Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:09:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHow does one find streamers on Twitch to play ones game?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How does one find streamers on Twitch to play ones game?  (Read 1231 times)
Sandwich Generation
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »

So, I dont know anything about Twitch. But so far I have found that...

1. Searching doesnt seem to be very useful to find streams that cover certain topics.
Eg. I have searched for keywords relevant to my game (free, browser, pvp, multiplayer,strategy,action)

2. If you do find a stream, there doesnt appear to be an email address or any way to directly message the channel in order to ask them to look at your game.

The above points dont apply on Youtube for example. Twitch seems like a cool new way to get eyeballs on your game. If someone who is clued in could explain these mysteries to me I'd really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:17:57 PM by IndustrialLazersInc » Logged

Foxwarrior
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:09:28 PM »

I also know basically nothing about this, but can't you message twitchers while they're streaming? Like, doesn't every stream have a chat log you could suggest your game in?
Sandwich Generation
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 02:54:52 PM »

Yeah, I dont wanna do that cus, they're busy streaming right then. Not exactly the best time for that. Also u'd have to wait till they are streaming, with timezones that could be pretty awkward.

alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:12:44 PM »

Yeah, I dont wanna do that cus, they're busy streaming right then. Not exactly the best time for that. Also u'd have to wait till they are streaming, with timezones that could be pretty awkward.

Find a small streamer that plays the sort of games that you make (so, search by game) and send them a whisper. That's the best way I think.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
zratchet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 03:51:30 AM »

I can help (looking for community management type work right now)

But to respond to this post, look up things like TwitchKittens on Discord, there are whole servers that are dedicated to connecting devs and streamers. Also many streamers will have other friends on their discords, so you can organically ask them if they would be interested as well.

Cofounder/Creative/Production Lead - Zeolite Studios

http://facebook.com/ZeoliteStudiosInc
Bambino2012
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 06:46:20 AM »

Hey zratchet,

Thanks for the discord channel hint (TwitchKittens), how did u find this channel ?
Any other tips?

Thanks !

Polly
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 11:38:12 AM »

Whatever you do, don't offer them large sums of money .. they don't seem to like that Wink

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableImportantPterodactylMVGame
MSThalamus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 12:08:28 PM »

My two cents: _don't_ mention your game in their chat! Smiley Streamers take what they do seriously (as they should), and I don't think they want games advertised publicly on their chat while they're streaming a different game. If you want to let them know about your game, I think it would be a better idea to first PM them a question about if they're okay with you telling them about a game rather than just launching into an advert. So instead of "Hey, here's a link to a game I think you'd like," you could say something like "I enjoyed watching you stream <game name> today! I'm working on a similar game. Would you like to hear about it?" And then, unless they say (explicitly) "yes" I wouldn't contact them any further. Again, though, this is just my two cents.
zratchet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »

TwitchKittens is a streamer network so a lot of streamers have info or links about it on their Twitter profiles.

One of the best ways  to contact streamers is through their Discords rather than on Twitch. That or the networks like TwitchKittens, which is also on Discord. A lot of streamers will even have a place where devs can drop a link to their game on their Discord servers.

Also, remember that streamers are gamers like the rest of us and even being paid to play a specific game - if they don't like it - they'll express that.

Cofounder/Creative/Production Lead - Zeolite Studios

http://facebook.com/ZeoliteStudiosInc
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic