Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:01:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat are you listening to at the moment?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 510
Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to at the moment?  (Read 883444 times)
Stij
Level 3

the world's tallest dwarf

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2007, 10:31:29 AM »

Glitch scares the crap out of me, and I don't know why. :/
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »

You were probably raised afraid of the bomb, too. After seeing Testament as a young teen, I still reflexively flop sweat anytime the Emergency Warning System tones play.

.TakaM
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2007, 12:46:02 AM »

I spent a year in NZ, does that count?
I know Hamish is from Auckland as well...
I come from NZ too!
It turns out everyone here is from New Zealand!  Shocked Haha, it's great to know that I'm definitely not the only one...
me too! Grin

and I'm listening to mos def - kalifornia
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2007, 06:10:29 AM »

http://www.webcastr.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&task=videodirectlink&id=1110

Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2007, 06:22:33 AM »

You were probably raised afraid of the bomb, too. After seeing Testament as a young teen, I still reflexively flop sweat anytime the Emergency Warning System tones play.
It's not that, it's just...dissonant sounds of any kind freak me out for some reason.

Right now I'm listening to a lot of Kraftwerk. I'm surprised, after 30-something years, that these guys have still got it. Grin It's a shame they don't get the recognition they deserve, because without them there probably wouldn't be electronic music. At all.
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2007, 07:11:22 AM »

This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, the Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PiL, the Fania All-Stars, the Bar-Kays, the Human League, the Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra, Joy Division, Lower 48, the Association, Sun Ra, Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc, Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force, Juan Atkins, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil Scott-Heron, the Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and the Fire Engines, the Swans, Soft Cell, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics...

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2007, 08:34:26 AM »

BMcC, have you heard of "The sonics"?  :D

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2007, 09:27:13 AM »

Strychnine! Everybody's favourite drink...  Smiley

Last release: sync::routine
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2007, 11:03:09 AM »

This Heat, Pere Ubu, Outsiders, Nation of Ulysses, Mars, The Trojans, The Black Dice, Todd Terry, the Germs, Section 25, Althea and Donna, Sexual Harrassment, a-ha, Pere Ubu, Dorothy Ashby, PiL, the Fania All-Stars, the Bar-Kays, the Human League, the Normal, Lou Reed, Scott Walker, Monks, Niagra, Joy Division, Lower 48, the Association, Sun Ra, Scientists, Royal Trux, 10cc, Eric B. and Rakim, Index, Basic Channel, Soulsonic Force, Juan Atkins, David Axelrod, Electric Prunes, Gil Scott-Heron, the Slits, Faust, Mantronix, Pharaoh Sanders and the Fire Engines, the Swans, Soft Cell, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics, the Sonics...

Man, there's a lot of good shit in there  Shocked

I didn't know people still listened to Pere Ubu lol...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
jjd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2007, 11:59:20 AM »

I spent a year in NZ, does that count?
I know Hamish is from Auckland as well...
I come from NZ too!
It turns out everyone here is from New Zealand!  Shocked Haha, it's great to know that I'm definitely not the only one...
me too! Grin

and I'm listening to mos def - kalifornia
Another kiwi over here -- jees, it's becoming an epidemic!
Shaheen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2007, 12:58:26 PM »

Right now I'm listening to a lot of Kraftwerk. I'm surprised, after 30-something years, that these guys have still got it. Grin It's a shame they don't get the recognition they deserve, because without them there probably wouldn't be electronic music. At all.
Eh, I'd say that without them, there probably wouldn't be modern Electro as we know it today. Electronic Music in general existed far before Kraftwerk came along.

But, don't get me wrong. They're ace!  Smiley

I've been listening to a lot of Geinoh Yamashirogumi lately. They're the group ('collective') that did the soundtrack for AKIRA.
Stij
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2007, 01:11:50 PM »

Yeah, that's true. I should've said that they popularized it. Electronic music has actually been around in one form or another since the 50's at least.

Also, BMcC's list is full of awesome.
Shaheen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »

As far back as the late 1800s, even!
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2007, 01:35:31 PM »

ipod scan:

the 5.6.7.8's, 6955, ADULT., air, angelo badalamenti, the arcade fire, arab strap, architecture in helsinki, art brut, the beach boys, the beatles, bitchee bitchee ya ya ya, blonde redhead, butthole surfers, the clientele, cocteau twins, daft punk, david bowie, dead kennedys, deerhoof, digitalism, eagles of death metal, electric light orchestra, ennio morricone, the flying lizards, the futureheads, gang of four, gary numan, grauzone, hot snakes, iggy pop, johnny cash, joy division...

gah...stopping at J.
as you can see, i am all over the place.

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2007, 04:07:32 PM »

I'm enjoying the harmony that is my CPU, motherboard, and video card fans,

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Al King
Level 1

Nobody expects...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2007, 06:34:41 PM »

Haha, 5.6.7.8s :D

Architecture is great - and Bruce Willis claims to be a fan Tongue - though I still laughed when I saw them described as 'spastically twee'. Also, I feel musically ignorant for only recognising Lou Reed and 10cc in BMcC's list (and the latter only from Snatch)  Embarrassed

Which reminds me - this is one of the best review sites I've found for 60s-80s music. For a one man job, it's pretty damn extensive.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 06:42:02 PM by KingAl » Logged
postlogic
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 06:54:19 AM »

BMcC: This Heat! Glad to see more people listening to it. I'm amazed so few have even heard of them, given the amount of bands listing them as inspiration.
-

I'm just enjoying Farmer's Market - Musikk Fra Hybridene.

No animals were harmed during the making of this post. Except one.
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »

Two Gallants, Old Time Relijun, Animal Collective, Midlake, Minus Story, Papercuts, Arcade Fire, Kent, Hotel Alexis, Ratatat, Liars, Black Eyes, Chromatics, The Coughs, Laakso, Blood Brothers, Cannibal Holocaust Soundtrack, Wolf Parade, Modest Mouse, Hot Chip, Castanets, The Islands, TV on the Radio, Junior Boys, Youth Group, Malajube, Skygreen Leopards, Impossible Shapes, Danielson, Southern Engine, The Spinto Band, Sleeping States, Shout Out Louds, Rogue Wave, Pseudosix, Fishboy, Russian Spy Camera, Klaxons, How I Became The Bomb, Shellac, Deadly Snakes, Gogogo Airheart, Great Lake Swimmers, Moving Units, Okkervil River, Kill Me Tomorrow, My Morning Jacket, The Unicorns, The Faux, Le Shok, Les Georges Leningrad, Six Finger Satellite, Arab on Radar, The Rapture, The Starvations, Red Eyed Legends, The Vanishing and Bonnie Prince Billy/Will Oldham/Palace Brothers. Probably lots more.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2007, 12:24:23 PM »

Two Gallants, Old Time Relijun, Animal Collective, Midlake, Minus Story, Papercuts, Arcade Fire, Kent, Hotel Alexis, Ratatat, Liars, Black Eyes, Chromatics, The Coughs, Laakso, Blood Brothers, Cannibal Holocaust Soundtrack, Wolf Parade, Modest Mouse, Hot Chip, Castanets, The Islands, TV on the Radio, Junior Boys, Youth Group, Malajube, Skygreen Leopards, Impossible Shapes, Danielson, Southern Engine, The Spinto Band, Sleeping States, Shout Out Louds, Rogue Wave, Pseudosix, Fishboy, Russian Spy Camera, Klaxons, How I Became The Bomb, Shellac, Deadly Snakes, Gogogo Airheart, Great Lake Swimmers, Moving Units, Okkervil River, Kill Me Tomorrow, My Morning Jacket, The Unicorns, The Faux, Le Shok, Les Georges Leningrad, Six Finger Satellite, Arab on Radar, The Rapture, The Starvations, Red Eyed Legends, The Vanishing and Bonnie Prince Billy/Will Oldham/Palace Brothers. Probably lots more.

montreal represent yo.

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2007, 01:22:16 AM »

8 Foot Sativa, Audioslave, Anthrax, Boston, Blindspott, Beck, Cradle of Filth, The D4, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dio, The Datsuns, DIE! DIE! DIE!, Dragonforce, Deftones,  Dream Theater, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Faith No More, Foo Fighters, Fear Factory, Franz Ferdinand, Gojira, Guns 'N Roses,  Godsmack, Gorillaz, Hello Sailor, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull, Katatonia, Lamb of God,  Lacuna Coil, Led Zeppelin, The Living End, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Machine Head, Machinae Supremacy, Mastodon, MC5, Megadeth, Metallica, Mindless Self Indulgence, Modest Mouse, The Mars Volta, Meshuggah, Mudvayne,  Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Oasis, The Offspring, Opeth, Pantera, Pearl Jam, A Perfect Circle, Pantera, Pink Floyd, The Prodigy, Puscifer, Queens of the Stone Age, Queensryche, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, The Ramones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rush, The Sex Pistols, Slayer, Stone Temple Pilots, Shihad, Soundgarden, Static X, Stemage, Steriogram, System of a Down, Tenacious D, Tool, Trivium, Velvet Revolver, Walls of Jericho, White Zombie, The Who, Yes, ZX Spectrum

to name but a few of the bands that I like. I own at least one CD from almost all of these bands (unless they, for example, realease a whole album for free legal download).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 510
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic