Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411280 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:02:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Rev-share] Programmer looking for artist.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Rev-share] Programmer looking for artist.  (Read 633 times)
Devroc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2018, 04:37:38 AM »

Edited 7/11/2018:
Advertisement closed. I found someone to work with.
-------------------------------------------------

I’m looking to team up with 1 other artist passionate about making games.

I am aiming to make a quality game that we like and will succeed in the video game market.

I’ve been a professional programmer for 10 years, so I can take care of all the technical details. I need an artist that reciprocates my dedication in a craft to join me to make magnificent games.

In order to give you, the artist, a feel for who I am, here is my hobby art: https://www.deviantart.com/pastelogre/gallery/

You’ll need to at least be able to compete against me in the art department. I am a far better programmer than I am a graphical artist.

We can discuss details on Discord:

https://discord.gg/XbEgVfH

Tools of the trade:

I can use but don't require the use of any particular game engine, nor am I limited to any particular platform. All support C/C++, my primary programming language. I've used both Unity and Cocos2D-X to make games. I've also created my own for a certain set-top-box platform using OpenGL. If you think you can express what you want express with specular and bump-mapping, I probably won't need to borrow any renderer from existing engines.

My passion:

- I love western RPG's because of the choice-making and open-endedness. I don't play JRPG's, although Japanese animations impress me greatly and I welcome the influence of Japanese art.

- I love character customization and other forms of personalization in gaming, especially online.

- I love twitch games for the challenge, but I've also really enjoyed tactical turn-based RPG's. I usually play games that the average person would find difficult, but I don't mind making a thoughtful yet accessible game with easier levels of difficulty.

- I dislike blatant clones. It's difficult to come up with something completely original, but I hope we can try our best to make our game unique and worth existing in the marketplace.

What I have in mind:

I actually hope not to lock us in any particular game-type for now. I just want to find an artist to work with and possibly discuss what we want to make together. But to start us off, I believe we'll need to stick with something manageable by a small group, starting with just us for now. What immediately comes to mind is a survival sand-box, which implies day-night cycles, seasons, hunger, weather, and other forms of nature's scariness. Then we can stick in whatever we want, particularly catering to what the artist wants to express in his/her art. The whole point of my mastering programming is to make art and passion come to life in the form of a game. I'm not here to tell you what to do, but to work with you.

I think what we'd make largely depends on what the artist wants to express. For example, if you specialize in cool looking 2D animations and action, then perhaps a 2D platformer would be a great start to show-case that. If you like creating realistic and atmospheric art, then perhaps it's a survival sandbox.

Another thing is, I'm up for a mobile game or a steam PC game, or an online game that crosses both. The cross should be interesting if people on the go can be match-made and dropped into existing games. Something cool off the top of my head is that rather than dropping in as a player, perhaps mobile users can drop in for a degree of control of enemies, or anything else that can defeat the players.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 06:03:26 PM by Devroc » Logged
Devroc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »

I found somebody to work with and am closing recruitment for now as we work things out and get things started. We may or may not open recruitment again later.
Devroc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:02:46 AM »

Recruitment re-opened.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic