Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:01:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVerbal Void - RPG, BEAT 'EM UP
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Verbal Void - RPG, BEAT 'EM UP  (Read 8490 times)
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« on: June 18, 2018, 06:30:53 AM »

Verbal Void is a 2D Action, BEAT ‘EM UP, RPG that focuses on exploring the Autism Spectrum and Neurodiversity. Set in a small town on an island far far away, that’s fallen into disrepair and despair. It’s up to three young kids to solve a decade-long mystery and discover more about themselves in the process. Along the way, they will meet a range of characters, each dealing with their own little part of the world. It's up to you to solve, help and restore this town from far away.

----- WISHLIST ON STEAM! -----

---- ABOUT ----
Verbal Void uses a range of innovative gameplay mechanics to put you in the shoes of these young adventures. It uses a range of visual, audio, and gameplay cues, that will guide you through the world. Some of these are:

-- Conversation battles --

Talk and interact with characters through an RPG-styled battle. Where you can choose non-verbal, verbal, or books to create messages that you then ask people.

-- Meltdown battles --

Face your fears and darkest emotions, by beating up monsters that represent these feelings. In the process, defeating the negative emotions that have once ruled over you.

-- Character selection --

Play as 3 characters throughout your adventure. You can change between them at any time. Get to see how they interact with the world. How do they see it?

An Aspie Life Beginnings is being developed for PCs and in the future hopefully switch and consoles. Join our discord to stay tuned!
http://discord.gg/h3vcqpH

---- Links ----

Game on steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1713980

OG Game on steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/786410/An_Aspie_Life/

Twitter https://twitter.com/VerbalVoid

FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/VerbalVoid/

Website verbalvoidgame.com

Love some feedback, would really appreciate it!  Grin Hand Joystick
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 05:17:33 AM by EnderLost Studios » Logged
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »

Hey there once again for #screenshotstatudray

This week I've been doing more work on the menus. The aim is to make a clean and simple menu system with a lot of functions.

As you can see, the diary is now located in the Main menu. As well as a few new functions.

Nothing too amazing. But this needs to be done before we can start the 'good' stuff.

See you next week!

EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 11:57:34 PM »

New wallpaper, This took me ages to do, but i'm happy with how it turned out
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 06:45:20 AM »

I'm into it! Bookmarking An Aspie Life to play sometime soon.

EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 06:46:39 PM »

Thanks, an early test demo will be out in a few weeks. Just to test the gameplay.
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 05:57:44 AM »

Updated the UI from vector graphics to pixel art. You can see the one UI design in the Party screen. Still, need to find some better fonts. What do you think?

EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 05:02:29 AM »

I'm late to the #screenshotsaturday party this week!

Well the UI is coming along nicely, I've updated the UI from vector graphics to Pixel art and the result is clear as day.

That's basically all did last week, as it involved redoing the whole UI for the 4th time.

Anyway, see ya next week!     

https://twitter.com/mebradhen/status/1018480022955253762
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 04:30:08 AM »

https://twitter.com/mebradhen/status/1022456721552289792

A lot of work in the back end. As you can see character's stopping has been updated, achievements added, money and weekday and finally update bar.

EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 03:46:05 AM »

I'm going to be early to #screenshotsaturday this week not LATE!
This week it was all about the title screen, It still needs a little work but this is it for the most part!
The forced perspective 3D was difficult to implement, but I got it working!

Again next Saturday I'll be at Game On Festival 2018 - GO423 at the Brisbane Powerhouse. Come say high! https://www.facebook.com/events/1092797500861318/

Well, see ya next week!
https://twitter.com/EnderLostStudio/status/1027882470501302272

EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 05:12:41 AM »

AI has been updated with path finding, characters now can find there way on their own!

https://twitter.com/mebradhen/status/1031833685622845441
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 07:12:18 PM »

HEY THERE, people, it’s #screenshotsaturday time again!

Wow, the last few weeks have been hectic, Uni, Go4203 and Young ICT. I can hardly keep up!

Even with all this going on I have been working slowly on the game. The characters now have path following AI, correct collision boxes/checking and I’m now working on the game settings.

The development of this game is taking a lot longer than I first thought, but so far it’s looking really cool!

See ya next time!

Bradley
Enderlost studios

https://twitter.com/EnderLostStudio/status/1035726866873634818
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 12:11:14 AM »

It’s a new week, Oh my! Another #screenshotsaturday.
This week I have some fantastic news to share with you.  AN ASPIE LIFE will be at PAX AUS this year! As part of a new exhibition called NEXT.

Considering this I have developed a new trailer for PAX Aus.
As the beginnings, there has been some new features added and I’m still working on it. But I will tell you more about that next week.  What I’m currently working on should be done by then, it’s really cool.

Well See you next week!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 03:34:14 AM by EnderLost Studios » Logged
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2018, 03:30:59 AM »

It’s been a while, like 2 weeks I think? Well, I haven’t been doing nothing! In that time, I’ve been working on the RPG battles. The good news is the systems are almost done and it’s onto the fun stuff…

Coding and drawing all the battle move and a few monsters! This is where things get really creative!

The JRPG battles in An Aspie Life Beginnings will focus around elemental powers. Each character has their own element, and this will be the focus of their power. It’s a pretty common RPG system. But to spice things up a bit, I’m adding a system called SPEED BOOST!

SPEED BOOST! Can be achieved by letting the turn timer energise 2 times without doing any attach. SPEED BOOST! will increase the attack damage you can deal to enemies. But in that time, you have to wait, you might get attached at by an enemy.

There are also a few more small tweaks to make combat interesting and fun but still simple to pick up and play.

In music in the video below is only a placeholder by the way.

Well, see you guys next week!

Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2018, 05:47:21 AM »

the pixel art is great. Even if you use different type of views in the same screen
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 01:43:44 PM »

Thank you, I hope to make a good JRPG
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 10:49:51 PM »

Hello there once again!

A little late to #screenshotsaturday this week. But I wanted to finish what I was working on. Probably not the greatest idea, (now I’m behind on Uni work ☹).

Anyway, this week has brought some of the greatest improvements to the JRPG battles. We now have enemy’s that can fire at you… and make you lose EP points.  I’ve also added fainting animations for each character when those points = 0.

I’ve also conducted a lot of work behind the scenes getting systems ready for the major attacks.

Well see you guys next week!     
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 03:28:52 AM »

Cave Story
Hey there guys!

I’m off to PAX Aus tomorrow to show off An Aspie Life as part of the NEXT exhibition. If anyone is going to Pax AUS I hope to see you there!
Anyway, onto the game!

Over the last 2 weeks, I have been working on the game’s RPG combat. Right now, I’m working on the ‘moods’ that can occur in battle. These are confusion, sleeping and possession. Confusion will cause the character to attach other allies. Sleeping will make the character fall asleep, unable to attach. And finally, possession is sort of the same as confusion but, there is no chance of them attaching the enemy while possessed.

I’ve got a list of everything else that needs to be implemented… and it’s very long.

Anyway, I hope to see some people at PAX AUS!
See you next week!
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 05:45:02 AM »

Oh man! It’s about time you did another ‘late’ #screenshotsaturday! Well, here I am once again bringing the news in new content!

Over the last 2 weeks, I have been working on a lot of behind the scenes code, stuff that will help me in the future. But as you can see in the video, you can now fail a battle or claim victory.

I’m very happy with how the result screens turned out, and they look clean and simple but still give you the right amount of information.  
Outside of that not much more to report on. As I said a lot of it is in the back end, controls etc.

Anyway, see yeah next week!

EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 12:38:26 AM »

Well this week I’ve made some major improvements to the game. Items now work during battles, something that I’ve been trying to get to work for a while now. But here they are all with their own animations and ‘effects’.

From here I’m going to work on the magic attacks and major attacks. This is going to be tedious with HOW much animation I’m going to have to do, but it must be done.

Any thoughts on the items and their animations?  

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:27:49 AM by EnderLost Studios » Logged
EnderLost Studios
Level 0

One Pixel AT A Time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2018, 10:54:30 PM »

Hey there again!

This week as been really productive in the development of the new game. Last week I finally got most of the ground work done in the JRPG battles.  So, this week I’ve been messing around with adding new attacks!
There is still a lot more to go, now with these attacks I can start to balance some of the gameplay. One step closer to releasing an early build.
But hey, what do you think about them?

On another note, a reminder that An Aspie life has been nominated in the Australian Game Awards for Australian developed game! If you want to vote, get it in fast!  https://www.australiangamesawards.com/vote/australian-developed-game-of-the-year/

Well see ya all next week!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic