Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:06:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHello, Criticize me first game: Ultraball
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hello, Criticize me first game: Ultraball  (Read 976 times)
BrokenGameplay
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2018, 06:43:40 AM »

Hello all,

Thank you for having me/us

I am just going to make these brief, this is not our actual launch trailer. just being new to gamedev and steam we had to upload a video and started with this...

Thoughts? let me know

Thanks fellow game devs Smiley
Pixel Shark Creations
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 06:50:50 AM »

This looks really cool! At first, I expected it to be a rocket league clone but with people but after taking a further look I think the game has some real promise!

We make games Smiley
MSThalamus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 09:18:05 AM »

I have to say that I never would have thought of pairing sci-fi and soccer... but it works! Everything in the foreground looks great. The crowd, for lack of a better word, "matte painting" looks a little flat, though. That might be helped just by increasing contrast, but a more pronounced normal map might be a good idea. You could also play around with perspective a bit, tilting the image's actual content one direction and then physically leaning the plane in the opposite direction. Looks like a fun game!
Jackolantern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 09:11:19 AM »

Your game looks very nice! However, I feel the actual video editing could use some work. I believe you are following a single player for too long in your shots and it drags the excitement down a bit. I would suggest bringing the length of each clip down and center them on exciting points in the play, such as scoring goals, two players fighting over a ball, etc. I would actually suggest going to YouTube and looking at some nicely-produced soccer highlight clips and see what kind of shots and angles they use, how much build-up to a goal they show, etc. because it should actually be pretty applicable to your game as well I feel.

It will be a balancing act between distilling down pure action in your clips and trying to show enough of the game so people know what it is. But it looks like a great game you have put a lot of work into so you definitely want to spend the time to make the video the best it can be. So many people judge Steam games purely off of their trailer. Best of luck!
BrokenGameplay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 11:17:25 AM »

This looks really cool! At first, I expected it to be a rocket league clone but with people but after taking a further look I think the game has some real promise!

Thanks!

Yes visually and some ux concepts are definitely inspired by rocket league!
BrokenGameplay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 11:19:05 AM »

Your game looks very nice! However, I feel the actual video editing could use some work. I believe you are following a single player for too long in your shots and it drags the excitement down a bit. I would suggest bringing the length of each clip down and center them on exciting points in the play, such as scoring goals, two players fighting over a ball, etc. I would actually suggest going to YouTube and looking at some nicely-produced soccer highlight clips and see what kind of shots and angles they use, how much build-up to a goal they show, etc. because it should actually be pretty applicable to your game as well I feel.

It will be a balancing act between distilling down pure action in your clips and trying to show enough of the game so people know what it is. But it looks like a great game you have put a lot of work into so you definitely want to spend the time to make the video the best it can be. So many people judge Steam games purely off of their trailer. Best of luck!

Thanks, yeah it wasn't intended to be the "release trailer" but steam requires one to put on the page and I didn't realize that's where it's go. A new one will get made before release
GD_Entertainment
Level 0

GD ENTERTAINMENT

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 06:34:42 AM »

Looks fun, dynamic and entertaining!

GD ENTERTAINMENT is a place where ideas become a reality and where the fun can never go extinct.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic