Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:10:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTwinkle Torch: A Co-op Adventure
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Twinkle Torch: A Co-op Adventure  (Read 5738 times)
TheClintHennesy
Level 0

Artist working on Twinkle Torch!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2018, 04:51:23 AM »

Good day, guys! First off- Thank you so much for dropping by our TIGSource Page.
Our team have been lurking here and there for some time now- but not all of the are forum people, I guess. Smiley

Now. About us... We’re a bunch of devs. We’re pretty introverted. This is also our first and commercial game. This is a one-shot to us. The most experience most of our members have is 3 years+ in other companies. We’re not complete noobs- but we’re FAR from being veterans either. We know we have some strengths but we also know we have so much weaknesses to cover.

We believe that being in a community like the TIGForums can not only help us with our game- but also help other developers with their games. That’s it. Smiley

What is Twinkle Torch?
It’s a light-hearted, 2-player, co-op Adventure Game that is designed to feel like a dungeon series.

Think of it this way: In the RPG triad, we have the basic Tank, Healer, and DPS. In Twinkle Torch , we wanted to recreate the feeling of “Tanking and Healing” but with both players being able to do the DPS at the same time. It’s all about the the coordination  between  two people. It’s pretty simple!

But here’s a catch. You can’t heal and shield at the same time. The Twinkle Torch can only be used by one person at the same time. This means you’ll have to strategically coordinate with your partner to pass the torch!

Proof of Concept
We’ve iterated more than 4-6 prototypes with different verbs and mechanics for this project and we’ve tested them out to a number of friends and “pre-alpha” testers. Our goal had always been to find that “Hey! I need you with me” and “Let’s do this together!” feels as players go through the game.

It’s now come to a point where we’ve locked in the game design’s core and the look-and-feel we’re looking for (and we’re very happy about it!)

The Core Mechanics:
Shooting, Shielding, Passing, and Restoring.

Above: Mara, Lowee, and Yoru. Mara holds the shield. Lowee is the Twinkle Torch. Yoru restores the shields.

Our Inspiration
MMORPG’s Triad
Resident Evil 5 Co-op Elements
Overwatch’s Co-op Interactions (Between Healers and Tanks)

And ofcourse- when it comes to
Art Style, and Narrative:
Digimon- aside from just nostalgia- Twinkle Torch’s Core identity revolves around the concept of “partnership”.
This is the very core of Twinkle Torch’s vision as a game.
We believe that this game can give that ultimate “I’m your partner” fantasy!

Above: Our most basic evil monsters: Kane, Squirt, and Kendi

Some concept art for our islands... The realm of the Nightmare!

That’s all for now and, again, Thank you for dropping by our page. If you wanna know more about us, you can visit our official website at RedTridentGames.net

Feel free to follow us on our official Social Media pages as well to keep updated!:    

Discord
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

TheClintHennesy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 04:51:47 AM »

[Reserved Post]

TheClintHennesy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 04:52:03 AM »

[Reserved Post]

bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 06:03:50 AM »

interesting idea. looking forward to see more on gameplay  Grin

Shyk62
Level 0

Hey Guys, Not a Dev Here :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:19:52 AM »

interesting idea. looking forward to see more on gameplay  Grin

Thanks Man :D we actually have some clips. Though it is like in Pre Alpha and most of the assets are not in that build.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 08:56:26 PM by Shyk62 » Logged

Davi Vasc
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 09:29:15 AM »

Hey buddy, what a pleasant surprise seeing you here  Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right

Davi Vasc - Video Game Composer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VascMusic
TheClintHennesy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 09:28:32 PM »

Hey buddy, what a pleasant surprise seeing you here  Wink Hand Thumbs Up Right
Yoh! Davi! :D

Haha. Yeah. We're slowly getting stuff out. It's really scary. Kinda. Since this will be our first game that will actually be put out for real.

Oooh. I think we should have some GIFS from our prototype we'll put in here. :> Evil

Yorozuya_Joe_Kun
Level 0

VFX Artist ~huehuehuehue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 06:50:38 AM »

Hello! I'm Joe and I'm the VFX guys! Smiley from now on I'll be posting some of our game VFX !  Well, hello there!

Shyk62
Level 0

Hey Guys, Not a Dev Here :D

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 01:36:27 AM »

Hey bombjack, sorry it took a bit long. Needed to re record and edit it. This is what our game looks like right now thanks for being interested :D

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2018, 04:38:06 PM »

I like the visual style! Smiley
I know it's WIP, but will the background be that dark?  It works from a readibility point of view but overall, I guess I'd prefer something more colorful to match the cartoonish style.

Regarding co-op, will there be a single player mode (with or without AI partner) or is it intended to be a co-op game only?

TheClintHennesy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2018, 01:36:43 AM »

I like the visual style! Smiley
I know it's WIP, but will the background be that dark?  It works from a readibility point of view but overall, I guess I'd prefer something more colorful to match the cartoonish style.

Regarding co-op, will there be a single player mode (with or without AI partner) or is it intended to be a co-op game only?

Yohh!! hahaha.

Yohhhhh. haha

Well- ther'll be a bunch of environment sets. So.... Yes. We'll have around 6 different environment tilesets- different tones for each. :D

That's why we're kinda quiet about it at the moment cuz our gameplay footages aren't so nice.

DW. It will be colorful.

Regarding the Single Player thing... We are still yet to solve that. We know we are really trying to cater for a 2-Player Experience. Twinkle Torch is designed this way. Right now it's making sure the game works as a 2-Player game and ready for Demos on conventions. Once we lock the design in- we will start iterating for Single Target.

haha.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic