Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 08:57:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Use ARkit on android?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Use ARkit on android?  (Read 703 times)
davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2018, 02:35:39 AM »

I can't seem to find a conlcusive answer yet as to whether arkit can be used on android devices.
I am curious to find out because googles arcore sdk can be built to ios using cloud anchors. I was wondering if the arkit plugin could be used on android devices?
Polly
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 05:41:34 AM »

I can't seem to find a conlcusive answer yet as to whether arkit can be used on android devices.

ARkit is iOS only.

I am curious to find out because googles arcore sdk can be built to ios using cloud anchors.

Apple wants you to buy Apple products. Google wants you to use Google software .. regardless of what hardware you're using.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 08:09:26 AM »

Yeah, they're different. But if you use Unity to make an AR app it'll compile to ARKit on iOS and ARCore on Android, so if that's an option for you, it's quite convenient.

davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 10:40:03 AM »

Yeah, they're different. But if you use Unity to make an AR app it'll compile to ARKit on iOS and ARCore on Android, so if that's an option for you, it's quite convenient.
Ok thanks for the response. I was looking at how the arcore cloud anchor feature can be used for ios. I was trying to use the helloar but found out it's not compatible with ios. How did you find out that if you use unity to make an AR app it'll compile to ARKit on iOS and ARCore on Android?
davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 10:40:35 AM »

ARkit is iOS only.

I am curious to find out because googles arcore sdk can be built to ios using cloud anchors.

Apple wants you to buy Apple products. Google wants you to use Google software .. regardless of what hardware you're using.
Ok thanks for the information.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 10:43:36 PM »

Ok thanks for the response. I was looking at how the arcore cloud anchor feature can be used for ios. I was trying to use the helloar but found out it's not compatible with ios. How did you find out that if you use unity to make an AR app it'll compile to ARKit on iOS and ARCore on Android?
Saw this tweet: https://twitter.com/DanMillerDev/status/1011515237512744960

I've actually never made an AR app tho, so 'fraid I can't help more than that. No experience.

davejones
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 01:11:10 AM »

Saw this tweet: https://twitter.com/DanMillerDev/status/1011515237512744960

I've actually never made an AR app tho, so 'fraid I can't help more than that. No experience.
cool
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic