Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:35:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat are you listening to at the moment?
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 510
Print
Author Topic: What are you listening to at the moment?  (Read 881762 times)
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9780 on: May 27, 2017, 02:11:08 AM »

(cw: flashing images)

Gabber... That's the name I haven't heard in a looong time

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: May 27, 2017, 03:30:13 AM »

there was a dude in my high school who listened to gabber. he was also a neo nazi, so that colored my perception of the genre lol
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9782 on: May 28, 2017, 04:26:30 AM »

Most alternative music styles have a nazi infestation, except maybe reggae Durr...?

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: May 28, 2017, 11:59:58 AM »

Maybe not raggae but the amount of white people listening raggae and aping the culture while denigrating the people who originate it is still staggering.

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: May 28, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »

I think that is the case with just about any music anywhere. If it can be bottled up and sold to the masses someone will do it. Culture in a Bottle is an American favorite.

Also, marinate in this awesomeness:

« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:11:22 PM by JWK5 » Logged

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9785 on: May 28, 2017, 01:45:06 PM »

Maybe not raggae but the amount of white people listening raggae and aping the culture while denigrating the people who originate it is still staggering.

Wait, there really are actual white rasta racists? Wow Droop

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: May 28, 2017, 03:38:25 PM »

Wait, there really are actual white rasta racists? Wow Droop
Well if you follow enough black women, you will see there is one white girl trying to say they hold teh "raggae fashion" better than them, the thing is that black woman don't see it as fashion because that's their natural hair, you have to go a long way to do it with flat hair. Now it would be just eyerolly if it was the occasional encounter, but then you realize it's happening either at a daily or weekly basis, and now you understand why black woman become so uppity about appropriation. I mean you have to seen it to believe it, and worse, on twitter, it's THEM coming in the feed of black women to brag, it's not like there is a witch hunt at the beginning. And then they play the frail girl bullied by the nasty for something they purposefully provoke. You can see this behavior all around, people coming provoking black women preying on their insecurities, appearance, status, etc ...

The only reason I know that is because I have started a game with black women, and for authenticity I start following random very black looking women on twitter and various social media. I haven't finish shaking my head because I opened a pandora box.

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: May 28, 2017, 04:34:49 PM »

There is, also, the factor that sometimes people see something and emulate it just because they actually like it. Not everything is an attempt to steal a culture, sometimes people are just inspired by it.

Obviously, though, I am not talking about the racists appropriating a culture or whatever or people who are exploiting one.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: May 28, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »

We are only talking about people who do both Tongue

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: May 29, 2017, 01:05:29 AM »

PunFact: Skinhead Culture is intertwined with ska, rocksteady, and early reggae.

Then nazis did what they're best at: ruining things.
Fuck them

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: May 29, 2017, 01:11:35 AM »

waiting for CNN to declare reggae a hate symbol of Hitler and it creator kill it
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: May 29, 2017, 02:01:14 AM »

Yep early skinhead culture had strong ties with jamaican "rude boy" culture. They even wore black and white clothes symbolizing friendship between black and white people iirc. Unfortunately it got hijacked by nazis pretty hard.

Nazi skinheads don't listen to reggae or ska tho lol
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: May 29, 2017, 07:19:06 PM »

Yep early skinhead culture had strong ties with jamaican "rude boy" culture. They even wore black and white clothes symbolizing friendship between black and white people iirc. Unfortunately it got hijacked by nazis pretty hard.

Nazi skinheads don't listen to reggae or ska tho lol

Nazi hijacking seems to be a trend ... I mean their whole ideology is also based on hijacking other culture ...

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: May 30, 2017, 12:18:02 AM »

aping the culture

Hmmm...
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9794 on: May 30, 2017, 06:17:20 AM »

I think Romper Stomper had a lot to do with that :/

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: May 30, 2017, 07:00:08 AM »

I doubt it, the movie came out in 1992 and by then the racism link to skinheads was well-established

See for example Madness:
Early in their career, Madness were linked to skinheads; members of a British working-class subculture that the media often stereotyped as racist (although many skinheads, including the original generation, are non-racist or anti-racist). Not only was Madness, along with other 2 Tone bands, popular with skinheads, but it was said that the band members themselves were associated with the subculture.

The band's relationship with the skinheads varied at times. Barson was particularly displeased with the band's skinhead association, often finding it disappointing that so many were present at performances. Prior to becoming a full member of the band, Chas Smash had been involved in fights with skinheads at performances. In one particular incident on 18 November 1979, Madness were supported by Red Beans and Rice, who featured a black lead singer, and the band was prevented from completing the performance due to the racist chants from certain members of the skinhead filled audience. Suggs later came on stage to show his displeasure at their behaviour, but this did not stop much of the audience from Nazi saluting at the end of the show.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9796 on: May 30, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »

ya that's not even close lol. nazi skinheads started in the early 80s.
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: May 31, 2017, 02:51:28 AM »

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: May 31, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »

https://hyperduck.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-star-heroine-original-soundtrack