Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:11:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralgame develop software for beginner without coding
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: game develop software for beginner without coding  (Read 897 times)
kingsnorlax
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2018, 11:50:32 PM »

hey guys, masters and pros in this forum im new guy here.
just wanna ask something about software for making games, I was interested in making one.

Is there any recommended software to make game without coding / programming skills (I know it is not possible, but at least less coding/programming skills is required to do so)?

I was browsing and checking via google, web, youtube, etc about Construct, Stencyl, Unity, 001 Game Studio, AppGameKit, etc but.... well all of them is quite pricey. Is there any software that quite cheap or just pay once for a lifetime but not too expensive? cuz all them or monthly wages.

I was planning / having ideas about 2D turn based rpg game maybe mmo if possible, and playable with pc or android.
Can anyone suggest / advice me something? thanks in advance.

Note:
Sorry if this topic was already in forum, cuz im searching thru search bar and not found any
Sorry if this is misspost in wrong channel and for my bad English.

thanks  Grin
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 12:12:06 AM »

GDevelop, Tululoo

Yeah.
kingsnorlax
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:26:25 AM »

thanks for the reply!   Grin

btw
between those two which are you recommend?

thanks.
eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 01:44:58 AM »

I barely made anything with them. Can't recommend either one because of it.

I would scratch my ass, though.

Yeah.
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 05:20:00 AM »

Mmm this forum is as useful as ever.

I'm currently using Construct and it's a lot of fun to work in it. As for others, I dunno, try them out, see what you find most comfortable Smiley

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 07:07:38 AM »

What version of Construct? I had a bit of a hassle with asset management. A medium sized project was hard to manage for me.

Yeah.
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 03:02:16 PM »

Prototype was in peraonL Construct 2, but now we're buying Construct 3 business licence for a year, since it's cheaper than C2 - we just need it for this one game that has minimal programming, so why not do it drag&drop style Smiley

JollyGent
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »

MMO is a bit too ambitious to make for a beginner, as it costs quite a lot for dedicated servers( in perspective of an indie) and it's arguably quite code-intensive.

if you wanted to make a game for 2D turn based RPG, then RPG maker is actually perfect for those types of games as the infrastructure they provide is used for making 2D turn based RPGs.

I wish you luck my friend!
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 03:05:31 PM »

I missed that part! I'd actually advise against any kind of multiplayer for the first project! Especially if you're making it without coding knowledge D:

litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 09:15:35 PM »

You can't avoid programming skills, you can only avoid having to learn a programming language by using a drag-n-drop editor.

If you're an absolute beginner start with scratch to get the fundamental concepts. But in the long run it would be best to pick up a language and learn.
There's plenty of computer science courses online that can teach you a lot in a fairly short amount of time, (and seriously reduce the fear of coding), for free (such as CS50

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic