

lol nice!

I'm glad you're interested, definitely stay tuned! We have lots of exciting things planned for Bomber Barn  Grin

Got it!
larrylateleaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 06:48:54 AM »

I loved the old Bomberman games, though they've released quite a few over the years. What Bomberman would you say Bomber Barn is most similar to?

Although I didn't play much of it personally growing up, I'd say it's closest to Bomberman Generations (GameCube), because it's 3D, has responsive 4-direction movement for the battle modes, and comes with a story mode featuring boss fights and puzzles.

That said, hopefully it incorporates all the best elements from the old games while leaving behind the worst Wink

Late Leaf Games
Twitter | Website
larrylateleaf
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 06:15:45 AM »

Bomber Barn v0.1.1 build 3

The basic Battle mode is now available to test drive!

Download Sign-Up Page

We now have a downloadable build for you to play a few matches with at least one other friend (local multiplayer only) and give us your feedback. Right now you need at least 2 players/controllers to start a game. Playing against the computer (and a practice mode) is coming soon!

Note that most art assets (the environment, particle effects, etc.) are temporary. We're primarily focusing on the core gameplay right now Smiley

Controls - Gamepad:
A (bottom button): Drop Bomb / Confirm (menu)
B (right button): Use Active Ability / Cancel (menu)

Passive abilities are "always on" (think perks), while Active abilities are used at will. Actives have varying cooldown periods, so time them wisely.

Characters
1. Chuckin' Chicken
Passive Ability: "Cook" bombs by holding down the Drop Bomb button. These will have a shorter fuse!
Active Ability: Throw up to three bombs ahead of you, as long as nothing is blocking the way.

2. Quick Cat
Passive Ability: Start off moving faster than everybody else.
Active Ability: Start sprinting extra fast for a few seconds, limited to dropping only one bomb.

3. Dojo Donkey
Passive Ability: Kick nearby bombs away by moving into them.
Active Ability: Spin around quickly, kicking away all immediately adjacent bobms.

4. Timid Turtle
Passive Ability: You cannot be harmed by your own bombs.
Active Ability: Withdraw into your shell for a few seconds, temporarily immune to any flames.

v0.1.1 build 3 screenshots

Here's a GIF showcasing the Turtle's "Withdraw" ability, used to counter a near-certain death at the hands of Chuckin' Chicken's sneaky toss:

A few more screenshots:

Download Sign-Up Page

Late Leaf Games
Twitter | Website
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic