Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:52:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat are you listening to at the moment?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 510
Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to at the moment?  (Read 872546 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2007, 10:49:39 AM »

I just bought the new Radiohead album from their site (they are letting people set the price for the album, which I think rocks, so, I thought I would contribute). Anyways, it got me to thinking about what everyone else might be listening to. Since I have been here I haven't seen anyone post anything about what music they're listening to (except I read once that fish went to a kick ass Daft Punk show I think...).

So, what is everyone listening to right now?

btw...I don't know if Radiohead is anybody else's bag but if you are interested this is the link to their page where you can download the album for whatever amount you care to give them: http://www.inrainbows.com/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 08:25:13 AM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Tr00jg
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:10:26 AM »

Listening to all the Muse albums again.

Also some Radiohead (In Rainbows+Amnesiac), The Mars Volta, Foto Na Dans, Franz Ferdinand, Placebo and some eccentric japanes crazy-lectro Polysics.
th15
Level 0

-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 11:48:37 AM »

All along the watchtower, the version used in nBSG. And all along the watchtower, from john wesley harding.

Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 11:51:44 AM »

Mostly Muse, Thrice, The Cave Story/Final Fantasy VII remix projects, and the GOD HAND OST. Which is awesome, but for some completely inexplicable reason doesn't include the great ending song in the credits. Kind of disappointing there, but the rest of it is greatness.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 11:59:41 AM »

ive been listening to either 2 things.

A) ultra dancey french-touch electronica. lots of Kitsuné stuff. TONS of daft punk, justice, mister oizo, digitalism, etc etc.

B) old goth/post punk/shoegaze shit like joy division, sisters of mercy, the jesus and mary chain, my bloody valentine, etc etc.

so carefree and meaningless phat beats to dance the night away, or warm fuzzy walls of noise to dance alone.

th15
Level 0

-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 12:01:17 PM »

Skaldic: You mentioned that radiohead is allowing people to set the price for the album, how exactly is that working? Is there a minimum price but you can pay more or is it free and you can choose to pay?

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 12:03:10 PM »

Listening to all the Muse albums again.

Also some Radiohead (In Rainbows+Amnesiac), The Mars Volta, Foto Na Dans, Franz Ferdinand, Placebo and some eccentric japanes crazy-lectro Polysics.

POLYSICS!
YES.

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »

At the moment, I'm listening to a mix between
A)Marilyn Manson titles from most of his albums
B)Chiptunes from Balloon fight and Double Dragon 2 as well as Battletoads in Battlemaniac
C)Andrew Wk titles from all of his albums (PARTY!)

I also thrown in some classic sometime, as well as some "new wave" songs from the 80's, alternative rock from the 90's and once in a while, a couple of humoristic songs like "The lumberjack song" from the Pythons...

the_dannobot
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 12:47:35 PM »

Which is awesome, but for some completely inexplicable reason doesn't include the great ending song in the credits. Kind of disappointing there, but the rest of it is greatness.
You mean this one?
credits - english
credits - japanese

I'm currently listening to Dethklok, Bury Your Dead, WolfMother, the Fratellis, and a bunch of local stuff from Austin.  Also, my cat is a better singer than Thom Yorke.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 01:01:20 PM by the_dannobot » Logged

Dannobot on Twitter
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »

Skaldic: You mentioned that radiohead is allowing people to set the price for the album, how exactly is that working? Is there a minimum price but you can pay more or is it free and you can choose to pay?

Well, I paid 5 bucks (I thought that $5 is reasonable for an album download) but you can get it for free...

When the order page comes up just type in 0.00 and then push the pay now button and it'll take you to a page that says "We Value Your Custom. You are currently in a queue." Just wait for the red loading bar to finish and it'll take you to the registration form (you only have to give them your E-Mail address). And viola!

I think the whole "We Value Your Custom" thing is awesome, I paid them just because I thought the idea is great but I think this experiment will prove that even if the album is free people will still buy it...

Also, my cat is a better singer than Thom Yorke.

Screw that, my cat can out sing your cat any day:

:D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 01:23:26 PM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Shaheen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »

How about some last.fm?

Mine: http://www.last.fm/user/potemkhris

As of late, it's mostly been dark ambient stuff.
Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »

I bought the new Radiohead album for about $5(NZD), which isn't very much, but I may go back and pay a little more if I feel it's worth it (it certainly is, but I'm a poor student!)

Has anyone seen the world charts on last.fm? It's truly an internet phenomenon.

As for what I'm listening to right this moment: Beirut's new album - The Flying Club Cup <3

My Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/pita_magic/

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
JP
Level 0

vordhosbn brezhoneg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 02:02:50 PM »

Right now: badass chiptune album a friend pointed me to:

http://www.poponaut.de/product_info.php?products_id=3095

In general: last.fm
Xander
TIGSource Editor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 02:10:14 PM »

Why yes dannobot. Yes it is! Ta muchly!

Also listening to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann OST. HOT BLOODED IT IS!
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 02:11:36 PM »

in a big band phase atm

i love this song so much

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »

I mainly listen to alternative rock stuff that I switch between all the time with other bits and pieces thrown in for good measure.

Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Audioslave (1st album only), Marilyn Manson, The Mars Volta, Dog Fashion Disco, Mr. Bungle, a couple of Chemical Brothers songs, etc, etc = average playlist atm.

Shaheen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 02:26:10 PM »

Hey, Alec. Know of anything that's particularly similar to Cab Calloway's "Minnie the Moocher?" I've loved that song ever since I watched the Betty Boop short with it.

While on that sort of jazzy note, anyone know of anything awesome and down-tempo like

? (a bit NSFWish. animated striptease.) I really enjoy that sort of Jazz, but I can't ever decide where to begin looking. Jazz is such a large and diverse category.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »

i went to a swing dance lesson last week.
it was a spectacular trainwreck.
only solidifying my belief that i can only dance worth a damn when drunk.
(i wasnt drunk at the lesson)

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 04:02:14 PM »

they should have a slow dance at the IGF

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 04:58:09 PM »

only solidifying my belief that i can only dance worth a damn when drunk.

Hipster!!!

I've been listening to In Rainbows.  And going through Bowie vids on Youtube.

...and Alec Holowka. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 510
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic