Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:08:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAutumn's Chorus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Autumn's Chorus  (Read 12599 times)
MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2019, 02:43:02 AM »

Hey, planning on doing a big update on combat changes soon. Currently stuck at my desk at the day job and no access to my image folder, so here's a link to a tweet showing off a couple of moves belonging to the mimic mini-boss I've being working on. It's my first go at my making a boss with multi-stage attack patterns.

It's been super duper fun to make, and I'm excited to see people fighting it at my next expo (which I'm not allowed to announce just yet):

Cheers  Beer!

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2019, 09:27:41 AM »

The wardrobe mimic looks really cool. Those rectangular shapes that appear after the mimic fires the laser out of its eye are a nice touch, reminds me of Twilight Princess for some reason.

Also, I have to congratulate you for developing Autumn's Chorus while having a day job. This whole time I was assuming you were developing it full time, given the good progress you've been making. Great job man, keep it up!

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2019, 01:42:36 PM »

The wardrobe mimic looks really cool. Those rectangular shapes that appear after the mimic fires the laser out of its eye are a nice touch, reminds me of Twilight Princess for some reason.

Also, I have to congratulate you for developing Autumn's Chorus while having a day job. This whole time I was assuming you were developing it full time, given the good progress you've been making. Great job man, keep it up!

Cheers Davi. I never got around to playing Twilight Princess as I never owned a Wii, but I can definitely see the Zelda-ness of this boss. One day!

Big compliment that you thought I was doing this full time. Thanks! Yeah it's a huge effort to say the least. I basically don't have evenings or weekends at all right now. Hoping to secure some form of funding at a point in the near future before my brain pops.

Anyhoo just stopping in to the thread to slap the screenshot saturday in this thread. Still cracking on working on new mimics for the Mimic House dungeon:

Process of toy rabbit mimic spooking shortened for your pleasure

In game this toy rabbit wakes up when your back is turned, and goes back to sleep when you face it (the magic of raycast detection). If you trigger an actual fight and hurt it enough, the tentacles burst forth. That's when things get wild.

Cheers  Beer!

MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »

Holy crumbs I've been bad at posting on social media lately. Feels like there's just no time in the day! Anyhoo I managed to wrangle two WFH days a week at my day job so that should ease things up. A lot has changed over the past five months of development and I'm keen to talk about it.

For now here's a couple of random bits I shared on Twitter recently:

Got arrows sticking in enemies properly. Take that Zombie guy!

Pretty uncool to just blame the nearest person zombie guy

And here's a sentient Iron Maiden enemy from a dungeon I've been working on.

Also uncool to stab people for being in your personal space, Iron Maiden guy

Finally, here is an AI having questionable relations with a door.

That door knew what it was getting into when it signed up

Thanks for stopping by. I will try to stop by way more often Beer!

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2019, 09:22:41 AM »

Glad to see you are still making progress Shaun!  Smiley Toast Right

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2019, 08:36:05 AM »

Cheers Davi Beer! Just popping in to post today's Screenshot Saturday on the thread. Among other things I animated these lovely caterpillar folks this week, I still need to implement their particles and hitboxes, but here are a few of their attacks:

I could never roly poly like that caterpillar. So majestic.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic