Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:39:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsUnity C# Programmer looking for small project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unity C# Programmer looking for small project  (Read 593 times)
whistlerat
Level 1

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2018, 01:07:20 AM »

Edit: I am now likely to be busy for a while. I'll bump this thread should I feel like I have time to offer again!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

This is a bit of an unusual post because I don't have a project in mind - I want to work on yours.

My motivation is to get into paid freelance Unity work, but I want finished projects in my portfolio first. I'm working on my own projects, but my #1 biggest weakness, and what slows me down the most, is adding content. I'm very comfortable with building systems, game mechanics, and code in general. I also like general game design, I just struggle when it comes to filling the worlds I create with actual stuff and then balancing it. I'm practising, but right now I know where my strengths are and those are what I want to offer.

I want to partner with someone/a team who can cover art, sound and the content (level building/balancing/etc). I don't mind if the game is intended to be free or rev-share, so long as it isn't expected to take a long time to make; I'm interested in smaller, quick projects. If it's possible for me to do something like make a bespoke Unity framework for your team to then use (and then for myself to support and improve as needed) then that would be interesting to me too. I would prefer new projects so I can work from scratch, but if you have an existing game-in-progress with an empty programmer spot, then I'm open to that too.

I use git and source control, and would prefer to use kanban, but I'm flexible to work however you/your team is comfortable. I work part-time so that I can dedicate more of my waking hours to my own personal projects while also being able to afford to live, so I can probably promise around least 1-2 full days a week to your project.

My projects on TIG:
Monstrus Monstrus - a monster-breeding sim, currently put on hold as I level-up my content-making skills, since I have spent a LOT of time making and tweaking systems and not enough actually putting stuff in it.
ERR?R C?DE - a failed jam game that was WAY  over a sensible scope for what we could achieve at the time, and while I'm super proud of what we made and what it could have been, we decided to can it. Still learned a ton, and I wrote a LOT of working code over that initial weekend.
Incrementile - a resource management/building framework that I made over 3 weeks. This one utilised my strengths perfectly because I was totally focused on the systems and the mechanics. I'm currently in the process of actually making a small game using it, which is going a lot slower because I agonise over the details and balancing and narrative and all that stuff. The actual framework is proving pretty nice to use, though.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM Smiley
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:37:37 PM by whistlerat » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic