Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:37:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsForeign Planet - Game 2d Action Robotic Suit
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Foreign Planet - Game 2d Action Robotic Suit  (Read 9473 times)
NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2020, 04:30:44 AM »

Migrate from actionscript to java

Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I published something on the page, this because I did not have time to continue advancing in my project.
Also, I realized that programming in "ActionScript 2" was limiting me, for this reason I had to change to another development platform, I found the "Java" language which seemed to me a more robust and cross-platform programming language is exactly what I was looking for.
Now the problem is I am very slow to learn hehe, that's why I did not load anything at this time, until now I understood how it works.
I will upload the progress of the project whenever I can, maybe it will take a while, I am too slow to learn Cry Cry Cry
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 01:12:29 PM by NajibSG » Logged

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 11:19:55 PM »

FP:Tile Scalene Collision

The detection of a square tile is not complicated since they only measure the distance between the player and the object.

Object A position is at 5 on a Cartesian plane X axis
Object B position is at 8 on a Cartesian plane X axis

At the time that "A" their position has been greater than that of "B" then there will be a collision.

But with a scalene it is a little different, since the player will not only detect the tile, it will have to rise above it in some cases.
////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////
push1 = (int) ((this.tempx + this.PLAYER_WIDTH)
push2 = (int) ((temptileY + Constants.TILE) - (this.positionY + HIGH_PLAYER));

if ((push1 + this.speed)> Constants.TILE)
{
this.tempy = this.positionY - (Constants.TILE - push2);
this.tempx = this.tempx + (Constants.TILE - push1);
}
////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////
This will allow us to upload a scalene type tile since detecting it should allow us to traverse it and at the same time raise ourselves creating the effect that we climb a slope.

"Constantes.TILE" is the volume of the created tile.
"this.positionX" is the position that our player is currently in.
"this.positionY" is the position that our player is currently in.
"this.speed" is the speed at which the player advances.
"this.tempx" is the player's temporary position, this is to perform calculations without affecting positionX until confirming that everything is correct, then the data from this.tempx is passed to athis. positionX.

"this.tempy = this.positionY - (Constants.TILE - push2);"

The formula itself consists in that each step that the player when colliding with the scalene Tile will raise it, a certain number of pixels above, this is removed by subtracting. To this.position Y.

To give you a more accurate result it is recommended to put more conditions on it but this varies depending on what exactly you want the scalene to do with the player when colliding.

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2020, 03:07:16 PM »

FP:Mini Map

It is a miniature map that will serve to guide the player within the world and locate objects.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2020, 07:50:53 AM »

Glad to see you still work on this!

I also must say I watched the video and I totally love the fact that you added management/tactical/building elements to the game

Suggestion: I strongly advise you to add more parallax layers to the backgrounds and environments(even some trees on the front layer) to create more depth

When are you going to release it?

Also, what is your plan for a Steam release?

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2020, 05:50:28 PM »

hehe thanks I'm still missing a lot, I'm not even 10% of what I want T-T.
Actually I already have the AI ​​of the bots (They are still a very decent level, to give them a decent battle).
Item system like weapons and items are at 50%.

Glad to see you still work on this!

I also must say I watched the video and I totally love the fact that you added management/tactical/building elements to the game

Suggestion: I strongly advise you to add more parallax layers to the backgrounds and environments(even some trees on the front layer) to create more depth

When are you going to release it?

Also, what is your plan for a Steam release?

I also plan to add that, but later it came to my mind, since I want this to be multiplayer and I still have not fully mastered the concept of Host and port for the online multiplayer.
So I plan to do it in split screen, local multiplayer for that I need to work in the Vcam (virtual camera) for player 1, 2, 3 and 4.
For that I must also add that I can recognize then Gamepad, this is precisely what is consuming the most XD.
I did not think that a java gamepad was difficult T-T, the Vcam must do it so that when dividing the screen it divides it in an equal way.

The gamepad and the vcam are the most things that are consuming me time to develop, but I have to do it first so that the rest can go well.

Quarantine is giving me time to advance my game: /
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 12:41:28 AM by NajibSG » Logged

ternbasedcombat
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 09:54:47 AM »

Hey man!

This game looks super fun! I dig the old school retro vibe!

I hear that you have music, but I think I could be helpful in that department!

Let me know if I could write a track for you!

TM
NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2020, 12:39:02 AM »

FP:BackPack

The item backpack was created, it will have 2 types that are the backpack that collects items and the backpack to fly.
For robots I will add more backpacks as the game goes over them, but first add these to test how it looks

Hey man!

This game looks super fun! I dig the old school retro vibe!

I hear that you have music, but I think I could be helpful in that department!

Let me know if I could write a track for you!

TM

I'm glad you like the game and encourages me to keep moving forward Smiley
Regarding music, I am trying to leave it almost to the last when I have at least 70% of the game done.

Although at the rate I'm going, it will take a long time to get there since I'm doing the game alone and I don't have much time to advance  Cry.

But at least it gives me time to go looking and polishing any errors that the game has Smiley

https://www.deviantart.com/najibsg

https://es-la.facebook.com/SamayGame/

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 11:20:54 AM »

FP:Test Split Screen

It was decided to test if the game can support split screen, result that if it can.
The code itself is not difficult:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Imagen = paleta[Integer.parseInt(cadenaBidimensional[y][x ])].obtenerImagen();
imagenActual2 = Imagen;

if(temptileX + Constantes.LADO_TILE >= auxVcamLimiteX)
{
   int valoraux = (temptileX + Constantes.LADO_TILE) - auxVcamLimiteX;
   auxAnchoFBR  = Constantes.LADO_TILE - valoraux;

if(auxAnchoFBR >= 1) //Si el ancho es menor que la imagen a crear saldra un error.
  {
    imagenActual2 = Imagen.getSubimage(0, 0,auxAnchoFBR, 16);//Para el lado contrario esta bien
  }
}
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Imagen" The palette of Sprites to draw is stored.
"imagenActual2" It is an auxiliary variable where the Sprites palette will be stored temporarily, this is to be able to modify it when you touch the limit of the Vcam..
"Constantes.TILE" is the volume of the created tile.
"auxVcamLimiteX" limit of the Vcam (virtual camera).
"valoraux" subtracts the position of the object with the limit of the Vcam.
"auxAnchoFBR" the width to draw of the object when touching the limit of the Vcam, this creates the effect of Split Screen.

https://www.deviantart.com/najibsg

https://es-la.facebook.com/SamayGame/

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2020, 07:48:56 PM »

FP:Test Menu

This time it took me a while to publish the advance of the game, this is because when checking the Code I realized that the game was consuming too much resources
so I had to redo his code again and correct the errors.
By redoing it, I was able to improve resource consumption and structure the game form for optimal performance, giving me the following results.

Split Screen 6 screens
When redoing the code my intention was to improve it so that it supports the SplitScreen of 2 screens,
Since it supported 2 screens but consuming a lot of resources, when improving I thought it could support 4 screens
Pleasant was the surprise that it can support 6 screens without consuming much resources.

Maps Txt
The format of the maps was modified, now they are in a .txt file, which allows manipulation of the map without the need for an external program.

Vehicle
At the moment 2 vehicles that are motorcycle and car have been added, these allow the player to move faster, the robots will be added later.

Character color
The player can choose the color of her character, at the moment there are only 6 colors.

Damage
both the player and the vehicle have a life bar and shield that show the damage taken.

Death
The player when his life reaches 0 the death animation will be activated and he will disappear or revive depending on the game mode, the vehicles upon arrival
their life to 0 will explode launching a small flare that will hurt anyone nearby.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2020, 04:16:37 AM »

good progress.

Any release date for this project?

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2020, 06:19:25 PM »

at least I calculate him at the end of 2021, that is if I am fast.
But at the rate I'm going, it might take longer T-T

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2020, 02:54:51 AM »

FP:Test bot 1-Target Enemy

We proceeded to test the development of the bot, for the moment the option to aim at the target was added.

*The green square is the maximum detection area, it will serve to locate the target if it is very far away, if it is far then it will do actions such as running or jumping.

*The red square is the minimum detection area, if the target is very close it will proceed to approach slowly, sometimes it will stop for a moment to check if there is another target.

*The orange square is the collision area of the character, this will detect the collisions that the character has with the map.

At the moment they are very basic actions, since it detects a problem with the sound, it does not allow me to put background sound on the map, I will have to review that ... although I think I will continue adding more things and then I will review the sound error.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:07:14 AM by NajibSG » Logged

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 11:06:23 PM »

FP:Test bot 2-Target Enemy

The bots have improved their way of fighting a bit. If they detect a stronger enemy they will simply try to escape.
If they are stronger they will chase them.
At the moment the pilot bot cannot use the robot mount, this is because it has an error when aiming at the enemy, I will try to correct that.
In the following demonstration you should already be able to upload the bot to the robot and fight using the weapons, as well as the backpack

The sound for the combat I have not put it since it has a T-T error.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 11:14:50 AM »

I respect the fact that you did not lose motivation and you are still faithful to your project on such a big timeline.
Clearly, this is a passion project for you.

Hand Thumbs Up Left

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2021, 09:54:09 AM »

Thanks for the words brother, I really barely have time to continue with the project, in my country most of us do not have stable work so we do informal work (I am an electrician in Peru), the COVI 19 really makes it difficult  Cry.
Fortunately, I am doing the project alone so I can do it at my own pace. Wink

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2021, 08:49:40 PM »

FP:Test bot 3-Target Enemy

The I.A has the ability to detect the Robot mount, so when one is nearby it will be able to handle it and fight.
The ability to kick the Robot has been added, with this you can move another Robot away if it is too close.
Sound was added in what is the bullet and the explosion of the Robot.
The sound in the battles is not quite right yet so I will try to add some more sounds.

For the next one I think I should be adding the detection of the Joystick or Gamepad.

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2021, 04:58:35 PM »

FP:Test Controller

The option of controls was created.
In this option you can configure the connected Gamepads, the maximum number of Gamepads that will be detected are 6.
Each Gamepad can configure its own buttons.
The Gamepad axes will control the mouse pointer, in this case if you configure 6 players then there will be 6 mouse pointers.
The design is not the end, it is only provisional, it could be modified later perhaps.

The "Refresh" button will allow in case you disconnect and want to reconnect the Gamepad, this button will fulfill the search function of the Connected Gamepad.

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/SamayGame/

Deviantart:
https://najibsg.deviantart.com/

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2021, 01:14:09 AM »

FP:Test Map 3

Hello everyone, after a while I hang up the game again.
The "hard disk" was damaged so much of what I did was lost, I had to do it again (fortunately the Sprites were not lost, I am terrible drawing :/ ).

Well this is an idea of how map 3 of the game will be, I tried to be a little bigger than the other 2 above.
Leaving more open spaces to jump and run.

The sound I had to disable for some reason consumes too much FPS T-T.

The bots are still basic, at the moment they only have actions such as following the enemy and jumping if there are obstacles.

15 models of robots were added, all have the same type of speed and resistance later I will change that to be able to differentiate them.

Facebook:

Deviantart:

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2021, 07:49:33 AM »

FP:Test Map 4

Map 4 was created, it was created as a map to play in teams, but it works so well for the "deathmatch".
It is divided into 4 sections that are interconnected by a passage, being in the upper part and the lower part.
It is large enough to take time to locate the enemy if they are on the move.

Testing it, I have realized that the weapons are very long, it causes that if the bots get too close they cannot attack each other since the weapon reaches the enemy's back.

I'll have to trim those guns so that that mistake doesn't happen.

The background sound has already solved it so now all maps have sound.

I will try to use the same method for the individual sounds, the sound of bullets, the sound of the jetpack, the sound of running, etc.

Facebook:

Deviantart:

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »

Nice update, the environment from test map 4 is a lot more vibrant

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: