Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:29:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRise at Zero - a co-op arena: no players kill, and the only enemy is death
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rise at Zero - a co-op arena: no players kill, and the only enemy is death  (Read 1323 times)
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »

19 July 2018 UPDATE:

Draft 0.0.6: riseatzeroGDD.odt

OLD POST

originating thread.

I've decided to turn this idea in a fully (as much I can) fledged game design.

GDD is odt, I think even new versions of ms-office can open it, otherwise just download LibreOffice, it's free.

Draft 0.0.3 download
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 02:33:26 PM by alexwbc » Logged
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:52:38 AM »

Update:

Draft 0.0.4: Download (9.84MB)

- More images to better visualize mechanics and possible application for original art-style
- Initiate the chapter "prototype" that will illustrate the basic features for a prototype to have player join the game (and evaluate features and such)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:07:25 AM by alexwbc » Logged
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 01:07:54 AM »

New Update

Draft 0.0.5: riseatzeroGDD.odt

- New images

- New chapter for a prototype: an own simplified game design with only the core features and loose ends that will be adjusted as player tester try the game.
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 02:33:00 PM »

​New Update
Draft 0.0.6: riseatzeroGDD.odt​​

added backcover and small addition to prototype description. The real news for this update is that I am actually getting into try and make a working prototype!

Hopefully will post something on my github, then will set up a Itch.io page whenever something that actually runnable will come from it,
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 01:00:48 AM »

Trying to build a prototype by myself.
Slowly becouse I am learning:

My search for aid did lead to anywhere: https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/698026-looking-to-build-a-prototype-for-an-apocalypse-arena

Oh, well...

"Code" is here: https://gitlab.com/alexwbc/Rize-at-Zero-prototype
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 02:22:57 AM »

Finally Godot got this issue fixed and I was able to make another little step on this project (otherwise abandoned).

Now that the "swarm sphere" is capable to detect 3d bodies/areas imported; I could enable another core feature.
When the sphere collide with an object, it slow... giving the player the time to escape the chase.

the idea for the game design is supposed to have few limitations: it works only for a certain amount of time... when colliding the sphere spread wide (like dark cloud) and slowly begin to gain speed (this is to avoid tricks such as keep a swarm "busy" by walking in loop between few obstacles).

I am currently on other project, but by time in time I may keep on going with this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:28:06 AM by alexwbc » Logged
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 10:58:52 AM »

UPDATE! (even if not strictly related to Rise at Zero)

I've open a Patreon page where I shall try to collect founds to get equipment (still need a good graphical tablet) and possibly set a small poll of money to offer anyone who's willing to build up the aforementioned prototype.

https://www.patreon.com/fortoj

I am working on a supersecret prototype in very early stages (simple 2d game); I plan to share more info about it as more founds get coming (which it mean there are people actually curious enough to take a look at it, at least): if you consider this interesting enough to support me, the only goal I have by now is to reach 77$ for a graphical tablet, and my only tier is an equal-for-all low as 1$.
To reach my goal I need about 77 very kindly person to donate as much as my only tier, or 38 (and one cut half) for 2 month My Word!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic